Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kuchh Gaane Jinki Shaam Nahin

, Sattar Ke Sadabahaar Nagmein-The Golden Decade of 70s

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
128 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kuchh Gaane Jinki Shaam Nahin, Sattar Ke Sadabahaar Nagmein-The Golden Decade of 70s
rahuljalan73
post May 14 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10462

QUOTE(eskayes @ May 14 2007, 02:59 PM) *

We have been through the list of songs of Guru from decades of 50s and 60s one by one....Here, i take up the next decade....The decade of 70s...the golden decade for Guru...the decade when he ruled the Hindi Film Music like no one before...from once that he rose like a phoenix towards late 60s, he never looked back...only to leave stamps of his singing genius on Indian Film scenario that fails to wither even to this day...

His songs of 70s are truly "Evergreen" and continue to be extremely popular even today...that's why the name of the thread "Kuchh Gaane Jinki Shaam Nahin"....through this thread, my attempt will be to go through each song of this decade one by one and relive the magic of those timeless pieces of brilliance....One significant thing you would notice is that, in this decade, Guru had a disproportionate number of Solos vis-a-vis duets as in other decades...

Before i start, i must put on record my sincere appreciation of HumTum and Nimii, who have helped me in very very big way with the data of 70s....more about them in my next post in this very thread...

Here is the master list of 70s' songs which will be updated from time to time as we discuss...I will take about 20-30 songs each time....Please come and join and put in your requests if you need any of these songs....I am sure, our ever so keen members of the forum will extend a helping hand as usual...

List updated as on May 14, 2007

# 1 ---- Aan Milo Sajna ---- Achcha To Hum Chalte Hai ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 2 ---- Aan Milo Sajna ---- Yahan Wahan Saare Jahan Mein Tera ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 3 ---- Aansoo Aur Muskaan ---- Guni Jano Re Bhakth Jano ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 4 ---- Abhinetri ---- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal
# 5 ---- Bachhpan ---- Arre Muniya Re Muniya Yeh Bata ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 6 ---- Darpan ---- Are Jal Gayi Jal Gayi Duniya Jal Gayi ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 7 ---- Darpan ---- Bujha Do Deepak Andhera Kar Do ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 8 ---- Deedaar ---- Jee Bharke Dekh Loon ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Usha Khanna
# 9 ---- Deedaar ---- Peene Se Pilane Se ---- 1970 ---- with Usha Khanna ---- Usha Khanna
# 10 ---- Ehsaan ---- Aaja Tujhe Pyar Kar Loo O Jaanejaana ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 11 ---- Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani ---- Sama Hai Suhana Suhana ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 12 ---- Hamara Adhikar ---- Bum Pam Bum Pam…Aankhen Mila Gori ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Chitragupt
# 13 ---- Holi Aayi Re ---- O Haseeno Tumne Sadiyon Meri Lottery ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 14 ---- Humjoli ---- Chal Shuru Ho Ja - one two ---- 1970 ---- with Rafi ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal
# 15 ---- Humjoli ---- Hari Om Hari Om..Yeh Kaisa Aaya Zamana ---- 1970 ---- with Mukesh/Mehmood ---- LP
# 16 ---- Jawaab ---- Aaja Meri Jaan Yehi Hai June Ka Mahina ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- LP
# 17 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- Nafrat Karne Waalon Ke Seene Mein ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 18 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- O Meri Raja..Wada To Nibhaya ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 19 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- Pal Bharke Liye Koi Hamein ---- 1970 ---- with Usha Mangeshkar ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 20 ---- Kati Patang ---- He Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hain ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 21 ---- Kati Patang ---- O Babua Holi Hai...Aaj Na Chhorenge ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 22 ---- Kati Patang ---- Pyar Diwana Hota Hain ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 23 ---- Kati Patang ---- Yeh Sham Mastani ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 24 ---- Khilona ---- Roz Roz Rosy Tumko Pyar Karta Hai ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal

HAVE THE FOLLOEING STRIKED NO.S SKS...

IF YOU WANT ME TO U/L ANY OF THEM , PLS LET ME KNOW THRO A PM...

