Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Baba Sehgal

, my latest craze

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Baba Sehgal, my latest craze
Nimii
post Dec 29 2004, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen a couple of his video songs long ago.. the Manjula one and another I cant remember the song.. but it is that one where he is on the tv and the tv keeps moving towards the bathroom where a girl is in the bath tub. Marcilo yaad hai woh gaana kaunsa hai?

N
ps: Thank you for promoting songs of BS on CG!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 29 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

He shot to fame with "Thanda Thanda Pani".. That was a complete lift off from Vanila Ice "Ice Ice Baby".. I guess he was the one who initiated concept of Hindi "rap".

Yep all his videos were visual treat.

Waise yeh Bath tab wala kaun sa gana hai…. Maine to dekha bhi nahi…

There is one number I remember … this was shot at train station … "Gori Gori.. le le dil chori chori"……

aaj ghar ja ke CD search marni padegi … not sure if these numbers are readily available on CDs

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 29 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is a snippet from " http://www.babasehgalonline.com"

Contrary to his popular casanova popstar image, Baba Sehgal alias Harjeet Singh Sehgal is actually a B.Tech, Electrical Engineer from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (Nainital). After working in reputed organisations like G.E.C and D.E.S.U., Baba following his natural instincts, made his entry in Bollywood, in the non-film category which is generally referred as Popular Music. The Indian Pop Scene got triggered in a major way after his mega chart buster, Thanda Thanda Pani, released in 1992. What followed is history .....

On that note here is listing of Baba Sehgal's Albums :

Kiss Miss (Golden Melodies)
Dilruba (Magnasound) Alibaba (Magnasound)
Thanda Thanda Pani (Magnasound)
Main bhi Madonna (Magnasound)
Dr. Dhingra (Magnasound)
Indian Romeo(BMG Crescendo)
Tora Tora (HMV)
Miss Loomba Loomba(T-Series)
Na arya hai Na jarya hai (Tips)
America mein Indian Dhaba (Tips)
Jugni mast kalandar (Archies Music)
The Magic of Dandiya (Archies Music)
Abb main Vengaboy (Virgin)
Pinga Pinga (Gas Music / BMG Crescendo)

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 29 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Dec 29 2004, 10:06 PM)
He shot to fame with "Thanda Thanda Pani".. That was a complete lift off from Vanila Ice "Ice Ice Baby".. I guess he was the one who initiated concept of Hindi "rap".

Yep all his videos were visual treat.

Waise yeh Bath tab wala kaun sa gana hai…. Maine to dekha bhi nahi…

There is one number I remember … this was shot at train station … "Gori Gori.. le le dil chori chori"……

aaj ghar ja ke CD search marni padegi … not sure if these numbers are readily available on CDs

OOOOOOOOOOOO I will check the old video tape I have which I had recorded long long ago from Star Plus - when it used to be the only cable channel we used to have. Grr I hope my stupid vcr behaves and atleast plays if not records.

Gawd I must recollect this song.

I managed to get only two albums recently Marcilo. The rest are not in stock at all. I have informed the staff at the music shop to keep track of them and get me in whatever format available.

The BSOnline site gives two songs for online hearing.. and I was surprised one song has been marked as Asha Bhonsle number!

N
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 29 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Do you remember the Hakuna matata .. it had him featured too!

O yes that is the site I mentioned. I found another BS fan from another group of KK fans who mail chats withe me and is not on any of the fora. Suddenly out of the blue the discussion came about BS being a fan of Guru, stirring old memories of BS.

I juz love him!

N *smile*
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Dec 30 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Thanks guys. Great info and great songs from sites smile1.gif Enjoying his songs right now. Too bad I have never watched any of his songs on video. :|
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 30 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

What had you recorded.. Ice Ice Baby or Thanda Thanda Pani.???

[]
OOOOOOOOOOOO I will check the old video tape I have which I had recorded long long ago from Star Plus - when it used to be the only cable channel we used to have. Grr I hope my stupid vcr behaves and atleast plays if not records.
[quote]

Lucky you…. I had few tapes back home.. aab kaya kidher hoga pata nahi….

I managed to get only two albums recently Marcilo. The rest are not in stock at all. I have informed the staff at the music shop to keep track of them and get me in whatever format available.

