Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nature Waatch >>from Here And There

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nature Waatch >>from Here And There
Reeth
post Apr 25 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 21 2007, 04:10 AM) *

Reeth, thank you! That was really quick too. wub.gif The flowers are lovely.

I can't help envying the lucky folks who get to experience such beauty for real. Must be a perfect location for movie filmings, is it ?
Hear my confession, ever since I heard that the Nilgiris gets its name from these blooms, I've wanted 2 see them.

The Kurinji blooms once in 12 years, isn't that so? 2018, that's so far away. sad.gif Wonder where I might be then?

I've been to Ooty and Kodaikanal with my family on holiday ( don't remember any of it 'coz I was hardly five sad.gif ), but not Munnar. I know what you must be thinking, we came so near. tongue1.gif Yes, we did.

God Willing, there will be more trips in the offing, and this time I'll make sure that I do visit these places. This time I want 2 remember it too.

Noorie

ye shd visit munnar.....still unspoilt unlike ooty and kodai, i went there last year when kurinji was in full bloom.... smile.gif

Bermuda

Attached Image

Attached Image

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 26 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

Lucky you to be able to see the kurinji flowering.

Are those pics of Munnar? Those clean, white sandy lovely beaches are really tempting me. tongue1.gif
Best of all, I don't see any of those firangis either. rolleyes.gif

God Willing, next time I ever visit down South, I'll certainly make Munnar my first halt.

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 28 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 26 2007, 01:08 AM) *

Lucky you to be able to see the kurinji flowering.

Are those pics of Munnar? Those clean, white sandy lovely beaches are really tempting me. tongue1.gif
Best of all, I don't see any of those firangis either. rolleyes.gif

God Willing, next time I ever visit down South, I'll certainly make Munnar my first halt.

Noorie

noorie those pics are frm Bermuda... biggrin.gif

Coastal Karnataka........ Maravanthe Beach
Attached Image

River Souparnika .....Maravanthe
Attached Image

Attached Image

Kudremukh hills in Western ghats.....KarnatakaAttached Image

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 28 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ohmy.gif Those pics weren't of Munnar? I feel cheated. tongue1.gif

Coastal Karnataka seems a quiet idyllic place 4 a retreat, maybe I'll turn 2 it if ever I think of writing a book. tongue1.gif
I love the coastal cuisine of the South; seafood and fishes of every imaginable variety, cooked 2 perfection, not greasy or over spicy. tongue1.gif Also, how can I forget the tender coconut water, it's heavenly! wub.gif

Reeth, you like the sea or the hills better?

When I was five my 'ambition' was 2 own an island, tongue1.gif but the tsunami has 4ever altered my plans. sad.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 30 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 28 2007, 08:08 PM) *

ohmy.gif Those pics weren't of Munnar? I feel cheated. tongue1.gif

Coastal Karnataka seems a quiet idyllic place 4 a retreat, maybe I'll turn 2 it if ever I think of writing a book. tongue1.gif I love the coastal cuisine of the South; seafood and fishes of every imaginable variety, cooked 2 perfection, not greasy or over spicy. tongue1.gif Also, how can I forget the tender coconut water, it's heavenly! wub.gif

Reeth, you like the sea or the hills better?

When I was five my 'ambition' was 2 own an island, tongue1.gif but the tsunami has 4ever altered my plans. sad.gif

Noorie

Munnar is in the western ghats.....no sea around biggrin.gif

U planning to write a book? on travel?

Do u cook? sunglasses2.gif

I love both the hills and the Sea, it kinda humbles me.......while studying at manipal( In karnataka close to udipi and mangalore) i wd go to the beach at least 3 times a week wit my friends .........There was a tragedy once when one of our collegemate was drowned ......the fisherfolk there tried their level best and helped a lot....but one cant go against nature... sad.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post May 2 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ohmy.gif Dear me, so Munnar is in the Western Ghats. It's time 2 dust out that old atlas, I can clearly see that. sad.gif Or maybe we cud bring a little sea 2 Munnar? tongue1.gif
After all, anything is possible these days when the Chinese can make artificial rain and snow. rolleyes.gif

Reeth, but how did you guess? Cooking's a passion with me. The time when I am not 2 be found with a book in my hand or listening 2 music, or with my family or friends, I'll be in the kitchen rustling up new delicious dishes.
Collecting well guarded family recipes is another of my guilty pastimes. rolleyes.gif But it's definitely well worth it, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone yet. tongue1.gif

A travel writer and me? ohmy.gif No, I couldn't be. For the simple reason that I am always too busy savoring the beauty of the places I visit. Besides I am the impulsive kind, I wud hate 2 keep a journal.

