Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

File uploads disabled

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> File uploads disabled
Nimii
post Aug 23 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

But Bawra they sustain on the traffic that is generated on HF. How long can we keep expecting donations from some good samaritans?

I know how many times Pradeep had attempted to close down and it was me who used to nag and make him hang on for some more time, hoping against hope that things would resolve and we wont have to rake our pockets or others for running the sites (all hosted on one server). Things are relatively better now and Hf has really helped in keeping up with the server and the bandwidth usage.

N sad1.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Aug 24 2004, 06:50 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE (Nimii @ Aug 22 2004, 10:58 PM)
But Bawra they sustain on the traffic that is generated on HF. How long can we keep expecting donations from some good samaritans?

I know how many times Pradeep had attempted to close down and it was me who used to nag and make him hang on for some more time, hoping against hope that things would resolve and we wont have to rake our pockets or others for running the sites (all hosted on one server). Things are relatively better now and Hf has really helped in keeping up with the server and the bandwidth usage.

N sad1.gif

I don't agree , let me give my example. I was regular visitor of Yodeelo , mohd rafi and asha bhosle websites and from those sites somewhere I had seen a link on HF. MY first impression of HF was of some song sharing site like mp3lizard or coolgoose and never bother to keep visiting frequently. Later on was seeking for some information and came across some valuable information from one of the HF post. Than , I started visiting frequently and eventually one day created the ID and than you have seen me how excited I am about this site now party2.gif

So according to me , it was those site who brought me to HF and not the other way around as you thinking of.

More later in your PM box. wink2.gif

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 24 2004, 06:59 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

My experience was identical to BJ's. Here's an extract from a message I posted on July 11. I have now underlined what is topical:

At some point of time during the last few years, in a moment of boredom I typed into the Google search-bar the names of some of the most famous of HFM artistes. Just to see if these search-engines were as far-reaching as they were touted to be. That’s how I came across a couple of sites devoted to the legends. Later I discovered “mohdrafi.com”. I don’t exactly remember when I noticed the “Hamara Forums” listing. But one day last March I clicked on the link and, lo & behold, here was this assembly of lunatics --- just my own type! That’s when I decided to enter Hamara Asylum.

I had accessed "mohdrafi.com" innumerable times before I came across HF.

HFM fans surf the net by the names of the legends. They are not particularly seeking HF but happen to stumble upon it.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Aug 24 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (unni @ Aug 23 2004, 06:29 PM)
HFM fans surf the net by the names of the legends. They are not particularly seeking HF but happen to stumble upon it.

Actually, you know, this is true regardless of what kind of site it is. You get to sites you never imagine you would go to from search engines. I have discovered many sites like this.

Old members joined this place because this replaces the yahoo groups now. So I guess there we have the difference in perspectives.
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 24 2004, 08:20 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE (Nimii @ Aug 22 2004, 10:58 PM)
How long can we keep expecting donations from some good samaritans?

I know how many times Pradeep had attempted to close down and it was me who used to nag and make him hang on for some more time, hoping against hope that things would resolve and we wont have to rake our pockets or others for running the sites (all hosted on one server).

IMHO, nobody should consider themselves as being "good samaritans". We are here because we enjoy being here. We benefit from being here. In terms of song recordings provided by the goodwill of our participating members, information that our members willingly share, discussions that give cause for thought. The subjects/topics have expanded beyond just music. The COMPUTING/TECHNOLOGY forum by itself is worth its worth in gold, thanks to our contributing members.

That being the case, is it not just fair and reasonable and appropriate that we should all support to maintain this site which we value so dearly? Considering the very reasonable contributions that members are 'requested' or 'suggested' to make, I hope my fellow-members would agree that no great sacrifice is involved in financial terms.

I am of the belief that our valued membership is well aware that nothing comes free. To be able to continue to participate, to contribute and receive in turn, we all have to pitch in and support the forum.

Without members there is no forum. Without membership support there can be no forum.

So, please, dear fellow-members reach into your hearts as well as your wallets! poseur.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 24 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I give up.. sad1.gif

mebbe I shld keep quiet and let things continue the way they are...

upload download.. aur kuchh nahi :X

N :X
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Aug 24 2004, 09:06 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE (Nimii @ Aug 23 2004, 11:03 PM)
I give up.. sad1.gif

mebbe I shld keep quiet and let things continue the way they are...

upload download.. aur kuchh nahi :X

N :X

Ahaaa too late now to back off wink2.gif come on .. we need your feedback too tongue.gif

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 24 2004, 11:21 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Lets this go the way it is. Soon I will be upgrading to IPB2 smile1.gif more functions to learn and work upon smile1.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 24 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Aug 24 2004, 01:20 AM)
MY first impression of HF was of some song sharing site like mp3lizard or coolgoose and never bother to keep visiting frequently.

Thatz exactly what I am scared off. HF is not song sharing site. HF is a discussion board with file support. smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 24 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (unni @ Aug 24 2004, 01:29 AM)
My experience was identical to BJ's. Here's an extract from a message I posted on July 11. I have now underlined what is topical:

At some point of time during the last few years, in a moment of boredom I typed into the Google search-bar the names of some of the most famous of HFM artistes. Just to see if these search-engines were as far-reaching as they were touted to be. That?s how I came across a couple of sites devoted to the legends. Later I discovered ?mohdrafi.com?. I don?t exactly remember when I noticed the ?Hamara Forums? listing. But one day last March I clicked on the link and, lo & behold, here was this assembly of lunatics --- just my own type! That?s when I decided to enter Hamara Asylum.

I had accessed "mohdrafi.com" innumerable times before I came across HF.

Abhi bhi HF has a low PR at google. It will not appear in google search until and unless someone keys in the words of the domain itself. While yoodleeyoo and mohdrafi.com has been online from 2000.. google recognizes these sites. So the popularity index of HF is only bcoz of yoodleeyoo and mohdrafi.com. However the hit rate for HF is very very high compared to other sites bcoz HF is interactive. And thanks to HF and our bighearted members who are regularly donating, I am able to breakeven the dedicated server expense.

smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 24 2004, 02:47 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

nimii goes into the shell and hibernates.. (quietly staring at the u/l and d/ls )

N :|
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 24 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

me sings Soja Raajkumari Sojaa tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:11 AM