Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

She

, Does it

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> She, Does it
harihar
post Aug 14 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

Shreya Ghoshal bags National Award

Shreya Ghoshal deserves all the adulations she gets! Her captivating honey touched voice can set souls stirring. And with her National Award for the song ‘Dheere Jalna’ from Amol Palekar’s ‘Paheli’, Shreya is smiling at the recognition and fame she has bagged within such a small time. But not crediting it to her efforts she prefers saying that it is because of her perfect tuning with music director M. M. Kreem. This is Shreya’s second National Award after ‘Bairi Piya’ in ‘Devdas’. She has also bagged Filmfare, AIFA and Zee Cine Award for her songs.

Shreya was recording with Vishal Bharadwaj when channels broke the news of her getting the National Award. “My phone was switched off and my mother was frantically calling me to break the news. She could do it only when I reached home. I went blank! ‘Such an honour’, was the only thought that overwhelmed me in the following moments,” recounts an emotional Shreya.

She continues, “I owe it to M.M. Kreem, the film’s music director who knows how best to utilise my voice. The best thing is, he doesn’t give me too much time on the mike. He doesn’t even ask me to ‘think’ about the song. He allows me to flow naturally. Sometimes, he doesn’t do even one retake. Earlier, he made me sing beautiful songs in ‘Jism’ likw ‘Jadoo Hai, Nasha Hai’ and ‘Chalo’ and a few in Telugu also, so he knows my voice well. I think Gulzar sahab’s thought-provoking lines in the song coupled with the classical and folk element also helped me sing it from the heart. From co-singer Sonu Nigam to Amol Palekar, everyone has contributed to it.”

courtesy MIO

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:08 AM