Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rolling Back The Years With Lata Mangeshkar

, 5 melodious decades (1948 - 1998)

> Rolling Back The Years With Lata Mangeshkar, 5 melodious decades (1948 - 1998)
unni
post Apr 8 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

I had over 2500 songs of Lata-ji on the hard-drive that crashed, though I would've heard only half of them! Fortunately, I had copied them on CDs and given them to my brother in India --- so they were not permanently lost.

But while trying to restore on computer my collection of Lata-ji's songs, I chose just those songs that I like most. As of now, I have put together close to 275 selected songs from 1948 to 1998, and tagged them with year/film name/music director. Most of them are popular, easy-to-find songs, and there are just a handful of rare ones. They are taken from film discs, CDs, audio-tapes, vinyls and HF uploads. I've checked each track for sound-quality, sound-edited them as required, and adjusted the volume to the 'default' of GoldWave.

Please let me know if it is of interest to you, whether you'd like me to upload them, in case you'd also like to build up a collection, in chronological order, of many of Lata-ji's finest songs through the years (upto 1987 only, due to forum rules).

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
36 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 14)
sri
post Apr 8 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

unni - of course...we'll be interested ! what a question ?

How many rare ones - as per your list ? You could start with them ...in any order...maybe chronologically, if possible ...otherwise alphabetically...which should be easier

sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
august
post Apr 8 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3396

that is very nice of you Unni ji!
these days i am also cataloging all my songs.

its rather boring job but if one has to have so many songs, some system is required. smile.gif

"Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow."
- Elbert Hubbard
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 8 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Apr 8 2006, 07:34 AM) *
unni - of course...we'll be interested ! what a question ?

How many rare ones - as per your list ? You could start with them ...in any order...maybe chronologically, if possible ...otherwise alphabetically...which should be easier

sri

Sri,

I have them filed chronologically, since the idea was to create a collection of her songs through the years, sort of a musical record of the progression of her glorious singing career. And I chose songs that appealed to me, not just because they are rare.

Even the rarer ones may not be 'rare' for HF members, songs such as "Bazuband Khul Khul Jaaye", "Dar Dar Ki Thokrein Hain", "Pyar Ki Yeh Talkhiyan", "Subah Ka Intezaar", "Abhi Tau Mein Jawaan Hoon", "Chali Ja Chali Ja", "Do Din Ke Liye Mehmaan Yahaan", "Preetam Meri Duniya Mein", "Duniya Hamarey Pyar Ki", "Chalta Rahein Yeh Karvaan", "Rotey Rotey Guzar Gayi", "Hamaare Baad Ab Mehfil Mein", "Kajrey Badarwa Re", etc.

If we commence this thread, it would be beneficial to all of us if members would contribute to it with additional songs for the respective years, and also provide better-sound-quality tracks than the ones I upload.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
sri
post Apr 8 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2760

Some preliminary ideas :

1. Only good songs should be considered ......not something for collectors to tick on their checklists.
We can live with your choice here biggrin.gif

2. Maybe we could start with an initial list from your side...and then populate it further as we go along, based on suggested additions which are PMed to you / suggested on the thread. But adding to the list should be done only by you

3. We should look for two sources at least - one from audio CD and one from the soundtrack (DVD/VCD)..and in case these are not upto the mark. then other sources - e.g., from gramophone record. Then TV. Last radio.

4. Once you indicate what you have...the gaps can be identified...and others can be asked to contribute the missing ones, provided they are absolutely sure of the source of the recording

5. Start with a manageable list ....say one particular year. Close this before moving on to the next year.

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 8 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Apr 8 2006, 08:04 AM) *
Some preliminary ideas :

1. Only good songs should be considered ......not something for collectors to tick on their checklists. We can live with your choice here biggrin.gif

Agree with you. But members may come up with suggestions/uploads of songs for the particular year. There are bound to be lots of lovely songs I would not have included.

2. Maybe we could start with an initial list from your side...and then populate it further as we go along, based on suggested additions which are PMed to you / suggested on the thread. But adding to the list should be done only by you.

Sure, we can start with my choices. But, to my thinking, no harm if members add with their suggestions/uploads. After all, my choices are not comprehensive and may not even be to everyone's liking, and members may suggest/add/prefer other songs in that year.

