Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Convert Cassettes To Digital

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Convert Cassettes To Digital
deewani
post May 21 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2053

BJ - tongue1.gif

Mahesh yes that's the kind of 2-in-1 stand alone VCR/DVD units I was talking about. smile1.gif Easiest way to transfer VHS to DVD by far.

Doston, Apna Tau Yeh Imaan Hai
Jo Bhi Jitna Saath De, Ehsaan Hai
Umr Ka Rishta Jodne Waale
Apni Nazar Mein Deewane Hai

Thanks for the memories HF. Bye Bye.
deewani is "permanently away"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kcp
post Jun 5 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(deewani @ May 20 2006, 11:19 PM) *

BJ - tongue1.gif

Mahesh yes that's the kind of 2-in-1 stand alone VCR/DVD units I was talking about. smile1.gif Easiest way to transfer VHS to DVD by far.

Yesssssssss

Yipppeeeeeeeeee I also managed ( difficult to convince spouses to buy any music/movie related gadget wink2.gif ) to buy a LG make VHS-DVDRW player !!! USD 265 only !!!

One touch and DVD is ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now hopefully in the coming months ( years ? sad1.gif tongue1.gif ) I might be able to transfer my entire video collection to DVD's

smile1.gif

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 5 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Congratulations on your purchase, kcp ji, tab tak na jaane kaun si technology hogi. At least once it is digital, further conversion will be easier. smile.gif Plus you can re-discover some tapes you haven't watched in some time.

I read last month that the new VAIOs are shipping with the new blu-ray technology with DVD burners capable of burning 25GB and 50GB dual-layer Blu Ray DVDs - this will be the new beta vs vhs debate - Blu Ray vs HD DVD formats. Awesome for data backup, but at this point in time, more expensive than an external hard drive, making the costs prohibitive. Only good I can think of is that maybe normal dual layer DVDs will drop in price, cause I have a drive capable of burning dual layer, but have never bought an 8GB DVD yet b/c again, it costs more than external storage. I don't even want to think about replacing my DVD collection. wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jun 5 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 5 2006, 03:11 AM) *

I don't even want to think about replacing my DVD collection. wacko.gif

You simply cant.... replace your old hindi movie collection. This technology is for going further..... Those High Definition DVDs needs a lot more of gigabytes of space. And hence a technology to burn more data and re-produce a better high definition signals, this two technology was researched and introduced... Soon Tweeter would be selling many of such DVD players for $599 to $999.

All the old DVDs which were made in standard definition would stay in standard defination unless they were shot with high definition digital technology. Unless like me if you have few hundred DVDs for Inglish films I dont think you have to worry about replacing our old hindi dvd collections.

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 6 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

laugh.gif Mere paas Hindi DVD collection ho, tab na? I was actually thinking of my english ones.

+Quote Post
balajigade
post Jun 6 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

Friends;
I have many musical files downloaded from internet / recorded from cassettes into low bit rates as low as 16 to 64 kbps and later on written on to CDs. Some of the audio/video/DVD players are not able detect these files when these CDs are put into them and therefore not able to play them. Is there any player available in the market which can play such CDs? The other option obviously is converting them into higher bit rates which may result in loss in audio quality as I am told. I require suggestions.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 6 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Balaji, are you burning in CD format (.wav) from your mp3s? And the players still don't recognize the CDs? (And if so are you finalizing the Cd? Or is it that you are burning your mp3s to the CD in the format of an mp3 CD?

The trouble is only with the lower bit rate files? And which software are you using?

+Quote Post
balajigade
post Jun 6 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 6 2006, 09:43 AM) *

Balaji, are you burning in CD format (.wav) from your mp3s? And the players still don't recognize the CDs? (And if so are you finalizing the Cd? Or is it that you are burning your mp3s to the CD in the format of an mp3 CD?

The trouble is only with the lower bit rate files? And which software are you using?

The files are already in the .mp3 format in the said bit rates on my computer hard disk. I use Nero to burn them in the same format on the CDs. In case I get them (from the net) in .wav or .ra formats I convert them to .mp3 before writing. Normally I finalise the CD when the Nero returns me a message that there is no space unless I do so. Most of the players---makes from the reputed ones--recognise files which are >/=64 kbps.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 8 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(balajigade @ Jun 6 2006, 02:35 AM) *

The files are already in the .mp3 format in the said bit rates on my computer hard disk. I use Nero to burn them in the same format on the CDs. In case I get them (from the net) in .wav or .ra formats I convert them to .mp3 before writing. Normally I finalise the CD when the Nero returns me a message that there is no space unless I do so. Most of the players---makes from the reputed ones--recognise files which are >/=64 kbps.

--Balaji

I am stumped, sorry. I have never tried to burn low bit rate files to CD. Hope someone with more experience can help you. My only suggestion would to be trying a different CD burning software and see if that helps you. Just wondering, do the CDs you burned play on your computer? These days most players will play burned CDs, the problem seems to lie with the files themselves or the software, as far as I can tell.

+Quote Post
kcp
post Jun 10 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(balajigade @ Jun 6 2006, 08:10 AM) *

Friends;
I have many musical files downloaded from internet / recorded from cassettes into low bit rates as low as 16 to 64 kbps and later on written on to CDs. Some of the audio/video/DVD players are not able detect these files when these CDs are put into them and therefore not able to play them. Is there any player available in the market which can play such CDs? The other option obviously is converting them into higher bit rates which may result in loss in audio quality as I am told. I require suggestions.

--Balaji

One solution for you :

Collect all such problematic songs (16 to 64 kbps ) in one directory. Then download this software

http://www.litexmedia.com/wma_workshop/

Then convert all the songs into MP3, ONCE AGAIN through this software. This can be done in a SINGLE BATCH ( write for me to get the serial, offline )

Then I think they will play on your players ( unless they are recorded in some other complex bitrate format )

KCP

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
kcp
post Jun 10 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

BJ - tongue1.gif

My wife tried some kids cartoons yesterday but the DVD's were not playing on any computer....can somebody givel me a solution to play these converted DVD's on PC's ??

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 10 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kcp @ Jun 9 2006, 11:53 PM) *

BJ - tongue1.gif

My wife tried some kids cartoons yesterday but the DVD's were not playing on any computer....can somebody givel me a solution to play these converted DVD's on PC's ??

I have never tried those stand alone units - but just a thought - do you have to tell the player that you are done with adding programs to the DVD when burning? A friend had one and I remember she would add and add until the DVD was full, and then I think it underwent some kind of finalization process so she could play it (she has sent to me some dvds too and they work fine).

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 10 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Deewz ur friend's mistake wink.gif turned out to be a gain for u tongue1.gif
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 10 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 10 2006, 12:27 AM) *
Deewz ur friend's mistake wink.gif turned out to be a gain for u tongue1.gif

Lol, actually we trade DVDs quite often, I am sure you can guess on which subject - we like to record interviews, appearances, etc. tongue1.gif

+Quote Post
deewani
post Aug 2 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Came across this web tutorial today. Found it well written with screenshots, thought I'd share the link:

How to digitize records and tapes with Adobe Audition (there is also a link for doing it with GoldWave there).
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/audio/...tion/index.html

+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 PM