Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mysteries ? Shaque

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mysteries ? Shaque
Pradeep
post Feb 24 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Another Censor problem resurfaces

Another Censor problem has resurfaced in the form of Vinod Chhabra's film Mysteries - Shaque. The censors have refused to pass this B-grade film even with an Adult certificate, unless they chip off a topless scene by the actress Janki Shah.

Like any censor-revolting filmmaker, Chhabra has groused that the scene is of utmost importance to his film (for obvious reasons). But the reason he cites is that in the scene, the NRI heroine meets the Indian hero. In an attempt to prove that the female of the species is no less than a male, the heroine pulls of her upper garment to show her equality status. It's then that the hero slaps her and reminds her of Indian values and traditions.

Incidentally, the actress had agreed only to reveal her bikini top but the director apparently fooled her into giving a topless shot. Will Chhabra be able to fool the censors will equal panache?

I was fooled into giving a topless shot

Janki Shah from Ahmedabad, who makes her debut in producer-director Vinod Chabbras Mysteries Shaque, is up-in-arms against the filmmaker. Chhabbra has previously made box-office turkeys like Paapi Gudiya (Karisma Kapoor) and Meena Baazar.

According to Janki, she signed a contract with Chhabra which stated that she would perform one smooching scene besides wear a two-piece bikini and remove her T-shirt to reveal her bra for two other scenes.

But when it came to the shot where she was supposed to reveal the bra, Janki alleges that Chhabra fooled her into giving a topless shot.

Speaking from Ahmedabad, Janki complained, He said it was necessary that I tear off my bra, promising that the focus would be on my back. There was a cameraman in front and I was told that he would only record my expression.

However now I learn that Chhabra is showing me topless. I want him to delete this. But didnt she have any reservations before? I was a bit wary about him from the beginning. Before the shoot he shot some topless posters of mine, courtesy computer technology. Seeing my annoyance, he promised not to use it, but recently I found them published in a section of the press.

Chhabra says, I had given a bound script and taken Jankis signature on a Rs 100 stamp paper, saying that she had understood the role and agreed to do the topless scene. She plays a NRI who gets into a heated argument on womens liberation with a group of guys and girls on a tennis court. In an attempt to prove that todays women can do whatever men can, she goes nude above her waist.

Chabbra likens Jankis topless scene to that of Mandakinis in Ram Teri Ganga Maili saying, It is integral to the script. It brings about a transformation in the girls character. From here she realises that Indian culture is different from that of Western culture.

Meanwhile Janki is planning to take Chhabra to court if he shows the topless shot. Mysteries ...Shaque, which also stars Chauhan and Aarti Puri, is slated for a release soon.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:58 AM