Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome To Afghanistan

, In connection with The Khobi SHow

> Hamara Radio Rules

All DJs, RJs and Listeners should abide by the rules mentioned in HF Guidelines -> Guidelines for DJ/RJs and Guidelines for HF Radio Listeners - http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=boardrules

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To Afghanistan, In connection with The Khobi SHow
Afghan Music Info
Would u like to know
YES [ 12 ] ** [100.00%]
NO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
IDOL
post Sep 4 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

Hey Cuties,

Planning to present a special Afghan Music Program. This will include information on traditional instruments. biography of legends Meanwhile you'll have chance to listen to some old/new super singers.Just vote whether or not ur interested to listen to this show.

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Sep 4 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

Sweetie Pie, but we also need uploads and translations of the songs you play, as well as some additional info on each song.

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Sep 4 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

khobi jaan, good very good. smile.gif i am waiting for this program. i was about to tell u something
in yr "my voice, bolly/lollywood topic" that i would learn persian, listen to persian songs and see
the normal lives of afgani people in terms of photos ... let me request you here, can you do me
this favor ? i will be very much grateful to you. my requests are:

1. let me know briefly about afgani music, instru, persian songs ( which u have offered already )
2. if possible upload some photos showing the streets, markets, the cloths, traditional festivals,
the general public ... ( ohmy.gif very strange and funny rite ? but i want laugh.gif )
3. i may not listen to your program online, so heartly request -> save them and upload them here ...

thank you
nature

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 5 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Khobz do keep me notified!

N rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 5 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Sep 4 2006, 10:28 AM) *
Sweetie Pie, but we also need uploads and translations of the songs you play, as well as some additional info on each song.

oh sure, what would i do is that i will type the whole show here............and the translation of songs......in this way , u will understand what's gonna be happenin in the show..............

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 5 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(NATURE @ Sep 4 2006, 11:04 AM) *
khobi jaan, good very good. smile.gif i am waiting for this program. i was about to tell u something
in yr "my voice, bolly/lollywood topic" that i would learn persian, listen to persian songs and see
the normal lives of afgani people in terms of photos ... let me request you here, can you do me
this favor ? i will be very much grateful to you. my requests are:

1. let me know briefly about afgani music, instru, persian songs ( which u have offered already )
2. if possible upload some photos showing the streets, markets, the cloths, traditional festivals,
the general public ... ( ohmy.gif very strange and funny rite ? but i want laugh.gif )
3. i may not listen to your program online, so heartly request -> save them and upload them here ...

thank you
nature

yesss........i will upload some pics of Afghanistan ( even though war ruined most places, but they are rebuilding)..........i will try to find some.........and in program, i will tell u about music, instruments, etc.......and i will try to upload the whole show here, if u couldn't listen to .....okies , cheers love.gif

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 5 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Sep 4 2006, 09:20 PM) *
Kab kar rahi ho ninja.gif

haven't decided about date......perhaps in one or two weeks

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 5 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 4 2006, 09:43 PM) *
Khobz do keep me notified!

N rolleyes.gif

sweet nimzz.........how can i do this show with out my ONE and ONLY best cute nicest friend........ur gonna be the first.........dolhan wale hon , akhir laugh.gif

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Welcome to Afghanistan, History:

Amanullah Shah (June 1, 1892 - April 25, 1960) was the ruler of Afghanistan from 1919 to 1929. He led Afghanistan to independence from the United Kingdom, and his rule was marked by dramatic political and social change.

Amanullah Shah was the son of the King Habibullah Shah. When Habibullah was assassinated on February 20, 1919, Amanullah was already the governor of Kabul and was in control of the army and the treasury. He quickly seized power, imprisoned any relatives with competing claims to the Amirship, and gained the allegiance of most of the tribal leaders.

Russia had recently undergone its Communist revolution, leading to strained relations between the country and the United Kingdom. Amanullah Khan recognized the opportunity to use the situation to gain Afghani independence. He led a surprise attack against the British on May 3, 1919, beginning the third Anglo-Afghan war. After initial successes, the war quickly became a stalemate as the United Kingdom was still dealing with the costs of World War I. An armistice was reached in 1921, and Afghanistan became an independent nation.

Amanullah enjoyed quite a bit of early popularity within Afghanistan and he used his influence to modernize the country. Emulating Reza Shah of Iran, Amanullah created new cosmopolitan schools for both boys and girls in the region and overturned centuries-old traditions such a strict dress codes for women. He created a new capital city and increased trade with Europe and Asia. He also advanced a modernist constitution that incorporated equal rights and individual freedoms. Unfortunately, this rapid modernization created a backlash, just as it had for Reza Shah in Iran, and a reactionary uprising known as the Khost rebellion was suppressed in 1924.

At the time, Afghanistan's foreign policy was primarily concerned with the rivalry between the Soviet Union and the United Kingdom. Each attempted to gain the favor of Afghanistan and foil attempts by the other power to gain influence in the region. This effect was inconsistent, but generally favorable for Afghanistan; Amanullah was even able to establish a limited air force consisting of donated Soviet planes.

After Amanullah travelled to Europe in late 1927, opposition to his rule increased. An uprising in Jalalabad culminated in a march to the capital, and much of the army deserted rather than resist. In early 1929, Amanullah abdicated and went into temporary exile to India. From India the ex-king travelled to Europe and settled in Italy, and later to Switzerland.

Amanullah Shah died in Zurich, Switzerland in 1960. Very few of his many reforms were continued once he was no longer in power.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Colofon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanullah_Khan

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Kabul the capital

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Kabul the capital

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Jalalabad the province
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Jalalabad the province
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Kandahar the province/ old capital
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 8 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Afghanistan Old Pictures (1925) , Paghman the province/ old picnic place
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:54 PM