3. We should look for two sources at least - one from audio CD and one from the soundtrack (DVD/VCD)..and in case these are not upto the mark. then other sources - e.g., from gramophone record. Then TV. Last radio.

Totally agree with you. If a better-quality track is available, members' uploads would be greatly appreciated.

4. Once you indicate what you have...the gaps can be identified...and others can be asked to contribute the missing ones, provided they are absolutely sure of the source of the recording.

Lata-ji has sung so many thousands of songs. There would be tons of good songs missing. Let's count on members to remind and mention/upload tracks they feel deserve to be included.

5. Start with a manageable list ....say one particular year. Close this before moving on to the next year.

I could start with 1948, and members can suggest/provide additional songs for that year. Even if they suggest/provide them later, no problem. Hopefully they'll be tagged with year first, so that they get filed year-wise/alphabetically.

Sri

+Quote Post
sani_thakur
post Apr 9 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(unni @ Apr 8 2006, 07:40 AM) *

Even the rarer ones may not be 'rare' for HF members, songs such as "Bazuband Khul Khul Jaaye", "Dar Dar Ki Thokrein Hain", "Pyar Ki Yeh Talkhiyan", "Subah Ka Intezaar", "Abhi Tau Mein Jawaan Hoon", "Chali Ja Chali Ja", "Do Din Ke Liye Mehmaan Yahaan", "Preetam Meri Duniya Mein", "Duniya Hamarey Pyar Ki", "Chalta Rahein Yeh Karvaan", "Rotey Rotey Guzar Gayi", "Hamaare Baad Ab Mehfil Mein", "Kajrey Badarwa Re", etc.

U-ji -- this reminds me --- the song "Dar Dar Ke Thokrein" is not there in any of the CDs I got from CMC sad1.gif

This is a nice idea by the way.

- Music Has No Language -
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Apr 9 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Watching this thread, will contribute as best I can... whatever the two maharathis decide I'll go along with it. I have one request though, since while cataloguing my songs I find so many files for one song, which I am loath to delete summarily because I have found more than one version of the same song inadvertently. Can we keep this in mind too while deciding the modus operandi (I really really don't want to download several other copies of a similar file and back them up and...) sigh.gif

Sani - look for Dar dar ki thokarein in Shuklas ji's thread... it's been uploaded recently.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 9 2006, 06:43 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Apr 8 2006, 05:54 PM) *
Watching this thread, will contribute as best I can... whatever the two maharathis decide I'll go along with it. I have one request though, since while cataloguing my songs I find so many files for one song, which I am loath to delete summarily because I have found more than one version of the same song inadvertently. Can we keep this in mind too while decideing the modus operandi (I really really don't want to download several other copies of a similar file and back them up and...) sigh.gif

Often I download songs I know I already have, and in the process obtained better tracks. Then I delete the inferior one/s. But unless I download and listen and compare the tracks, most likely I wouldn't notice the difference!

I'm positive a Lata fan such as yourself would have most, perhaps all, of the songs in my compilation. As I'd mentioned, few of them are rare and even they may not be rare for ardent fans.

The songs in my chronological collection are listed in the attachments:

Attached File  Doc1.doc ( 118.5 k ) Number of hits: 170 by members

Attached File  Doc2.doc ( 118 k ) Number of hits: 62 by members

Attached File  Doc3.doc ( 119 k ) Number of hits: 57 by members

Attached File  Doc4.doc ( 119 k ) Number of hits: 55 by members

Attached File  Doc5.doc ( 94 k ) Number of hits: 61 by members

+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Apr 9 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Thanks a lot Unn-ji for initiating this lovely thread and compiling the list of songs of Lata Ji in chronological order. Will contribute.

Mohd.
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 9 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Rolling Back The Years - With Lata Mangeshkar
Five Melodious Decades (1948 - 1998)

Attached Image

+Quote Post
shuklas
post Apr 9 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Dears :

Absolutely precious thread. Thanks.

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 9 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I'd like to thank all those who encouraged me to commence this thread, and for your kind offers to contribute.

+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 9 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 9 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

+Quote Post

36 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 PM