Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anokha Pyar (1948)

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anokha Pyar (1948)
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62523

Film : Anokha Pyar
Year : 1948
Music Director : Anil Biswas
Format : mp3
Bit Rate : 160 kbps

Details of the songs are as given below:
Attached Image

This post has been edited by vdsachin: Oct 23 2008, 11:05 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing...

This post has been edited by vdsachin: Oct 23 2008, 11:19 AM
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing...
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 335

Sachin, thanks for bringing up this treasure trove of an album. Had Anil Biswas done just two movies - this one and 'Tarana' - he would still have had a secure spot in film music heaven forever; in reality, of course, these two are among the many, many gorgeous soundtracks this musical wizard has given us.

A unique feature of this film is the sheer number of "tandem" songs - there are at least 4 songs sung separately by two or more singers! I understand this was done because Lata Mangeshkar wasn't available for the film recordings; she has sung the songs on the 78 rpm releases. (Or was it vice versa? Either way, we win: we get to hear these great songs sung by different singers!)

Ira Nagrath (wife of Roshan, mother of Rakesh and Rajesh Roshan, and grandmother of Hrithik Roshan) passed away recently. [Nagrath is the family name - Roshan was actually Roshanlal Nagrath; the family took to calling themselves Roshan after he became famous under that name.]

Am adding one more song from "Anokha Pyar" that is missing from your list: "bholaa bhaalaa rii moraa balamaa na jaane" sung by Lata (2:45 min, 128 kbs mp3).

Warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 23 2008, 12:49 PM
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 23 2008, 12:48 PM) *

Sachin, thanks for bringing up this treasure trove of an album. Had Anil Biswas done just two movies - this one and 'Tarana' - he would still have had a secure spot in film music heaven forever; in reality, of course, these two are among the many, many gorgeous soundtracks this musical wizard has given us.

A unique feature of this film is the sheer number of "tandem" songs - there are at least 4 songs sung separately by two or more singers! I understand this was done because Lata Mangeshkar wasn't available for the film recordings; she has sung the songs on the 78 rpm releases. (Or was it vice versa? Either way, we win: we get to hear these great songs sung by different singers!)

Ira Nagrath (wife of Roshan, mother of Rakesh and Rajesh Roshan, and grandmother of Hrithik Roshan) passed away recently. [Nagrath is the family name - Roshan was actually Roshanlal Nagrath; the family took to calling themselves Roshan after he became famous under that name.]

Am adding one more song from "Anokha Pyar" that is missing from your list: "bholaa bhaalaa rii moraa balamaa na jaane" sung by Lata (2:45 min, 128 kbs mp3).

Warm regards,
Abhay

Thank You for all the informtion & the missing song Abhay - smile.gif
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Sachin, I am afraid all the songs where you have mentioned "Ira Nagrath" as the singer actually feature Meena Kapoor. There *is* a version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" that is sung by Lata and Ira N (I understand from a friend that that is the 78 rpm version) but the one you have posted here is clearly by Lata and Meena K.

For the other songs, I don't think there is any Ira N version - the tandem versions are by Lata and Meena K.

I am trying to get hold of the Lata-Ira N version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" - will post it here as soon as I succeed in getting it.

Warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 23 2008, 02:21 PM
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 23 2008, 02:20 PM) *

Sachin, I am afraid all the songs where you have mentioned "Ira Nagrath" as the singer actually feature Meena Kapoor. There *is* a version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" that is sung by Lata and Ira N (I understand from a friend that that is the 78 rpm version) but the one you have posted here is clearly by Lata and Meena K.

For the other songs, I don't think there is any Ira N version - the tandem versions are by Lata and Meena K.

I am trying to get hold of the Lata-Ira N version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" - will post it here as soon as I succeed in getting it.

Warm regards,
Abhay

You may be correct - Abhay...
I am a novice in this music world and might have been fooled by the tags... hence I always relay on expert friends of HF.

However - accidentally though - I found this post on HF - which is kind of an explanation to all these confusions....:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry214764

Specially Balaji's comments "But as Meena fell ill in between they were sung by Ira Nagarth who had a very similar voice." in the post may be an answer to your question.

