Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ustaad Fateh Ali Khan

, various popular ragas

> Ustaad Fateh Ali Khan, various popular ragas
Wehshee
post Sep 27 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Friends..

i have converted some of my audio casettes of ustaad fateh ali khan to mp3. i will try to upload the tracks one by one every now and then.

ustad fateh ali khan, as most of you know, is ustad amanat ali khan's brother. keeping to the tradition of the family. these two brothers were trained to sing together in duets. ( those of u who maight have heard them together in the thumri "kab aao gey" i posted earlier..) sutaad amanat ali khan was trained by their father to keep to the basic foundation and then later to the higher notes.. while ustaad fateh ali khan was trained to fill up the raga with numerous improvisations... now he does both the things alone. and does them well.

i am not here to post a profile on him. i will just share what i feel towards his singing. ustaad fateh ali khan was greatly influenced by his uncle ustaad ashiq ali khan and he deliberately tries to copy his style. i have heard ustaad ashiq ali khan too. the main thing he includes in his singing is what he refers to "bol taan", in which he mixes the wordings while he attempts "taan". this is a beautiful addition, which is a sort of a trade mark of ustaad fateh ali khan and ashiq ali khan.

another thing which i notice about his singing is the fact that is referred to as "aamad ki gaeki", which means he sings as it comes.. extempore... he creates music according to the crowd and his own feelings. not every classical singer can even do this. he sounds so comfortable when he performs, its as if he is having a casual conversation with somebody. i highly appreciate this quality, it leads to beautiful improvisations and comtributes heavily to the overall atmosphere of whichever raga he performs.

it is said that the great sutaads see the ragas as persons.. as a devi to be precise, and they describe the devi's beauty and majesty through the "surrs"..

i will be uploading whatever i have soon.. only if you guys are interested.. among other ragas, i have raga madhmaadh sarang, raga kedar, raga bilas khani todi, raga megh, raga jaunpuri, raga bairagi etc.

let me know.. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Wehshee   Ustaad Fateh Ali Khan   Sep 27 2004, 06:31 AM
sanjivirs   hey wehshee .Looking forward to your uploads rega...   Sep 27 2004, 03:40 PM
extenok   Wehshee, a very informative & interesting prof...   Sep 27 2004, 04:33 PM
Wehshee   thanx guys. :bow: actually i am extremely busy...   Sep 28 2004, 06:24 AM
Wehshee   oh i'm sorry, i just realized.. for all my fr...   Sep 29 2004, 06:15 AM
Apriya   Dear Weshee : I afraid that above upload is not r...   Sep 29 2004, 06:13 PM
Wehshee   Nahi priya ji, I'm pretty sure its ustaad fate...   Sep 30 2004, 05:29 AM
Apriya   Thanks for your response. My doubts are based on ...   Sep 30 2004, 05:23 PM
Wehshee   sure apriya, but the thing is, ustaad munawar ali...   Oct 8 2004, 08:05 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 PM