Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Singh Is King

, Jagjit Singh - The Ghazal King & More

38 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Singh Is King, Jagjit Singh - The Ghazal King & More
chopin
post Jul 3 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 88743

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 30 2012, 03:17 AM) *

Concluding Shabads from "Man Jeetai Jagjeet (Gurbani)" - A Punjabi Devotional Album...

This post contains a lengthy shlok (sholok). It is over 27 minutes of duration. Therefore, I have to split it into three parts. To access the shlok, you have to upload all three parts. Either one or two parts will not work.

Here is the shlok...

Swarapriya thank you for uploading this album including the long shlok.

Regards , Sanjay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Jul 3 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3033

Just back in my hometown after 3 months, thank you very much Swarapriya for this wonderful collection, I have been waiting for this collection.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(chopin @ Jul 2 2012, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 30 2012, 03:17 AM) *

Concluding Shabads from "Man Jeetai Jagjeet (Gurbani)" - A Punjabi Devotional Album...

This post contains a lengthy shlok (sholok). It is over 27 minutes of duration. Therefore, I have to split it into three parts. To access the shlok, you have to upload all three parts. Either one or two parts will not work.

Here is the shlok...

Swarapriya thank you for uploading this album including the long shlok.

Regards , Sanjay

You're very welcome Sanjay. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Jul 2 2012, 06:00 PM) *

Just back in my hometown after 3 months, thank you very much Swarapriya for this wonderful collection, I have been waiting for this collection.

Bhai Saab,

You're very welcome.

You are one of the members of this Forum, Bhai Saab, who have encouraged me time and again to start this kind of thread. Before I could plunge into it, I wanted to make sure that I had enough albums to share and make a full justification of it. It turns out that I got plenty of them that I will be able to share that will keep this thread alive hopefully for sometime to come.

Again, thank you very much for the encouragement.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 4 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sukhi Perwaar (1978) - A Punjabi Film

Jajgitji sang only one song, a duet with Minoo Purshottam, in this Punjabi film. It also has several other nice songs in this album for which Mohinderji composed the music. I am uploading these in two back-to-back posts. I am also including the duet by Chitraji and Jgajitj, that Jagjitji sang originally for this film with Minoo Purshottam, from their "Punjabi Hits" album here.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 4 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sukhi Perwaar (1978)" - A Punjabi Film...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 6 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

He Ram... He Ram.... Shree Ram Dhun

This devotional album consists of Shree Ram Dhun. On the CD it comes in two parts. It is difficult to distinguish what is the difference in these. It seems to me that they are the same except near the end for a minute are so.

This is a dhun devotional. The same words (given in the table below) are repeated over and over again. I believe each part has the dhun done eight times. Length of each part is about the same, nearly 27 minutes. I am uploading these dhuns in two back-to-back posts. Please note that because of the duration of each dhun, I have to split each of them into three parts. To access the dhun please upload all three parts as any one or two will not work.

Here is first part of the Shree Ram dhun...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 6 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding the Dhun from "He Ram... He Ram.... Shree Ram Dhun"...

Here is the second part of this dhun. Please download all three parts to access the dhun.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Come Alive - Vol. 2

Here is the second part of this concert. This concert is signified by the upbeat songs and the crowd participation in it. There are six ghazals in this volume. I will upload them in two back-to-back posts.

In this first post, Jagjitji's song "O Dhaai Din" is simply a riot. Here is this and other songs in this post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Ghazals from "Come Alive - Vol. 2"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this boisterous album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 11 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Arth (1982)

Mahesh Bhatt made several good movies before he decided to quit directing films. This movie, "Arth", came during his early career and it is one of the great ones. Bhatt wrote the story, co-wrote the screenplay, produced the film and directed it as well. Apparently it was based partly on his own life when he was involved with the late actress Parveen Babi. Smita Patil played Babi’s role in the film. But the movie belonged to Shabana Azmi all the way. She portrayed the wife of the director husband played by Kharbanda. One day she finds herself facing the truth that her husband loves someone else and she has no one else to look after her wellbeing except dig deep into herself to establish her own identity. Shabana was simply brilliant as the suffering wife who was willing to face her new life on her own terms.

The movie won several awards and rightfully so. Shabana won the Filmfare Award as the Best Actress. She also won the National Award as the Best Actress for her brilliant portrayal. Rohini Hattangadi, a BAFTA Award winner for her role in Sir Richard Attenborough’s “Gandhi (1982)”, won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award. Mahesh Bhatt won the Filmfare Award for the Best Screenplay.

The songs of this movie, composed by Chitra Singh and the late Jagjit Singh, are simply superb. The original soundtrack album has five songs but in the actual film, they used only three songs, all written by Kaifi Azmi Saab and all sung by Jagjitji. I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains songs from the original soundtrack album plus the title music from a DVD. The second post contains some specials.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 11 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Arth (1982)"...

I am including in this post two separate fuller versions of "Tere Khushboo" from this film and an instrumental of "Tum Itna". Here are these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 13 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Maa

This fine devotional album by Jagjitji has eight bhajans in it. I will upload them in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 13 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Bhajans from "Maa"...

Here are the rest of the bhajans from this beautiful devotional album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 17 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Live in Concert - Dar es Salaam - Vol. 1

1969 was a concert year for Jagjitji. He and Chitraji were in a live concert somewhere in India (Mumbai?) that resulted in the two albums I have uploaded earlier (“Come Alive in a Live Concert”). He also made a trip with Chitraji to Pakistan. That concert realized five albums. I have these albums and will upload them one at a time in a few weeks. Then, he toured (without Chitraji) to the city of Dar es Salaam in Nigeria. He made this trip with the Rainbow group out of Mumbai. The troupe also included the singers Taj Ahmed and Shankar Ganguly. The result of the trip was another two albums. These were released both as LPs and cassettes. I am not certain whether they were ever released in CDs. These two albums are almost rare and very difficult to find. I was fortunate to get hold of the cassettes. I am uploading ghazals from these two cassettes in two consecutive weeks, one this week and the other next week. Please be warned that the quality of these recordings is not to the mark even though the songs come out loud and clear.

I am uploading ghazals from the first volume in two back-to-back posts. The music for these ghazals is by their respective singers. Here are the ghazals in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

38 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:23 PM