Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Chaan Kithan Gujari Ai Raat Wey

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chaan Kithan Gujari Ai Raat Wey
maheshks
post May 16 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1790

Can someone tell how many singers have sung this folksong? camera.gif

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Inaam
post May 17 2005, 02:42 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 187

I guess it is originaly sung by Attaullah Khan Niazi. I have a version of this song sung by Madam Noor Jehan for film 'Dulaari'.
+Quote Post
Pulkit
post May 17 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

I also have the Noor Jehan version, plus another one by Pushpa Chopra I guess which dates quite back.
+Quote Post
urzung khan
post May 18 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1470

QUOTE(maheshks @ May 16 2005, 09:00 PM)
Can someone tell how many singers have sung this folksong? :camera:

This Punjabi folk song has been sung by many singers.
I have heard these:

Miss Dulari
Usha Rani
Prof Dina Nath (of Dera Ismail Khan)
Pushpa Hans (chopDa)
Suriaya Multanikar
Surinder Kaur

+Quote Post
sbfan
post Jul 11 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1475

QUOTE(urzung khan @ May 18 2005, 06:32 AM)
QUOTE(maheshks @ May 16 2005, 09:00 PM)

This Punjabi folk song has been sung by many singers.
I have heard these:

Miss Dulari
Usha Rani
Prof Dina Nath (of Dera Ismail Khan)
Pushpa Hans (chopDa)
Suriaya Multanikar
Surinder Kaur

Hi

Do Pushpa hans and Pushpa chopra same personalities. the dd-punjabi/jalandhar doordarshan has the recording of this song in pushp hans's voice. last year i requested by e -mail to show this video in morning show .On tv they announced that i have written wrong name and it was sung by Pushpa hans.

regards
ashish

MERI NEENDON MEIN TUM
MERE KHWABON MEIN TUM

LONG LIVE SHAMSHAD BEGUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
maheshks
post Jul 11 2005, 02:13 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ashishji yes both are the same.

Kindly read this

Published in: The Daily Times
Date: May 9, 2004
In Delhi’s Lahore

Ishtiaq Ahmed

If there is any place that reminds me of Lahore, it is Delhi. One can hear Lahori Punjabi wherever one goes. I arrived in Delhi on March 6th this year from Stockholm, a day before the festival of Holi. A Pakistani trade delegation was in town. The actor Raj Babbar (his family hails from Jalalpur Jattan in the Pakistani Punjab) and other Indian celebrities were seen playing the perfect host to the Pakistanis. Lt-General (retd) Ali Quli Khan was heading the trade delegation. He spoke very persuasively in favour of India-Pakistan peace.

One day, during the rush hours, I was having lunch alone at the India International Centre at a 4-seat table. I heard a familiar voice ask me if he and his friends could sit at my table. When I turned round it was indeed Justice Nasim Hasan Shah, former chief justice of Pakistan. How could I deny myself such ‘just’ company!

Justice Shah was accompanied by Mrs Vimal Issar, formerly programme producer at the Indian state television, Doordarshan. It turned out that she was another fellow Lahori originally from Kucha Mela Ram inside the walled city, but her family moved to India in 1947. The third person with them was the very dynamic Dr Abhishek Singhvi spokesperson of the Indian National Congress. He had recently visited Lahore. Across the table some people overheard our references to Lahore and one of them, a Sikh gentleman, walked up to our table. He knew Singhvi and began to talk to us about Lahore. His family lived near Faridkot House on Mozang Road. Now Justice Nasim Hasan Shah belongs to Begum Road, I, to Temple Road and Sardarji was originally from Mozang Road, so we three suddenly formed a Mozang trio.

I expressed a desire to meet some people from Lahore who would be willing to narrate their experience about that city to me since I was collecting oral histories on 1947. Last year in April, I interviewed people in Pakistan on the events of 1947. Mrs Issar kindly offered her help and when we met later on March 14th, she recalled her own childhood in Kucha Mela Ram. Her story confirmed that the various communities lived peacefully until March 1947.

I told her that I read in the Pakistan Times of March 8th 1947 that the Hindus and Sikhs of Kucha Mela Ram had issued a statement the previous day in which they appreciated the generosity and goodwill of their Muslim neighbours and thanked them for ensuring that they lived in safety. The signatories to the statement urged Hindus and Sikhs elsewhere to treat Muslims in a like manner. We regretted that the tradition of Kucha Mela Ram could not prevail for long and the forces of evil took over on all sides.

March 31st was my last day in Delhi. I had spent a fortnight in East Punjab and now it was time to return to Stockholm. The plane left late in the night. I wanted to meet as many people as possible who could share with me memories of Lahore, so Mrs Vimal Issar took me along to meet some of them. Our first stop was at the residence of the renowned classical and folk-music singer, Madam Pushpa Hans. It was her mellifluous voice that, before partition, made the song ‘Chann kintha Guzari’ai Raat Wey?’ an eternal cultural dimension of Punjabi heritage. She recalled many fond memories, especially those associated with her house on Fane Road, Mozang.

We were joined a little later by her husband Colonel Hans Raj Chopra. He told us that during his posting in Kohat he and his wife had been presented a beautiful carpet by a young, tall officer, Ishaq. The description of Ishaq made me say spontaneously, ‘Do you mean Major Ishaq? A dark, handsome man who was originally from the Doaba, Jullandhar region, and fought in Burma during the Second World War?’ ‘Yes,’ exclaimed both Pushpa Hans and her husband. Colonel Chopra and Major Ishaq had seen action together in Burma. I could not believe my ears.
Suddenly I found myself becoming part of their narrative

We were referring to the late Major Ishaq, leader of the Mazdoor-Kissan Party (Workers and Peasants’ Party). Before leaving for Stockholm in 1973 I had been active in the Mazdoor-Kissan Party and whenever Major Sahib visited Rawalpindi he would stay with me where I taught at Gordon College during 1972-73. Major Ishaq had, along with Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Syed Sajjad Zaheer and others, been tried under the Pindi Conspiracy Case of 1951 and served a sentence. Pushpa Hans and Colonel Chopra had heard that Ishaq joined politics, but they had not remained in contact with him.

The next visit was to the family of the pre-partition Hindu Mahasabha leader of Lahore, Sir Gokal Chand Narang. I wanted to find out if Sir Gokal Chand had written anything about the fateful days of 1947. His daughter, Kamla Sethi, and granddaughter, Uma Vasudev, met me very courteously and I was presented a book written by him on religion with special focus on Hinduism. They promised to trace for me his speeches.

A small diversion from the Lahore connection was a visit to a Hindu family, the Goels, who were very close old friends of the family of Pakistani cricket captain Inzamam-ul-Haq. Mrs Pushpa Goel told me that during the last Pakistani tour of India, Inzamam had expressed a desire to visit his parents’ original home in Hansi, district Hissar, Haryana. This had not been allowed by the Indian government, but Mrs Goel’s son had contacted Inzamam at his hotel and met him. Back home, Inzamam told the story to his parents and his father immediately remembered Puspha Goel and her parents. They had saved their family during the riots. Mrs Goel was invited to visit Multan in 1999 to attend Inzamam’s wedding. She told me she was overwhelmed by the hospitality she received.

As I boarded the plane for Stockholm, I felt that my faith in India-Pakistan peace, friendship and solidarity was not mere wishful thinking. It was possible and we have to keep on trying.

The author is an associate professor of Political Science at Stockholm University. He is the author of two books.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Her address
Pushpa Hans
1.13, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
maheshks
post Jul 11 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

She also played the lead role in V.Shantaram's movie "APNA DESH"

She was from a generation of punjabi girls who had beautiful faces as well as voices.

Her old photograph

Attached Image

+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jul 11 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

QUOTE(maheshks @ May 16 2005, 10:30 PM)

how is the version sung by harbhajan mann different from this one???/

i think harbhajan mann waala was like this "

"channa kidda gujaari ae raat ve"

Agey menu nehi aunda tongue.gif tongue.gif

is it kithy or kidda...........mai pata nehi kithy gaana rakhya hoya hai i have to serach it...!!

bhool gaya lyrics.............. sad1.gif

some body plz post the lyrics also........... smile1.gif

sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
sbfan
post Jul 11 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Mahesh ji for clearing my doubt.
i am sorry on dd-jalandhar she sung sari raat teri takni a rah. very fresh voice even today .oops i forgot earlier.both are from same movie chaman
warm regards

ashish

MERI NEENDON MEIN TUM
MERE KHWABON MEIN TUM

LONG LIVE SHAMSHAD BEGUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
brgarg
post Jul 11 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1997

QUOTE(maheshks @ Jul 11 2005, 02:20 AM)
She also played the lead role in V.Shantaram's movie "APNA DESH"

She was from a generation of punjabi girls who had beautiful faces as well as voices.