.. will have to go and check that when I get home….. one song marked as Asha B number…. If my memory is not parting with me…. I think he sang with Asha B too… but I could be wrong….

The BSOnline site gives two songs for online hearing.. and I was surprised one song has been marked as Asha Bhonsle number!

N

+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 30 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yep…. I do remember Hakuna Matata.. He had done that number with "Anida" for a Disney movie. Not sure whether Disney bought rights for that song from "Boney M" or it was "inspired" from Hakuna Matata from Boney M.

Good to know that there are few more BS fans too…. Ummm BS fan of GURU… never knew about that but its possible….

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 29 2004, 10:27 PM)
Do you remember the Hakuna matata .. it had him featured too!

O yes that is the site I mentioned. I found another BS fan from another group of KK fans who mail chats withe me and is not on any of the fora. Suddenly out of the blue the discussion came about BS being a fan of Guru, stirring old memories of BS.

I juz love him!

N *smile*

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 30 2004, 07:25 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Marcilo I think the song could be Dil dhadke or baba deewana.. cant remember which one.

I have to search for that video tape.. at the moment stuck with a science project of human respiratory system model with my niece *grin*

N *smile*
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 30 2004, 07:37 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Straight Answers -
TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, MARCH 04, 2004 04:31:04 AM ]

Baba Sehgal, Rap Singer, On his tryst with Broadway and return to India:

You have been out of the limelight for quite some time. What were you busy with?

People thought I had fled India because of competition! How can a person like me, who has come out with 19 albums in 11 years, do that?

As for what I was doing, I was singing at a supper club on Broadway. Also, I recorded a single for Puff Daddy's music label and was the guest artiste for another Black Boy R&B artiste.

What's happening on the album front now?

I intend to come out with a single with one of the US biggies, maybe Will Smith or Puff Daddy, in April.

What else keeps you busy?

I am doing live shows. This apart, my wife Anju and I are working on an audio book for children which will be out in the market soon. Moreover, I am ready with Asimran, my first devotional music album.

What do you feel about Indi-pop music?

I personally feel that not a single artiste has an original style. People seem to be interested only in remixes these days -but I guess this trend will start fading out soon.

Why do singers find themselves surrounded by controversy?

Sometimes, when singers go abroad with their troupes, things do go wrong in that they are framed without any plausible reason.

Any plans to enter the Hindi-film scene?

I'm doing the musical score for Nalayak, a crossover film. If an interesting offer comes my way, then I'm game. Vinod Nair

courtesy:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/533734.cms
+Quote Post
Guru
post Dec 30 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 639

He also did the music for one move. It was called Dance Party.

It had songs like

Garam Garam Chai
Cycle Ki Sawaari Hai

Dont know if u have heard them but it was sung by him

Guru
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 30 2004, 09:21 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I remember the Garam garam chaai! But not the other !

Oh gawd one more album to be searched *phew*

Btw he also sang the song Rukmini Rukmini.. shaadi ke baad kya kya hua.. from that Arvindaswamy/Madhu starrer Roja.

Thanks for the info G.

N
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 31 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ok that could be baba deewana…. Name suggests that he would chase any girl to bath room… Ha ha

All the best for science project model… ……

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 30 2004, 07:25 AM)
Marcilo I think the song could be Dil dhadke or baba deewana.. cant remember which one.

I have to search for that video tape.. at the moment stuck with a science project of human respiratory system model with my niece *grin*

N *smile*

+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Dec 31 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ok I remember that movie…. That had Raman Tirka in it… the same guy who appeared in one TV Serial… can't remember the name but I guess it was about high society.

It had funny score… people dancing to tunes of baba sehgal with "bhagwa" cloths….

QUOTE(Guru @ Dec 30 2004, 09:03 AM)
He also did the music for one move. It was called Dance Party.

It had songs like

Garam Garam Chai
Cycle Ki Sawaari Hai

Dont know if u have heard them but it was sung by him

Guru

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 31 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Dec 31 2004, 09:34 PM)
Ok that could be baba deewana…. Name suggests that he would chase any girl to bath room… Ha ha

All the best for science project model… ……

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 30 2004, 07:25 AM)

N *smile*

It was such a lovely catchy tune Marcilo.. ayyyyyyyyyyyo why cant I get it in my head !!!!!!!!!!!!!

N
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:10 AM