Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dil Ki Rani (1947)

, Hear Raj Kapoor Sing

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dil Ki Rani (1947), Hear Raj Kapoor Sing
swarapriya
post May 18 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Dil Ki Rani (1947)

1947 was a great year. India became independent after a long freedom struggle. Slowly several independent movies, apart from big studio names, started emerging.

The year 1947 also saw the emergence of Raj Kapoor as an actor. He had another movie that was released in 1947 with his leading lady as Madhubala, “Neel Kamal.” It was a hit. This movie, "Dil Ki Rani", also starred Madhubala as his leading lady. Both Madhubala and Raj Kapoor started as child stars. Raj Kapoor was 23 years old when this movie was released. Madhubala was just 14! Madhubala appeared as a child star in “Basant (1942)” when she was only nine years old. Raj Kapoor acted in his first movie when he was only 11 years.

This was SD's fourth Hindi movie. In 1947, he also had "Do Bhai" where Geetaji got a big break singing "Mera Sundar Sapna Beet Gaya." With that song Geetaji became a household name.

Every song in this movie, "Dil Ki Rani", is a solo with Geetaji dominating. But the real surprise here is to find Raj Kapoor singing a song! He did a great job of it. In early days Raj had sung in several movies. This is not surprising. When growing up, Raj spent most of his time in studios with his father with greats like K.C. Dey and K.L. Saigal. Hasrat Jaipuri once commented that Raj ji not only can sing and has a good ear for music, but also can actually compose music!

All songs for "Dil Ki Rani" were written by Y.N. Joshi, who also wrote its story and screenplay. I am uploading all songs of this album. These are all from one source, from a friend of mine. I believe they were from a tape. Remember that these songs were recorded over 61 years ago! Very long time back indeed. Therefore, you can expect their quality to be suspect.

Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post May 18 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

Swarpriyaji, I was planning to upload this album...thanks that you uploaded it!
KAHAAN GAYE CHITCHOR as you uploaded as Geeta Dutt solo, is it really a solo or a duet as i'm having duet version of it! Also AHAA MORE MOHAN NE should also be a duet of Geeta Dutt, most probably with Asha bhosle!

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
Exon
post May 18 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for this rare SDB album.

The song, 'Kahaan Gaye Chitchor' is a duet (Geeta Dutt, Shyam Sundar?). The other song 'Aaha More Mohan Ne Mujhko Bulaaya' sounds like a Geeta Dutt solo to me.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: May 18 2008, 07:00 PM
+Quote Post
smahesh
post May 20 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

swarpriyaji,
thanks for the two shyamsunder songs which were missing from my collection.

erumji,
the film version of the song ''AHAA MORE MOHAN NE '' is a geetaji solo picturised on madhubala.if you have a duet version of the song;most likely it is from the record,please upload it.the co-singer is unlikely to be asha bhosle,as she didn't sing with burmanda till 1952[lal kunvar.
exonji,

the song ''Kahaan Gaye Chitchor'' is by geetaji and two male singers[but they are not raj kapoor or shyamsunder].
the comedian singer shyamsunder is different from music director shyamsunder.
regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 20 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ May 19 2008, 10:20 PM) *

swarpriyaji,
thanks for the two shyamsunder songs which were missing from my collection.

erumji,
the film version of the song ''AHAA MORE MOHAN NE '' is a geetaji solo picturised on madhubala.if you have a duet version of the song;most likely it is from the record,please upload it.the co-singer is unlikely to be asha bhosle,as she didn't sing with burmanda till 1952[lal kunvar.
exonji,

the song ''Kahaan Gaye Chitchor'' is by geetaji and two male singers[but they are not raj kapoor or shyamsunder].
the comedian singer shyamsunder is different from music director shyamsunder.
regards,
mahesh

Maheshji,

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. I know you have a treasure of some old movie gems. You've uploaded seems like countless old albums. Thank you for the same. I am happy that you were able to find a couple of missing songs from my uploads.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
mirsa
post May 20 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7506

Thanks Swarpriya Ji for the 2 songs of Shyams sunder--missing in my album as well.

Mohd. M.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 20 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirsa @ May 20 2008, 03:35 AM) *

Thanks Swarpriya Ji for the 2 songs of Shyams sunder--missing in my album as well.

Mohd. M.

You're very welcome Mirsaji. -S
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 20 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Thanks Swarapriya for posting this complete album. I was busy with personal commitments over the weekend.

Will try and contribute more in the coming days.

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:59 PM