Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ustad Amanat Ali Khan

, a new thread in his respect

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, a new thread in his respect
anurag
post Sep 6 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 550

Sanjiv

I just have one CD by Amanat Ali Khan and that too of ghazals only, no classical. I am listening to classical stuff by him now only, thanks to wehshee.

Here is a link to a site that hosts some of his work:

http://www.pakwatan.com/main/Entment/singe...tail.php3?ID=58

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 6 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #17

Unregistered

thank you for your appreciation friends.

anurag:

the link u gave was for his son, asad amanat ali.. although i didnt find time to go through the whole site to look for ustaad amanat ali khan's cd.

actually there are only a very few ghazals that are widely available, (two cds). I have a couple of more thumris by ustad amanat ali and fateh ali khan. i will upload them soon. they are all wonderful.

then there are some semi classical compositions he has sung. e.g, "aa mere pyaar ki khushbu manzil pe tujhe pohonchay (darbari)", "piya nahi aaey(bageshri.. i think)" a duet with noor jahan, "data torey dwaar main gaaon(not sure which raga)", "pyar nahi hai surr se jisko woh moorakh insaan nahi(malkauns)", and the legendary composition in raga darbari by his brother ustaad fateh ali "nain se nain milaey rakhne ko"

i had these, but on audio casettes, if any body has anyone of these (or an other non-ghazal item) it'll be great.

if anybody wants his ghazals i have a few more.

Peace...
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 6 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wehshee @ Sep 6 2004, 09:56 AM)
thank you for your appreciation friends.

anurag:

the link u gave was for his son, asad amanat ali.. although i didnt find time to go through the whole site to look for ustaad amanat ali khan's cd.

Wheshee, you are right. I was just searching at google for Sanjiv some sites where he could download from and in haste copied and pasted the link - didn't look at the the pic.

Sanjiv, here it is : http://www.apnahafizabad.com/site/songs.htm

BTW, if you'd like to download them, just right click on the down arrow button next to the song and then save.

actually there are only a very few ghazals that are widely available, (two cds). I have  a couple of more thumris by ustad amanat ali and fateh ali khan. i will upload them soon. they are all wonderful.

Thanks for offering to upload them, wehshee.
then there are some semi classical compositions he has sung. e.g, "aa mere pyaar ki khushbu manzil pe tujhe pohonchay (darbari)", "piya nahi aaey(bageshri.. i think)" a duet with noor jahan, "data torey dwaar main gaaon(not sure which raga)", "pyar nahi hai surr se jisko woh moorakh insaan nahi(malkauns)", and the legendary composition in raga darbari by his brother ustaad fateh ali "nain se nain milaey rakhne ko"

i had these, but on audio casettes, if any body has anyone of these (or an other non-ghazal item) it'll be great.

Hopefully, someone will notice this and do the needful!

if anybody wants his ghazals i have a few more.

I have heard whispering melodies by him. Nothing beyond that!

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 7 2004, 11:16 AM
Post #19

Unregistered

Thanks Anurag for the trouble. where can i find lyrics of Maine yaar ko sone na diya. some one dear to me wants to sing the song provided the lyrics are available.

regards

sanjiv
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 7 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sanjiv

Do a search at google with various search strings. I don't know any sites that provide lyrics. If I need something, I just search.

Otherwise, you can listen to the song, write the lyrics yourself in good
old fashioned way of pre-Internet era and pass it on to your dear. biggrin.gif

HTH.

+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 7 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #21

Unregistered

QUOTE(sanjivirs @ Sep 7 2004, 11:16 AM)
Thanks Anurag for the trouble. where  can i find lyrics of Maine yaar ko sone na diya. some one dear to me wants to sing the song provided the lyrics are available.

regards

sanjiv

i think i can manage to write the lyrics down for u and send them to u.. with a promise.. that when ure dear friends sings it, it ends up in the "surr main na sahi" thread..

no no.. doesn't mean ure friend is not in surr or anything.. blab.gif but i have learned that "appropriate U/Ls should go to the appropriate section.. thumbs-up.gif

i think i should be able to come up with the lyrics by tomorrow.

peace...

+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 7 2004, 07:37 PM
Post #22

Unregistered

AAAARGH !!!!

couldn't help myself..

here are the lyrics, the best to my understanding (they make sense too) thumbs-up.gif

yaar ko maine mujhe yaar ne soney na diya
raat bhar taal-e-baidaar ne soney na diya

ek shab bulbul-e-betaab ke jaagey na naseeb
pehlu-e-gul ne kabhi khaar ne soney na diya

raat bhar ki dil-e-betaab ne baaten mujhse
ranj-o-mehnet ke giraftaar ne soney na diya

(then again)
ek shub bulbul-betaab ke jaagey na naseeb
pehlu-e-gul ne kabhi khaar ne soney na diya

peace...

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Sep 7 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Why are this .MP3 link for the songs giving errors ????

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 8 2004, 05:44 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

BJ, dunno what's going on here!! Did Pradeep change something on the server??

+Quote Post
extenok
post Sep 8 2004, 06:05 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Zaruur 'Maamuu Pepkoo' ne kuch garhbarh kee hae. Warna mp3 files iss tarah harhbarhaa ke 'ERROR' na de rahi hoteen.

Somebody call the Boss.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 8 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #26

Unregistered

[thanks wehsee for your effort. actually its my wife who wanted the lyrics. I am a novice in internet dont know how to upload .would try to upload this song in sur na sahi thread if it comes out well in her voice . Although have never done this but would certinly give a try.

regards
sanjiv
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 8 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sanjivirs @ Sep 8 2004, 12:23 AM)
would try to upload this  song  in sur na sahi thread if it comes out well in her voice . Although have never done this but would certinly give a try.

regards
sanjiv

That'd be fantastic, Sanjiv. In anticipation..

Who knows our resident male singer Imran and your wife can sing a duet for us as well.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 9 2004, 12:34 AM
Post #28

Unregistered

well now we know guys keh after all mp3 problem ke peehe "mamoon ji" ka hi haath tha

i guess main woh thumri dobara upload kardoonga in zip format. something that nice should stay here. what do u say?

rest of the stuff (ghazals from whispering memories) are common.

oh, i remembered, i have an album called "raag se ghazal tak" in which these brothers sing a thumri (or khyaal) in a certain raga and then sing a ghazal in the same raga. i can rip it and post it if u guys want. them being my fav, i think its fantastic. smile1.gif

plus i am anxiously waiting for a sftware (a free one) that can cut down the noise from my audio cassettes. i have a few very good things to contribute. (emphasis beng on the word "few")
+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 9 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #29

Unregistered

QUOTE(Wehshee @ Sep 9 2004, 12:34 AM)

i guess main woh thumri dobara upload kardoonga in zip format. something that nice should stay here. what do u say?

oh, i remembered, i have an album called "raag se ghazal tak" in which these brothers sing a thumri (or khyaal) in a certain raga and then sing a ghazal in the same raga. i can rip it and post it if u guys want. them being my fav, i think its fantastic.  smile1.gif

1. pl upload the thumri once again.
2. Go ahead ,it would indeed be nice to hear both thumri and ghazal.

regards

sanjiv
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 10 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #30

Unregistered

okey friends, here's that thumri again. i'll U/L the thumri and ghazal one by one soon too.

Enjoy.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:25 AM