Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sahir & Shairi

, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sahir & Shairi, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi
swarapriya
post May 13 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(astob70 @ May 13 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Sahir sahab has been and will remain one of the greatest lyricists of all time. His poetry has always had a deep impact on me. Salutes to you Sahir sahab.

Thanks so very much Swarapriya for all the wonderful uploads.

You're very welcome.

Astob, it appears like you've just joined the Forum. Let me be one of the first ones to welcome you. You will enjoy being with so many people who know so much about our film musical heritage and willing to share what they know. Thanks to this Forum, I learned a great deal about and became more appreciative of our songs.

Sahir Saab is one of the poets who is on the top of my list. His tumultuous early life that translated into brilliant poetry as an aspiring young man continued through rest of his life even in his professional capacity as a film lyricist and you can experience this through some of the unforgettable songs he wrote ...

Cheers and welcome to the Forum again, Astob.

Swarapriya

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2010, 06:23 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Alif Laila (1953)

Here is a great musical with beautiful lyrics to go with it. Lata's song "Bahaar Aayi" is a gem of a song, literally as well composition wise and also the way Lata sings it. There are two magnificent solos by Talat Saab, both in his velvety smooth voice. Also, there are a couple of fine duets of Lata and Rafi Saab.

I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts. The first post consists of all the songs from the film. The second post consists of some extended version songs. Now for the first set ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Alif Laila (1953)" ...

I am uploading here four extended version songs. Some are only slightly longer and their quality compared the ones from post 1 is a bit on the lower side. Also, please note that some songs are only few seconds longer. The extended version of the song "Bahaar" is 55 seconds longer, "Khaamosh" is 30 seconds longer, "Kya Raat" 15 seconds, and "Tujh Ko" by 27 seconds. I also have a slightly longer version of Talat Saab's song "Mere Naghmon" by 17 seconds. However, I am not uploading it here because of its very poor quality.

Here are these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
astob70
post May 16 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 170421

Thanks Swarapriya for welcoming me aboard.

Thanks once again for the Alif Laila upload.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 16 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(astob70 @ May 16 2010, 04:28 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for welcoming me aboard.

Thanks once again for the Alif Laila upload.

You're welcome indeed, Astob. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Armaan (1953)

Here is a beautiful album by the great Burmanda. On the top of it, some enriching lyrics from Sahir Saab. Interestingly there is no song by Lata in this album. However, there is some lovely singing by Geetaji, Asha, Manna & Talat Saab. Just savor ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 27 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Humsafar (1953)

This is an unusual album in the sense that its music director was the fabulous Ustad Ali Akbar Khan. The great Ustad, renowned throughout the world for his knowledge and expertise of classical music is less known for the music he composed for films. Here is briefly about the legendary Ustad ...

Great Ustad Ali Akbar Khan (see the picture attached) was a virtuoso of Sarod instrument (I am enclosing below a music piece of the playing of this instrument from one of his albums). He came from a great musical heritage and was popular throughout the world for his unparalleled skills as a musician. He travelled all over the world and on many occasions accompanied Ravi Shankar on several of his concerts. His jugalbandis with Shankar were a highlight of these concerts (I am enclosing a track of jugalbandi between these two famous artistes below).

For most of his life in later years he lived in the United States of America where he founded a school training students all over the world. He opened many branches of this school throughout many important world centers. In 1989, he was awarded Padma Vibhushan. He was nominated five times for the Grammy awards. He received several awards in the US for his many significant contributions to the classical music during his illustrious life.

Khan Saab scored music for handful of movies in Bengali, Hindi, and English. This is the second film for which he scored music for the Nav Ketan banner. In 1952, he also scored music for Chetan Anand’s “Aandhiyan”. His other notable credits for films include Satyajit Ray’s “Devi (1960)’ in which Sharmila Tagore made her acting debut in the title role and Ismael Merchant’s “The Householder (1963)” with Shashi Kapoor in the lead role.

Before we open up the songs of "Humsafar" here are the two classical music renditions of the Ustad ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 27 2010, 04:36 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 27 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Humsafar (1953)"

This beautiful album composed by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan Saab is greatly benefited by some beautiful lyrics of Sahir Saab and great singing of Geetaji and Kishoreda. By favorite of the album is Geetaji's lovely solo, "Haseen Chaandni". In her melodious voice, when you listen to this song you feel as if you are drenched in a lovely breeze that is bathed in moonlight.

All songs from this album are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears like I may be still missing a song from this album, shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please share this song if you can. Thank you.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post May 27 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 27 2010, 05:49 AM) *

This beautiful album composed by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan Saab is greatly benefited by some beautiful lyrics of Sahir Saab and great singing of Geetaji and Kishoreda. By favorite of the album is Geetaji's lovely solo, "Haseen Chaandni". In her melodious voice, when you listen to this song you feel as if you are drenched in a lovely breeze that is bathed in moonlight.

All songs from this album are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. It appears like I may be still missing a song from this album, shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please share this song if you can. Thank you.

here is the song

sorry the quality not so good

taiyab

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 27 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ May 26 2010, 04:55 PM) *

here is the song

sorry the quality not so good

taiyab

Thank you very much Taiyab for the mising song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 29 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Babla (1953)

Here is another beauty from the knockout combination of Burmanda and Sahir Saab. Hridyanath Mangeshkar sings a song in this movie. This is interesting because in our films, it has been a general practice for female singers to sing for little boys. In this case, Hridyanathji, must have been a little boy himself, sings the song. Apart from this, did he sing in any other movies?

All songs I am uploading are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. One of the songs, the song by Mannada, is of inferior quality. I am also missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share with rest of us. Thanks.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post May 29 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 29 2010, 02:45 AM) *
Babla (1953)

Here is another beauty from the knockout combination of Burmanda and Sahir Saab. Hridyanath Mangeshkar sings a song in this movie. This is interesting because in our films, it has been a general practice for female singers to sing for little boys. In this case, Hridyanathji, must have been a little boy himself, sings the song. Apart from this, did he sing in any other movies?

All songs I am uploading are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. One of the songs, the song by Mannada, is of inferior quality. I am also missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share with rest of us. Thanks.

here is the missing song

taiyab53

raat khushi ki aayi duniya nayi hai-53-babla-sd burman-lata-sahir ludhyanvi-3.13 mins-160 br

+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post May 29 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 29 2010, 01:45 AM) *

Babla (1953)

I am aware of 4 more songs sung by Hridaynath as a young boy, with quite a feminine voice. That was in the 1951-54 period.... the films were Bazooband (1954), Guzara (1952), Sanskar (1952) and Deewana (1952).

As an adult, however, he sang in many Marathi movies and much later also in Hindi films like Maya Memsaab and Lekin.

Aditya

This post has been edited by Aditya Pant: May 29 2010, 11:08 AM

+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post May 29 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

Thanks for Humsafar and Babla songs Swarapriya

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 29 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ May 28 2010, 03:18 PM) *

here is the missing song

taiyab53

raat khushi ki aayi duniya nayi hai-53-babla-sd burman-lata-sahir ludhyanvi-3.13 mins-160 br

Thank you very much for the song, Taiyab. You come through again. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:18 PM