Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

About Indo-Pak Cricket Series !!!

, For Every Indian and Every Pakistani

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About Indo-Pak Cricket Series !!!, For Every Indian and Every Pakistani
myawan
post Apr 2 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 57

Congratulations to Indian team. They really played with passion.
In my opinion match's turning point was when Tendulkar got the wicket of Moin Khan at the last ball of third day. That made them confident. That gave them so much energy for the next day. Otherwise upto third day both teams were going good.

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Apr 2 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

QUOTE (Nimii @ Apr 1 2004, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (myawan @ Mar 31 2004, 06:08 PM)
and it was delibrate decission! just to show that now HE is the captain.

I dont think so. Dravid did the right thing. This is a test cricket not some place to make your personal scoring. If it happens fine and btw he did give him 60 odd minutes to score and complete his second century - what was he doing ?

We did well and I think the credit goes to each one of them in our Team smile.gif

Good show boys!

N smile.gif

To tell it was a delibrate decision by Dravid is not true. Must be decision of team management and also Saurav was also there.

But I don't agree NimmiJi that management did right thing. Sachin was scoring well after Sehwag's departure and to score 6 more runs he would have needed at max 2 overs.

True, cricket is a team game but it is also a mutual give and take type of relationship between team and players. Scoring 200 gives you immense confidence and in turn that helps team as player carries that confidence over in his next innings. Worth mentioning here is that Sachin also scored 200+ in last match against Aus, so scoring 200 in successive matches is not what you can achieve everytime. So, in short I feel team management did injustice to Sachin but he is a team man and as he said after the victory that all issues are sorted out.

Anyways, three cheers for Indian team...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
UKM
post Apr 2 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 358

For what Ganguly had to say, check out: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/595702.cms
+Quote Post
myawan
post Apr 8 2004, 05:24 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

CONGRATULATIONS to Pakistan team for coming back in to the series. They played with determination.

What an innings Inzamam has played, he was rock solid.

Great game of cricket!

+Quote Post
dhiren
post Apr 8 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Well, Congrates PAK for win... Well done come back in series.

Now, 3rd and last test will be excited.

Dhiren

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Flex001
post Apr 8 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 184

Jam!!!

Flex

"To be in a minority of one does not necessarily render one insane"
George Orwell (1949) 'Nineteen Eighty Four'
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Apr 9 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Phewwwwwww.....The series has really become exciting now. Congratulations to Pak team for levelling the series. The third test will be more exciting now and both teams has everything to play for.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
nonelikekk
post Apr 12 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Member No.: 334

Amid all the din of this Indo-Pak series, another part of the subcontinent provided the backdrop for the finest side in the world. Inside the dens of the Lankan Lions, with Muthaih Muralitharan taking about 27 wickets in 3 tests, the Aussies pummeled the Lankans 3-0. No amount of praise can be enough for this achievement & it only shows that all the 3 sub-continental teams have miles to go before we can match their consistent class. (When Murali took 28 wickets against us during our tour of the Emerald Isles, we came back badly mauled).

They have been playing as often & as intensely as us. They too have had their injury problems (McGrath) & other avoidable issues (Shane Warne). Their finest captain & arguably the most doughty warrier had just bowed out. But nothing seems to daunt these champions. The humid, murky conditions of Kandy or the blazing frying pan of Sharjah. They are the true champs.

All of us, who are keenly following the Indo-Pak series, let's doff our hats to the true tigers of the game (no wonder their jersy-colour is yellow).

While the world argues whether Mukesh's song from Sambandh was better than Rafi's song from Chirag in 1969, someone in the same year sang 'roop tera mastana'.

-kkbhakt.
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Apr 12 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Mr. kkbhakt

All jokes aside, 10/10 for subtleness. Loved the metaphoric attempt.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
myawan
post Apr 17 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Congratulations for Indian team for their victory in test series as well, they deserved it, now they have become a good combination, in my opinion they are second best after Australia.

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Apr 17 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

The current Indian team has not only showed desire to win but also there is great amount of consistency...

There is not a single person in Indian team who can be considered indispensible. If not Sachin, Dravid will score. If not Dravid, Laxman/Yuvraj/Sehwag will score.

In bowling department, we too were without Zaheer, Harbhajan and company. Rookies like Pathan, Balaji did the job for India.

So apart from a great playing 11 we have a good bench strength and backup players. So I guess it is just the begining of golden era in Indian cricket smile.gif

Also, it will be unfair if there is no mention of Pakistani hospitality. They have been a great host for this series...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Apr 18 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Yes Indian team did play well consistently!!

I am proud of each of them for all their effort...

This series has opened a new venue for Peace and prosperity for both countries. Thank you Pakistan and all you brothers and sisters there who have made our team feel totally at home smile.gif

N smile.gif
ps: I was quite upset reading the papers that Inzy lashed at Sohaib sad.gif .. that was very very unfair. I dont think it was right to put all the onus on Sohaib. Poor guy was hurt with that wrist injury and feeling very bad that he couldnt take part in the 2nd innings totally sad.gif and it wasnt a 3-0 series - Pakistan team did try their best. Cricket is a game of luck and effort in equal doses. We win some we lose some sad.gif
+Quote Post
extenok
post Apr 18 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Nimii @ Apr 18 2004, 12:07 AM)

ps: I was quite upset reading the papers that Inzy lashed at Sohaib sad.gif .. that was very very unfair. I dont think it was right to put all the onus on Sohaib. Poor guy was hurt with that wrist injury and feeling very bad that he couldnt take part in the 2nd innings totally sad.gif  and it wasnt a 3-0 series - Pakistan team did try their best.  Cricket is a game of luck and effort in equal doses. We win some we lose some sad.gif

Time for suffering a historic defeat at the hand of your arch-rivals.
Boy that hurts. mad.gif

Some excerpts of what one writer had to say about all of this in Dawn's Sport page
Clearly there was no plan on how Pakistan would go about saving the match. It seemed to have been left to the batsmen to devise their own individual strategy, to each his own. What they had in common was an aversion to stay at the wicket and even the fact that the Indians kept dropping catches, almost as if they wanted to earn their win, not be gifted it, was scorned.

Pakistan's batsmen were determined to do it their way. Which was to compete against one another on who was the more irresponsible. The Test match and the series was lost within minutes of the day's play beginning, from the nonchalance of the batsmen who were not out overnight.

They showed the same cluelessness that they had shown in the first innings against the swinging ball. Nothing had been learnt and, therefore, there was nothing to forget. It seems pointless to go down the order and describe how each one got out.

Pakistan just threw in the towel. It is for the PCB to find out what went wrong for something went horribly wrong. Pakistan has lost before this and has been outplayed and the margin of defeat has been heftier than an innings and 131 runs.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
Flex001
post Apr 18 2004, 09:33 PM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 184

Was a 2-0 result ever in any doubt!

Too good India.

Flex

"To be in a minority of one does not necessarily render one insane"
George Orwell (1949) 'Nineteen Eighty Four'
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Apr 19 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (extenok @ Apr 18 2004, 06:17 AM)
Time for suffering a historic defeat at the hand of your arch-rivals.
Boy that hurts. mad.gif

I agree extenok, it certainly hurts. This can be proven by the fact that Ganguly is the only Indian captain who will (most probably) retain his captaincy after returning from Pakistan's tour. In past all the captains returning from Pak had lost their captaincy...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:37 PM