OMKAR , PLS U/L WHATEVER DARPAN ,JAWAAB & DEEDAR SONGS YOU HAVE..

LOVE N LIVE MUSIC

IPB Image

IPB Image

RAHUL JALAN

DOSTON SE PYAAR KIYA , DUSHMANO SE BADLA LIYA. JO BHI KIYA HUMNE KIYA - SHAAN SE
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Kishore
post May 14 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 10681

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2007, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(King Kishore @ May 14 2007, 07:27 PM) *
Ye Kaisa Aaya Zamana - Hamjoli

One of the most funny songs picturised IMO.

Mehmood in a Triple Role. smile.gif

Enacting:
Gandfather (Prithviraj Kapoor)
Father (Raj Kapoor)
Son (Randhir Kapoor)

Ye Bharat Hai Ya Rome. smile.gif

Do u have the video of this song?? biggrin.gif Very funny song reeeee... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif In Marathi all I can is that this is a real DHATINGAN song hehehehehe.. Full to Dhamal khi khi khi khi !!! biggrin.gif

I was sure you would like it - its a crazy song, I like it a lot.
Naheen yaar, I dont have the Vdo.
Maybe Marci does.

-----
Aadmi Theek Se Dekh Paata Naheen, Aur Parde Pe Manzar Badal Jaata Hai,
Ek Baar Chaley Jaate Hain Jo Din-Raat, Suboh-Shaam, Wo Phir Naheen Aate, Wo Phir Naheen Aate,
Zindagi Ke Safar Mein Guzar Jaate Hain Jo Makaam, Wo Phir Naheen Aate, Wo Phir Naheen Aate...

-----
+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 14 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

QUOTE(eskayes @ May 14 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Thanks PF, Omkar, KK and Madhavi for your appreciation....i too love the title of this thread because it perhaps describes these songs most aptly...i am sure many like me here, who have grown up listening to the songs of 70s, would identify the most with these songs....it may be my bias for the songs of this period, but i do feel the music was at its best around this time...a perfect balance between Indian and Western music....of course, western music was also at its melodious best at that time with hoards of rock 'n' roll and country music bands dominating the western music scenario as immediate follow up to Beatles frenzy....

Omkar, the song at #9 is actually "Peene Se Pilane Se" (i have corrected it now)...sorry for the goof up.....with all its user friendly convenience, "Drag and Drop" does create challenges for even stricter of the due diligence processes sad.gif ....

Here is your song from Jawaab....

# 16 --- Jawaab --- Aaja Meri Jaan Yehi Hai June Ka Mahina --- 1970 --- with Asha --- LP---03:37@128

Oh thanks for the song, eskayes. How many total songs u have in the list?

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 14 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

Here u go Rahul

Bujha Do 3.23@128

Peene Se 3.23@128

Jee bharke 3.15@128

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rahuljalan73
post May 14 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2007, 10:54 PM) *

Here u go Rahul

Bujha Do 3.23@128

Peene Se 3.23@128

Jee bharke 3.15@128

JUG JUG JIYO MERE LAALLLL........

clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

LOVE N LIVE MUSIC

IPB Image

IPB Image

RAHUL JALAN

DOSTON SE PYAAR KIYA , DUSHMANO SE BADLA LIYA. JO BHI KIYA HUMNE KIYA - SHAAN SE
+Quote Post
eskayes
post May 14 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7092

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2007, 11:39 PM) *

Oh, it's a long list Omkar...there are 1124 songs that Guru sang during 1970-1979....617 of them were duets and 507 solos, making a solo percentage of 45%...an extremely high solo percentage at that....also shows is tremendous ability to carry off a song on his own....a fact which came to dawn on MDs very strongly during this time...this was a time when Producers would insist on having a song by Guru in the film; and songs were written, even though not originally envisaged, to accomodate a Guru song....emergency or no emergency, he reigned supreme...he didn't need an All India Radio to market/popularise his songs....many people during that period would hear of his songs only while watching the movie or on cassettes, because AIR had put an embargo on his songs...

eskayes

Where there is a will, there is a way;
where there is none, there is rationalisation
+Quote Post
rahuljalan73
post May 14 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE(eskayes @ May 14 2007, 11:06 PM) *