Reeth, do you read a lot of travel literature? Any particular favorite author?

It's tragic what happened with your friend, but the sea is unpredictable and mysterious.
I know just what you meant by that "humbling" feeling; I've felt it too, that raw power of wild Nature at it's merciless best.

The hills can also show that savage face though rarely. Entire hills with houses on them doing the disappearing act as a result of landslides and flashfloods. One of my best friends a Himachali girl lost her whole family when her native village was swamped by a massive cloud burst.
Yet life goes on. sad.gif It takes a lot of courage to be able to do that. I don't know if I could.

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post May 2 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ May 2 2007, 07:12 AM) *

ohmy.gif Dear me, so Munnar is in the Western Ghats. It's time 2 dust out that old atlas, I can clearly see that. sad.gif Or maybe we cud bring a little sea 2 Munnar? tongue1.gif
After all, anything is possible these days when the Chinese can make artificial rain and snow. rolleyes.gif

Reeth, but how did you guess? Cooking's a passion with me. The time when I am not 2 be found with a book in my hand or listening 2 music, or with my family or friends, I'll be in the kitchen rustling up new delicious dishes.
Collecting well guarded family recipes is another of my guilty pastimes. rolleyes.gif But it's definitely well worth it, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone yet. tongue1.gif

A travel writer and me? ohmy.gif No, I couldn't be. For the simple reason that I am always too busy savoring the beauty of the places I visit. Besides I am the impulsive kind, I wud hate 2 keep a journal.

Reeth, do you read a lot of travel literature? Any particular favorite author?

It's tragic what happened with your friend, but the sea is unpredictable and mysterious.
I know just what you meant by that "humbling" feeling; I've felt it too, that raw power of wild Nature at it's merciless best.

The hills can also show that savage face though rarely. Entire hills with houses on them doing the disappearing act as a result of landslides and flashfloods. One of my best friends a Himachali girl lost her whole family when her native village was swamped by a massive cloud burst.
Yet life goes on. sad.gif It takes a lot of courage to be able to do that. I don't know if I could.

Noorie

Noorie other than National Geographic and some other light travel books i have not read many...
Talking abt collecting family receipes..... i was reminded of Asha bhonsle,went to her restaurant Asha's in Dubai ...........the menu is made up of various receipes that she has collected over a period of time from her own family and other great film personalities, and the food is superb......the restaurant thumbs-up.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post May 8 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Few more ......Coastal karnataka

Attached Image

Western ghats..
Attached Image

A variety of wild orchid growing in western ghats...
Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post May 8 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

ENGLISH SUMMER

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post May 17 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Lovely!!! wub.gif

It's like a Dream! Reminds me of the lines by William Wordsworth -

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

Only difference the ones in the pix ( the 3rd one ) are bluebells! wub.gif

Thanx 4 these Reeth. smile.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post May 18 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ May 17 2007, 10:01 PM) *

Lovely!!! wub.gif

It's like a Dream! Reminds me of the lines by William Wordsworth -

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

Only difference the ones in the pix ( the 3rd one ) are bluebells! wub.gif

Thanx 4 these Reeth. smile.gif

Noorie

You are most welcome noorie bow.gif .....nothing to beat mother nature smile.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post May 30 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Adding some more pics......Beautiful Wales

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Jun 11 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Beautiful!!! wub.gif

Is that wild heather?

Thanks Reeth, you do have a good eye for the prettiest pictures ! wub.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jun 11 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Jun 11 2007, 06:42 PM) *

Beautiful!!! wub.gif

Is that wild heather?

Thanks Reeth, you do have a good eye for the prettiest pictures ! wub.gif

Noorie

Thank you noorie smile.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jun 13 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mangalore ......backwaters and beaches

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:15 AM