Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Akhtari Faizabadi (begum Akhtar) In Roti 1942

> Akhtari Faizabadi (begum Akhtar) In Roti 1942
sgbhagwat
post Aug 19 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6429

Dear Friends

I am honoured to upload the rare gems by Akhtari Bai from the film Roti which was released in 1942. This was four years before I was born.

The story goes this way. Akhtari Bai Faizabadi, as Begum Akhtar was then known was approached by the famous producer-director Mehboob Khan in Lucknow,to act in ROTI. The music of this movie was composed by maestro Anil Biswas. ROTI contained six of her songs/ghazals but unfortunately due to some trouble between producer and director, Mehboob Khan subsequently deleted 3-4 ghazals from the film. All the ghazals are available on Megaphone gramophone records.

1 Phir fasle bahaar aayi dile deewana - Safdar Shah Sitapuri
2 Rahne laga hai dil mein andhera tere bagair - Behzaad Lucknowi
3 Ulajh Gaye Nainwa - arazu Lucknowi
4 Woh hans rahe hain aah kiye jaa raha hoon- arazu Lucknowi
5 Aye Prem Teri Balihari Ho - - Safdar Shah Sitapuri
6 Char dinon ki jawani - Safdar Shah Sitapuri

I have been able to get hold of these from various sources and am uploading them for the benefit of lovers of Anil Biswas's compositions. The recordings have the unmistakable 78 rpm. scratch in the background. I tried removing it as much as I could and these results are the best I could do.

Those who know Begum Akhtar in the recent years will be surprised to hear her sing songs like Char Dinon Ki Jawani and Ulajh Gaye Nainwa. Buth the other four pieces reveal the real artiste Begum Akhtar is.

Does any one know which of these songs were deleted from the movie ?

SGBhagwat

When life does not find a singer to sing her heart, she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.
... Kahlil Gibran
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:46 AM