Oh, it's a long list Omkar...there are 1124 songs that Guru sang during 1970-1979....617 of them were duets and 507 solos, making a solo percentage of 45%...an extremely high solo percentage at that....also shows is tremendous ability to carry off a song on his own....a fact which came to dawn on MDs very strongly during this time...this was a time when Producers would insist on having a song by Guru in the film; and songs were written, even though not originally envisaged, to accomodate a Guru song....emergency or no emergency, he reigned supreme...he didn't need an All India Radio to market/popularise his songs....many people during that period would hear of his songs only while watching the movie or on cassettes, because AIR had put an embargo on his songs...

IN BETWEEN SKS I WANTED TO ASK ALL THAT THERE WERE SOME MORE GURU SONGS REQUESTED FROM ME LIKE OF BAAZI , GHAR DWAR , KASHISH OR KASHMAKASH ETC..

I DO NOT REMEMBER NICELY SO ASK ALL TO REFRESH MY MEMORY... biggrin.gif

LOVE N LIVE MUSIC

IPB Image

IPB Image

RAHUL JALAN

+Quote Post
King Kishore
post May 15 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 10681

QUOTE(eskayes @ May 14 2007, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2007, 11:39 PM) *

Very true.

At this time (70s) He actually swept over the scene and just took over.
He did offend the powers that be at that time and was banned from AIR for some time.
But then for how long could they do that, it was a joke.
His songs reached the masses and the classes regardless.
He couldnt be sidelined, the King, no way. smile.gif

-----
Aadmi Theek Se Dekh Paata Naheen, Aur Parde Pe Manzar Badal Jaata Hai,
Ek Baar Chaley Jaate Hain Jo Din-Raat, Suboh-Shaam, Wo Phir Naheen Aate, Wo Phir Naheen Aate,
Zindagi Ke Safar Mein Guzar Jaate Hain Jo Makaam, Wo Phir Naheen Aate, Wo Phir Naheen Aate...

-----
+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 15 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Eskayesbhai one more gem of a thread. thumbs-up.gif
+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 15 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Lekin HT, abhi is baat ko leke mujhe pareshan mat karna yaar!!! biggrin.gif Just kidding!!!

Omkarbhai, you can't escape me so soon. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post May 15 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5327

We have been through the list of songs of Guru from decades of 50s and 60s one by one....Here, i take up the next decade....The decade of 70s...the golden decade for Guru...the decade when he ruled the Hindi Film Music like no one before...from once that he rose like a phoenix towards late 60s, he never looked back...only to leave stamps of his singing genius on Indian Film scenario that fails to wither even to this day...

His songs of 70s are truly "Evergreen" and continue to be extremely popular even today...that's why the name of the thread "Kuchh Gaane Jinki Shaam Nahin"....through this thread, my attempt will be to go through each song of this decade one by one and relive the magic of those timeless pieces of brilliance....One significant thing you would notice is that, in this decade, Guru had a disproportionate number of Solos vis-a-vis duets as in other decades...

Before i start, i must put on record my sincere appreciation of HumTum and Nimii, who have helped me in very very big way with the data of 70s....more about them in my next post in this very thread...

Here is the master list of 70s' songs which will be updated from time to time as we discuss...I will take about 20-30 songs each time....Please come and join and put in your requests if you need any of these songs....I am sure, our ever so keen members of the forum will extend a helping hand as usual...

