Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Chinese

, any experience

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chinese, any experience
myawan
post Feb 10 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 57

Somebody here who understands chinese?

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
azad
post Feb 11 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 11 2007, 01:12 AM) *
Somebody here who understands chinese?
Awan sahab, I have my own theory on this subject.....If you are not born in China, you maybe able to understand the language to some extent but it is impossible to speak it. smile.gif

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
myawan
post Feb 11 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Azad sahab, infact I am much eager to learn this language.....lekin aap mere jazbe ko peda hone se pehle hi maarna chahte hain, laugh.gif
Is you theory verified by someone else as well??? or is it just a local and personal theory?

+Quote Post
azad
post Feb 11 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 11 2007, 07:54 PM) *
Azad sahab, infact I am much eager to learn this language.....lekin aap mere jazbe ko peda hone se pehle hi maarna chahte hain, laugh.gif
Is you theory verified by someone else as well??? or is it just a local and personal theory?
Main mazaaq kar raha tha Awan bhai. It is only my personal feeling, don't take it too seriously biggrin.gif . I have been living here in China for more than 4 years now and have only managed to pick up bits and pieces of the language (survival version), I guess I never tried hard enough. Although there are some foreigners here who can communicate every well in the local language and I am sure you will too.

I have lived and worked in other Asian countries including Japan and I could speak Japanese within two years of being there. So comparatively Chinese is a difficult language beacuse of the 4 tones they use which makes every word have 4 different meanings depending on how you say it (base. midtone1, midtone2 or treble). A simple word like "Ma" can mean mother or horse etc .......... and that made me lose all hope of learning the language.

Good luck with your mission.

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
myawan
post Feb 11 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

O thats great to hear that you've been living there in China for 4 years, here in Lahore its tough to get a course on Chinese. Would you please help me in this regard, atleast suggest me a basic learning book (qayeda)? smile1.gif

+Quote Post
puneetadaniya
post Feb 15 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 770

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 11 2007, 10:11 PM) *

O thats great to hear that you've been living there in China for 4 years, here in Lahore its tough to get a course on Chinese. Would you please help me in this regard, atleast suggest me a basic learning book (qayeda)? smile1.gif

Dear Azad,

I work with Reliance in mUmbai.I would be traveling to CHINA ( my first visit) on a Business Visit.

Would appreciate, if I could be in touch with you to get my Itenery done well.

Trust you in china would be busy with the chinese new year ahead of you.

Cheers!!!
Puneet
+Quote Post
azad
post Feb 15 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 12 2007, 12:41 AM) *
Sorry for the late reply, was a little busy.
What extent do you want to go to with the language, conversation level or literature as well. I would suggest you start learning by actually hearing and not by reading Ping Ying (Chinese words written in English are called Ping Ying). You can get huge surprises with words like "Qing" which is not pronounced as King but as Ching. I actually have mp3's of basic chinese lessons and could send them to you. PM me your external email address if you want them.

Azad

+Quote Post
azad
post Feb 15 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(puneetadaniya @ Feb 15 2007, 07:11 PM) *
QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 11 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Dear Azad,

I work with Reliance in mUmbai.I would be traveling to CHINA ( my first visit) on a Business Visit.

Cheers!!!
Puneet
Hi Puneet, I sometimes wonder why they have the Chinese New Years at all, it is absolutely chaotic and the whole country is just a rush rush rush. On the contrary, it is straight 7 days holidays starting Sunday.
Just send me a pm and I will help you in whichever way I can.

Azad

+Quote Post
puneetadaniya
post Feb 20 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 770

QUOTE(azad @ Feb 15 2007, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(puneetadaniya @ Feb 15 2007, 07:11 PM) *
QUOTE(myawan' On

puneet.adaniya@ril.com

post='339620 @ Feb 11 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Dear Azad,

Cheers!!!
Puneet
Hi Puneet, I sometimes wonder why they have the Chinese New Years at all, it is absolutely chaotic and the whole country is just a rush rush rush. On the contrary, it is straight 7 days holidays starting Sunday.
Just send me a pm and I will help you in whichever way I can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM