Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anokha Pyaar

, Three versions of "Yaad Rakhna Chand Taro"

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anokha Pyaar, Three versions of "Yaad Rakhna Chand Taro"
SKG
post Dec 7 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3408

Hi,

I found three versions of the song "Yaad Rakhna Chand Taro" on IndianScreen. They are (i) Lata Mangeshkar solo, (ii) Meena Kapoor solo & (iii) Mukesh-Lata duet. These songs are far from CD quality but still better than nothing!

Which one do you find the best?

Regards,
SKG.

===============================================

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

===============================================

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Jan 26 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4122

QUOTE(skg @ Dec 7 2005, 10:17 PM) *

Hi,

I found three versions of the song "Yaad Rakhna Chand Taro" on IndianScreen. They are (i) Lata Mangeshkar solo, (ii) Meena Kapoor solo & (iii) Mukesh-Lata duet. These songs are far from CD quality but still better than nothing!

The solo & duet versions of the songs is OK because on those days many songs appear in tandems-happy mood & sad mood, hero singing & heroin singing. But one typical thing about this movie is, the duets & female solos. The female singer on records is Lata and one female duet by Lata + Meena Kapoor. While edtiting the sound track in the film, Lata was not available so they were sung by Meena Kapoor. But as Meena fell ill in between they were sung by Ira Nagarth who had a very similar voice. Because of all this we have different versions of the songs--especially the female versions. The recording quality differs from version to version, also take into consideration, the movie was made in 1948!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
keshav
post Jan 26 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Dear Balaji

May I take the liberty of making some corrections. In those days, songs for the film were rerecorded for release on the records. In the film, Lataji's voice was used for Nalini Jaywant and Meena Kapoor's voice for Nargis. All the songs in the film appear in these two rspective voices. However when re recording was to be done, Meena Kapoor was ill and therefore all the songs were recorded and released in Lata's voice which gained immense popularity while Meena Kapoor's versions were lost in obscurity. The only Lata-Meena Kapoor duet was recorded as Lata-Ira Nagrath duet (wife of MD Roshan) for record release. HMV a few years ago released all these versions as a CD except the Meena Kapoor version of Yaad rakhana chand taaron and Ira Nagrath-Lata duet (though the CD cover ascribes the Lata Meena duet as that of Ira Nagrath). I recently posted the Meena Kapoor version of Yaad rakhana from my collection on another forum.

All the songs of this film are available in fairy good audio quality as well.

Regards.

Keshav
QUOTE(balajigade @ Jan 26 2006, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(skg @ Dec 7 2005, 10:17 PM) *

Hi,

The solo & duet versions of the songs is OK because on those days many songs appear in tandems-happy mood & sad mood, hero singing & heroin singing. But one typical thing about this movie is, the duets & female solos. The female singer on records is Lata and one female duet by Lata + Meena Kapoor. While edtiting the sound track in the film, Lata was not available so they were sung by Meena Kapoor. But as Meena fell ill in between they were sung by Ira Nagarth who had a very similar voice. Because of all this we have different versions of the songs--especially the female versions. The recording quality differs from version to version, also take into consideration, the movie was made in 1948!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:11 PM