Any way's as always - I take the words of HF Experts as final - so please let me know if you find something on this.

Thank You smile.gif

Have yet another post from Faizel Sahab:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry448780

This post has been edited by vdsachin: Oct 23 2008, 03:06 PM
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Oct 23 2008, 02:44 PM) *

I am a novice in this music world and might have been fooled by the tags... hence I always relay on expert friends of HF.

However - accidentally though - I found this post on HF - which is kind of an explanation to all these confusions....:

Specially Balaji's comments "But as Meena fell ill in between they were sung by Ira Nagarth who had a very similar voice." in the post may be an answer to your question.

Any way's as always - I take the words of HF Experts as final - so please let me know if you find something on this.

Thank You smile.gif

Sachin, the discussion on that link is saying exactly what I said: that the CD has the LM-MK version of the duet but has mistakenly attributed it to LM-IN! smile1.gif

The only change is that Lata came in for the 78 rpm versions as Meena K was not available and not that Meena K came in because Lata wasn't available. Either way, as I said, we should be grateful we have two great versions of so many great songs!

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Also - the above mentioned post of Faizel Sahab mentions the below verion which I am missing:

Anokha Pyar-Ek Dil Ka Lagaana (Part 2)-Meena Kapoor

Can someone please upload the song.

Thank You smile.gif
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 23 2008, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Oct 23 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Thank You smile.gif

Sachin, the discussion on that link is saying exactly what I said: that the CD has the LM-MK version of the duet but has mistakenly attributed it to LM-IN! smile1.gif

The only change is that Lata came in for the 78 rpm versions as Meena K was not available and not that Meena K came in because Lata wasn't available. Either way, as I said, we should be grateful we have two great versions of so many great songs!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Ya.. music is music either it's Lata Ji / Meena Ji / Ira Ji...
But - it is so unprofessional of HMV for giving misleading credentials.. ohmy.gif

Thank You Abhay smile.gif
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Oct 23 2008, 03:10 PM) *

But - it is so unprofessional of HMV for giving misleading credentials.. ohmy.gif

I have long ago given up on HMV. Mislabelled songs are nothing new for them. One needs to trust one's ears - and those whom one believes have more sensitive ears. Mercifully, I have a lot of such friends both here on HF and on RMIM! smile1.gif

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I am responding here to Sachin's post on the other thread at http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=542019 :

A friend has sent me the actual LM-IN version of the duet. I will upload it tomorrow on this thread. He had only a low-res version (just 32 kbps): I understand it is against HF norms to upload low-res versions, but I am hoping our Admin friends will allow this exception in order to set the singers' record straight.

I will also post another surprise - one that will add to the confusion! wink2.gif

May I also request that all discussions regarding "Anokha Pyar" be carried out on this thread? It is confusing to have two threads at the same time on the same subject!

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
aryanraj
post Oct 23 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 37674

Sachin u have shared really very rare collection, i was also searching for this movie s songs but was unable to find all songs.

here today i have seen most of the songs of the movie are here.

thnx for the great work dude

Zindagi to bewfa hai ek din thukrayegi
Maut mahbooba hai sath lekar jayegi
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 23 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 23 2008, 09:14 AM) *

I understand it is against HF norms to upload low-res versions, but I am hoping our Admin friends will allow this exception in order to set the singers' record straight.

Abhay, sorry for my intrusion, but in such a cases, it is advised to post the song on a file sharing site (ex: Rapidshare) and give a link here.

That is what the rules say! I know you are a senior member, much senior than me, but this is what I wanted to share.

Thanks and Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 23 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Oct 23 2008, 09:55 PM) *

Abhay, sorry for my intrusion, but in such a cases, it is advised to post the song on a file sharing site (ex: Rapidshare) and give a link here.

That is what the rules say! I know you are a senior member, much senior than me, but this is what I wanted to share.

Thanks for clarifying this, Parag. While I have been on HF for a long time, I have (sadly for myself) been a fairly erratic member and have not really kept up with the changing rules. Thanks for pointing this out: that is just what I will do.

Also, thanks a ton for the Meena Kapoor version of "ek dil kaa lagaanaa". Do you know it's provenance? I have never come across any mention of this song earlier.

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:33 PM