Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Magic of the Velvet Voice

, Talat Mahmood's Unique Voice

16 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Magic of the Velvet Voice, Talat Mahmood's Unique Voice
cinemaniac2
post Jul 8 2004, 10:30 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 107

From 24Ghante-1958

Bipin Babul-Raja Mehndi Ali Khan

*Premnath,Shakila.

Hamen Haal E Dil Tumse Kehna Hai-Talat & Asha
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
unni
post Jul 8 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE (shuklas @ Jul 3 2004, 03:13 PM)
Unni :

Thanks for above U/L.

I have uploaded Talat saab's interview  :http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1668&st=30

You would be able to listen him speaking. I had a chance to attend his live concert and that was fantastic.

Shuklas

Rashmi/shuklas:

Thanks for that upload. I was planning to include in a topic-posting a little something of my experience of attending a live concert by Talat-sahab.

By the way, thanks for all your great U/Ls of rare numbers.

Cheers!

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Jul 8 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Film-Aurat Teri Yehi Kahani-1954

Bulo C. Rani-C Q. Deepak

*Bharat Bhushan,Nirupa Roy

Tum Chand Se Haseen Ho-Talat Mahmood

+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Jul 18 2004, 09:22 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Thanks Unniji for such your viewes on Talat Saheb. I had attended his concert back home in 1979. Mino Purshottam accompanied him for all his duet songs and also she sang some famous ghazals.

Mohd.
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Jul 28 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Film-Aabroo-1956

Bulo C Rani-D N Madhok

*Kamraan & Kum Kum

Aye Dil Dekh Liya

+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Jul 28 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Film-Aag Ka Darya-1953

Vinod-Hasrat Jaipuri

*Karan Diwan & Meena

Ek Din Hazaar Gham

+Quote Post
John
post Jul 28 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

Dear :

This was uploaded before..........pleeeeeeeeeeeeees check.

J
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Jul 28 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Film-Aaj Ki Baat-1955

Snehal Bhatkar-Hasrat

*Ajit & Chitra

Chod Na Apni Aas

+Quote Post
unni
post Jul 29 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

U/L: "Dil pe jab teri" (Talat Mahmood / Non-film)

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 5 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

U/L: "Tum humsafar nahin to koi humsafar nahin " (Talat Mahmood/ Non-film)

+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 7 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

U/L: "Tumne yeh kya sitam kiya" (Talat Mahmood/Non-film)

+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 8 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Friends:

Some years ago, when I first came I came across Mr. Khalid Mahmood's internet site about his father Talat Mahmood, I was so impressed that I sent an e-mail to Khalid-sahab. Very kindly he quoted an extract among the messages he had featured at the site.

What is special about the site is that it has been created by a son in honour of a famous father who is admired and loved by innumerable fans of all ages, spread all over the world.

The site has the distinct advantage of access to a vast collection of rare photographs and articles. At no other site dedicated to an artiste, Indian or Western, do we come across so many photographs of such high quality. Talat-sahab must have been photographed even by those who did not care for HFM but surely knew a handsome face!

Talat-sahab was not one of the artistes at the hugely-attended open-air concert I attended in Madras in the late 60's, which featured several of the top singers from Bombay. And perhaps fortunately so. IMHO, to imbibe the flavour of his songs, his singing style, one must be in the midst of a limited audience in the intimate atmosphere of a small auditorium. Fortunately, I later had the opportunity to listen to Talat-sahab in exactly that kind of setting.

On rare occasions, as demanded by our English-language lecturer, I had fulfilled compulsory-attendance requirements and suffered through some amateur performances of Shakespeare plays at the Museum Theatre. But this time it was different. Not only was I there willingly, but infact eagerly looking forward to the event!

Two distinct recollections remain from that evening, so many years ago:

I remember one moment when I felt a tinge of regret and sadness. Talat-sahab announced that he would sing a song from his latest film. His voice then picked up the opening lines, "Phir wohi shaam, wohi gham, wohi tanhaayi hai". To us, "JAHAN ARA" (1964) by then was already an old film! It was evident that in terms of opportunities for film-song recordings, this great artiste's best days were behind him.

After rendering several songs, Talat-sahab left the stage, and his small accompanying music crew played some instrumental pieces of the then current hits of other singers --- totally out of sync with the nostalic tunes that had preceded. The audience became restive. The murmur turned into a chorus of shouts demanding Talat-sahab. We were concerned that his performance was over. The curtain was lowered.

When the curtain lifted again, Talat-sahab was back on stage. And almost as if in answer to the audience was heard the melodious question, "Jaayen to jaayen kahaan?" -- and time stood still for us. An exquisite moment from an unforgettable evening.

Did somebody say, "They don't make singers like that any more"?

+Quote Post
extenok
post Aug 8 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Finally, something that I had also been hoping to write about. I would have to agree here with Unni, indeed, Khalid Mahmood's website is a sincere effort and one that has to admired for exactly that. The design and style might not be special in the stylized and fashionable world of internet web designing, but in the sheer amount of information and paraphernalia that it brings to the viewers senses is amazingly overwhelming. I haven't seen any other website of legends giving out such detailed information and that too with such generosity. If Khalid Mahmood's efforts in trying to put as much information about the Velvet Voiced Legend are being appreciated, I will not for a second forget the magnanimous gestures of his in fulfilling song requests put up by every Talat Mahmood fan.

The Velvet Voice of Talat Mahmood is exquisite and like all other things exquisite, requires a certain taste, setting and mood. I might not have been fortunate enough to have seen Talat Sahab in concert. Yet, I know that it is frivolous to expect the same form of immense pleasure and intense delight at hearing the Velvet Voice in the setting of a huge gathering, as I get listening to him in solitude. It is simply impossible.

Unni's experiences make me envious and sometimes I wonder why I couldn't have been born a few decades earlier, to have experienced such endearing treats as he has been blessed with. I feel it is a great loss on my part.
Sir, I thank you from the depths of my heart for relating this experience of an intimate music gathering that you were a part of. Living vicariously, I find it as some form of compensation for me. To think about the experience, something to feel, the Velvet Voice intoxicating my senses with the most subtlest of touches.

They sure broke the mould, if there was one.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Aug 15 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Film-Apsara-1961

Husnlal Bhagatram-Qamar Jalalabadi & Hasrat Jaipuri

*Pradeep Kumar & Padmini

3 duets of the same movie

all Talat Mahmood & Asha Bhosle

1)Hai Zindagi Intni Haseen

2)Hardam Tumhi se Pyar

3)Tu Mere Saath

+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Aug 15 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

song no 2 from Apsara

+Quote Post

16 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:43 AM