# 1 ---- Aan Milo Sajna ---- Achcha To Hum Chalte Hai ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 2 ---- Aan Milo Sajna ---- Yahan Wahan Saare Jahan Mein Tera ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 3 ---- Aansoo Aur Muskaan ---- Guni Jano Re Bhakth Jano ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 4 ---- Abhinetri ---- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal
# 5 ---- Bachhpan ---- Arre Muniya Re Muniya Yeh Bata ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 6 ---- Darpan ---- Are Jal Gayi Jal Gayi Duniya Jal Gayi ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 7 ---- Darpan ---- Bujha Do Deepak Andhera Kar Do ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Laxmikant Pyarelel
# 9 ---- Deedaar ---- Peene Se Pilane Se ---- 1970 ---- with Usha Khanna ---- Usha Khanna
# 10 ---- Ehsaan ---- Aaja Tujhe Pyar Kar Loo O Jaanejaana ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 11 ---- Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani ---- Sama Hai Suhana Suhana ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 12 ---- Hamara Adhikar ---- Bum Pam Bum Pam…Aankhen Mila Gori ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Chitragupt
# 13 ---- Holi Aayi Re ---- O Haseeno Tumne Sadiyon Meri Lottery ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 14 ---- Humjoli ---- Chal Shuru Ho Ja - one two ---- 1970 ---- with Rafi ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal
# 15 ---- Humjoli ---- Hari Om Hari Om..Yeh Kaisa Aaya Zamana ---- 1970 ---- with Mukesh/Mehmood ---- LP
# 16 ---- Jawaab ---- Aaja Meri Jaan Yehi Hai June Ka Mahina ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- LP
# 17 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- Nafrat Karne Waalon Ke Seene Mein ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 18 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- O Meri Raja..Wada To Nibhaya ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 19 ---- Johnny Mera Naam ---- Pal Bharke Liye Koi Hamein ---- 1970 ---- with Usha Mangeshkar ---- Kalyanji Anandji
# 20 ---- Kati Patang ---- He Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hain ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 21 ---- Kati Patang ---- O Babua Holi Hai...Aaj Na Chhorenge ---- 1970 ---- with Lata ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 22 ---- Kati Patang ---- Pyar Diwana Hota Hain ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 23 ---- Kati Patang ---- Yeh Sham Mastani ---- 1970 ---- Solo ---- Rahul Dev Burman
# 24 ---- Khilona ---- Roz Roz Rosy Tumko Pyar Karta Hai ---- 1970 ---- with Asha ---- Laxmikant Pyarelal

One more great work from your side SKS,

My help and support is always there as usual.

But this one is a merathon task because this is the biggest chunk of his career. We must go on and on kahin raaste mein thak na jaaye, ruk na jaaye aur jhuk na jaaye..

Yes.I am also quite feeling bad that Nimii is not around..She is truly a great fan of Guru and has done magnificient contribution to the furtherance of this great legend called KK. It is very very unfortunate that the "founder mother" of this forum is not there here especially in this great journey of the sweet seventies- the golden era of HFM.

Hum aur tum the saathi abhi hai kal ki baath..
aaj safar mein tum ne kyon chod diya hamara saath...????

Chalo, if that is how it should be.., then that is how it will be..the rest of us will continue the great legacy.!!

....NIRANJAN & GURUFAN...
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post May 15 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HumTum @ May 15 2007, 09:53 AM) *

Lekin HT, abhi is baat ko leke mujhe pareshan mat karna yaar!!! biggrin.gif Just kidding!!!

Omkarbhai, you can't escape me so soon. biggrin.gif

yeah me too....
pl upload 5 and 12 yaar,dost mere..!!

+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 15 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Gurufanbhai don't remind me of Teacher ma'am. ninja.gif By now I would have been thrown out of the class for all my pranks. wink.gif Now that reminds me of my G.... sad.gif

You are right brother, let us continue the great legacy biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post May 15 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HumTum @ May 15 2007, 10:44 AM) *

Gurufanbhai don't remind me of Teacher ma'am. ninja.gif By now I would have been thrown out of the class for all my pranks. wink.gif Now that reminds me of my G.... sad.gif

You are right brother, let us continue the great legacy biggrin.gif

Yes.you are right brother..

Woh School teacher ( witch.gif ) aaj hota to tu nahi hota idhar..!!!!

Us se to hum khud darte the..aur tumara to patta pura cut gaya hota.

Jaya madam ko to kaise bhi karke mana liya, lekin woh ring master madam se to bachna mushkil tha tumara..

Chalo lucky for you she is not there !!

+Quote Post
GURUFAN
post May 15 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SKS<

I am assuming that your list is alphabetical in order by film names withina given year

Year>>>> Film name>>>> track name that is..

If so, i guess you have missed out on

Aansoo aur muskaan and
Bombay talkies

I think that both of them are from 1970

Pl clarify

GF

+Quote Post

128 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM