Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Official Thread For Champions Trophy

, Come and share my dear cricketing friends

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Thread For Champions Trophy, Come and share my dear cricketing friends
tracknest
post Oct 17 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3031

I did not initiate this discussion earlier as all meaningless games were being played till the game where we beat the English side.

It seems Australia is the favorite and the team to beat followed by India and Newzeland in my opinion.

Shame to see Shoaib and the talented Asif get into this mess. I do not condone doping but no doping cant create a talent like Asif. I hope the boy gets a clear if he is innocent.

Come on Anil ji and Mandrake ji and co...lets share

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Oct 17 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(tracknest @ Oct 17 2006, 05:01 AM) *

Shame to see Shoaib and the talented Asif get into this mess. I do not condone doping but no doping can create a talent like Asif. I hope the boy gets a clear if he is innocent.

I read abt that on the bbc sports web site this morning, it was funny as hell... shell on them.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Oct 17 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

Shame to see Shoaib and the talented Asif get into this mess. I do not condone doping but no doping can create a talent like Asif.

Doping doesn't create talent. It only fortifies the body temporarily.

I hope the boy gets a clear if he is innocent.

Naturally smile1.gif If he is innocent, he will be cleared. laugh.gif

Why the step-treatment to Shoaib? Because he is controversial? The fact is, people do go and watch when Shoaib is bowling.

Doping ban cannot be more than 1 year now, after Shane Warne got away with that. Similar offence, similar punishment.

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
aaryana afghan
post Oct 17 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 6848

All the players are well known of the doping penalty.so why they do so?
as shoiab akhter and mohd.asif are main bowlers for the pakistani side
so why they go for these medicines.
in pakistan all the tv chanells were yesterday discussing the issue very harshly.

The most determinative sentence which should alwayz be followed in life- THE RACE IS NOT OVER B'COZ I HAVE NOT WON YET….!
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 17 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

I would have put Pakistan as second after Australia if Akhtar and Asif were in team.

Anyways, I find SL shaping up very well and it won't come as a surprise if they go all the way up to the finals. India, going by their current form (and not on-paper strength) are not favorites for sure. Apart from Sachin, I don't think any of the top-order batsmen are looking in good nick. I hope they get their acts together sooner rather than later.

No comments on doping issue. If found guilty Akhtar and Asif should be punished and as MJ said, same offense, same punishment.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 17 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

It is indeed a shame that Shoaib and Asif are in this mess, was really looking forward to seeing them in action in this tourney, especially Shoaib who was back fully fit.

I wish Inzi was there not only as captain, but also for pyschological reasons. It will be interesting to see how their batting shapes up, they still don't have a proper opening pair and the WC is coming soon.

India looks alright at the moment, their batsman have to get into form if they are to do well.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Oct 17 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Oct 17 2006, 07:26 AM) *

Shame to see Shoaib and the talented Asif get into this mess. I do not condone doping but no doping can create a talent like Asif.

Doping doesn't create talent. It only fortifies the body temporarily.

I hope the boy gets a clear if he is innocent.

Naturally smile1.gif If he is innocent, he will be cleared. laugh.gif

Why the step-treatment to Shoaib? Because he is controversial? The fact is, people do go and watch when Shoaib is bowling.

Doping ban cannot be more than 1 year now, after Shane Warne got away with that. Similar offence, similar punishment.

Sorry Mandrake ji I missed the 't' after can and that changed the whole sentence. Yes you r right, doping cannot enhance talent.

I also agree with you on the punishment aspect. Kudos to the PCB for initiating the test and disclosing its findings. How many other boards could have done this?????

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Oct 17 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tracknest-JI, can we please drop the 'ji's?
It is indeed surprising that PCB, of all the boards, took this step. Not that PCB can't be a path-breaker, but somehow the timing stinks big time.
Is there something more to it here than meets the eye?
Shoaib has always been a controversial figure in pakistan cricket. Part of it is self-created. The balance is the reaction to it. Why does he go to private doctors who are not endorsed by PCB?

Why didn't PCB conduct these tests and obtain results BEFORE the Pak team left home?

Something here isn't all proper....

+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 17 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I don't see why both Shoaib and Asif would take Nadrolone, they don't need it. Here is what Wikepedia says on detecting the substance:

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise.

It could be that both took in the product without knowing, it could have showed up in their diets. They were both returning from injury and maybe took some medicines that contained the substance.

What the PCB should have done is investigate further without coming straight out into public with the story, they made a blunder.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Oct 17 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Sri Lanka Innings: 253 all out

Pakistan Innings: 131 for 4

We're guuuuuuuud!!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 17 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Pakistan won smile1.gif

gOOOOOOOOOd!!!

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 18 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Great win by Pakistan !!

Although Sri Lanka should have gotten 20-30 more runs, it was a good bowling performance towards the end by Pak that restricted SL. Pak batted pretty well but some of their shot selection and running was not great. Credit to Razzaq, Malik, Yousuf and Farhat who all played well. This should give them confidence for the remaining games.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Oct 18 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

QUOTE(princeali @ Oct 18 2006, 12:38 AM) *

Great win by Pakistan !!

Although Sri Lanka should have gotten 20-30 more runs, it was a good bowling performance towards the end by Pak that restricted SL. Pak batted pretty well but some of their shot selection and running was not great. Credit to Razzaq, Malik, Yousuf and Farhat who all played well. This should give them confidence for the remaining games.

While Australia has the skill and the 'kill', Pakistan has got the dedication. They are my favourites. India has the talents but success favours those who use them. Getting paid for 'hoo-ha-India' will lead them nowhere.

--Balaji

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Oct 18 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Just a debate-point Balaji, nothing personal here... why are we cut up about the cricketers endorsing stuff?
Why are we assuming that they do this at the expense of practice sessions? Is is practically possible? They know very well that all the modelling they get to do is only because they ARE playing well. Once they stop playing good cricket, the offers dry up instantly.
You think a man like Greg Chappell would mince words if he thought that the 'boys' were not practising enough?

And for a moment, think as if You were a cricketer. Would you honestly want to put up a mediocre performance? Would you rather have the endorsement money, or a cricket-crazy nation idolizing your on-field deeds?

I think the modelling issue has always got bad press...

Just my thoughts..

+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 18 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Oct 18 2006, 02:32 PM) *

Just a debate-point Balaji, nothing personal here... why are we cut up about the cricketers endorsing stuff?
Why are we assuming that they do this at the expense of practice sessions? Is is practically possible? They know very well that all the modelling they get to do is only because they ARE playing well. Once they stop playing good cricket, the offers dry up instantly.
You think a man like Greg Chappell would mince words if he thought that the 'boys' were not practising enough?

And for a moment, think as if You were a cricketer. Would you honestly want to put up a mediocre performance? Would you rather have the endorsement money, or a cricket-crazy nation idolizing your on-field deeds?

I think the modelling issue has always got bad press...

Just my thoughts..

thumbs-up.gif I agree with you wholeheartedly...............................make hay while the sun shines.....

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:27 PM