Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need Help

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Help
Erum Hashmi
post Feb 15 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

For the last month or so, I got a metre strip on the screen just like watermark! It shows some percentage from 0% to 100%. Sometimes, in weeks, as the percentage increases, the screen goes black and revives only after 4-5 hours! Re-starting the computer doesn't help either!!!! It remains black!

This time when this happened, I waited for two hours, then I push the + button from the + and - buttons on the front of monitor (I think they are meant for controlling visibility of the screen! unsure.gif ) AND the screen came back to normal!!!

Can someone tell me, what is this watermark unsure.gif and how can I get rid of it?

I tried to take its picture by clicking on "print screen" but it didn't show on the captured image!!!! ohmy.gif

I tried to draw the picture, though its not the exact replica of the actual image that appears, but it can help you understand and recognize what it looks like....I'm uploading it:

Attached Image

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sbiswas2005
post Feb 16 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5023

Dear Erumji,

I am not very much sure....but 90% chance of your Monitor prob..There are two suggestions from my side.
  1. Press the menu button of your monitor. You will see one degauss option in the menu like the image I have attched here. Just press the < > buttons to select it and press the select button once.

Attached Image

2. If this doesn't solve your prob then you can do another experiment ....When you will see that the percentage scale is appearing on your screen.. Just replace the monitor with another one (don't shut down the computer) if possible. If still it shows the same prob then it may be any virus...Otherwise it is entirely a monitor prob.

Subir

"Us din khuda ne bhi jashn manaya hoga, jis din foorsat se tumko banaya hoga
Aakhon se uske bhi nikle honge aansu, jab tumko yahan bhejke khud ko akela paya hoga"
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Feb 16 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Feb 16 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Dear Erumji,

I am not very much sure....but 90% chance of your Monitor prob..There are two suggestions from my side.
  1. Press the menu button of your monitor. You will see one degauss option in the menu like the image I have attched here. Just press the < > buttons to select it and press the select button once.

Attached Image
  2. If this doesn't solve your prob then you can do another experiment ....When you will see that the percentage scale is appearing on your screen.. Just replace the monitor with another one (don't shut down the computer) if possible. If still it shows the same prob then it may be any virus...Otherwise it is entirely a monitor prob.
Subir

Thanks, Subir! 'll try it! smile.gif

I tried it and the screen got a shivering effect then it became normal.....now, waiting if the strip appears again or not.... unsure.gif 'll let you know smile.gif

This post has been edited by Erum Hashmi: Feb 16 2009, 01:16 PM

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him

+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Feb 16 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Feb 16 2009, 01:11 PM) *
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Feb 16 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Dear Erumji,

Attached Image
Subir

Thanks, Subir! 'll try it! smile.gif

I tried it and the screen got a shivering effect then it became normal.....now, waiting if the strip appears again or not.... unsure.gif 'll let you know smile.gif

The strip appeared again sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif and I've no spare monitor to experiment the second step sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
sbiswas2005
post Feb 16 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5023

Pls collect a spare monitor from any of your friends for five minutes and do the 2nd experiment. Because before formatting your HD it is mandatory. Otherwise you will not be able to understand whether it is a CPU or Monitor prob. wacko.gif

Subir

"Us din khuda ne bhi jashn manaya hoga, jis din foorsat se tumko banaya hoga
Aakhon se uske bhi nikle honge aansu, jab tumko yahan bhejke khud ko akela paya hoga"
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Feb 16 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Feb 16 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Pls collect a spare monitor from any of your friends for five minutes and do the 2nd experiment. Because before formatting your HD it is mandatory. Otherwise you will not be able to understand whether it is a CPU or Monitor prob. wacko.gif

Subir

OK!

+Quote Post
Devje
post Feb 16 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 15463

If I have understood biggrin.gif

this meter is the contrast meter .....
the question is "why it break down at one go ? "

Logically : one composant electronic which is failing .... Weld ? Condenser ?

I don't think that is one virus ,because I never heard that ...

Devji
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Feb 16 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Devje @ Feb 16 2009, 09:23 PM) *
If I have understood biggrin.gif

this meter is the contrast meter .....
the question is "why it break down at one go ? "

Logically : one composant electronic which is failing .... Weld ? Condenser ?

I don't think that is one virus ,because I never heard that ...

You're right, Devji....it don't seems to be a virus as it vanishes as soon as I press menu on monitor!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:24 AM