Her old photograph

Attached Image

Dear Maheshji,
Pushpa Hans(Chopra) has also acted in two other hindi films "Kaale Badal" & "Sheesh Mahal". I was associated in the production of doordarshan programme referred to by Ashish. The photograph of Chaman film was provided by me to DD. the programme was produced by Sharad Dutt.

brgarg
+Quote Post
sbfan
post Jul 12 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 11 2005, 11:06 PM)
Dear Maheshji,
Pushpa Hans(Chopra) has also acted in two other hindi films "Kaale Badal" & "Sheesh Mahal". I was associated in the production of doordarshan programme referred to by Ashish. The photograph of Chaman film was provided by me to DD. the programme was produced by Sharad Dutt.

brgarg

Hi garg ji.
That's very good we have a person associated with the music program production with us. if you are associated with other DD-Jalandhar programs can you tell whether they have malika pukhraj's song abhi to main jawan hoon. i remember she visited india 1983 and her two songs recorded with tahira sayeed are played on dd.

2.You may be knowing i am not sure on DD metro interview of shamshad begum appeared (uploaded in this forum )hosted by poonam dhillon ,she looked in 70's of her age
can you tell whether it was from gatta gaye banjara or an exclusive interview,

DD has very rare archives also dd jalandhar were too good enough to fulfil my request within two days of my e-mail

sir,i am sorry if i have asked more,actually i cannot stop after reading you are from the production of Pushpa ji's program.

regards
Ashish

MERI NEENDON MEIN TUM
MERE KHWABON MEIN TUM

LONG LIVE SHAMSHAD BEGUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
brgarg
post Jul 12 2005, 10:19 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 1997

QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jul 12 2005, 01:10 AM)
QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 11 2005, 11:06 PM)
Dear Maheshji,

brgarg

Hi garg ji.
That's very good we have a person associated with the music program production with us. if you are associated with other DD-Jalandhar programs can you tell whether they have malika pukhraj's song abhi to main jawan hoon. i remember she visited india 1983 and her two songs recorded with tahira sayeed are played on dd.

2.You may be knowing i am not sure on DD metro interview of shamshad begum appeared (uploaded in this forum )hosted by poonam dhillon ,she looked in 70's of her age
can you tell whether it was from gatta gaye banjara or an exclusive interview,

DD has very rare archives also dd jalandhar were too good enough to fulfil my request within two days of my e-mail

sir,i am sorry if i have asked more,actually i cannot stop after reading you are from the production of Pushpa ji's program.

regards
Ashish

Dear Ashish,
Thx for your response. I was associated with some programmes of Delhi DD as freelancer in the 1990's and these days I am posted at RBI Lucknow. Sorry, I shall not be able to help you in the matter as you know the Govt. departments work in a routine manner without any regard to the sentiments of the viewers. No doubt DD Dehli as well as Jalandhar have recorded many music personalities but things do't move out of their archives so easily. So let us hope good sense prevails on them and they fulfill the aspirations of the viewers.

with regards

brgarg
+Quote Post
Shahid Hussain
post Jan 20 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 26871

Good News For The Punjabi Songs Lovers And Rafi Fans!
The World`s First Ever Book On Muhammad Rafiji`S Punjabi Songs Is Under Publication Which Will Cover All The Punjabi Songs Sung By Muhammad Rafi For Punjabi Films Or Non-Films. Bhajans, Ashloks And All Other Devotional Songs Are Included.The Detail Will Soon Be Posted.

Regards
Shahid Hussain
singer.rafi@gmail.com
Visit Muhammad Rafi Group
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:33 AM