Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
pradeepasrani
post Nov 20 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 634

SP

Please accept my compliments too for all the threads you conceive and energetically pursue them till the vey end.

A couple of minor corrections, I may point out:

In Sawan Ki Ghatao Dheere Dheere Aao (Aage Badho), it is Rafi who accompanies Khurshid. This incidently is the first song in which Rafi gives playback for Dev Anand. Rafi also had the rare distinction of singing with three of our legendary actor / actress singers in Saigal, Noorjehan and Khurshid. I do not think he has sung with some of the others like Kanan Devi and Surendranath.

It is unlikely that the non film Bengali song, Rangeela Re, will Be written by G.S.Nepali.

Pradeep

This post has been edited by pradeepasrani: Nov 20 2009, 11:56 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Nov 20 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 20 2009, 04:57 AM) *

(Dev) Aage Badho (1947)

I am uploading four songs from this movie here. Three of the missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Probably more or missing. Requesting members to share the missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this movie ...

Swarapriya

The duet Saawan Ki Ghatao has Rafi as the male lead, not Manna Dey...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Nov 19 2009, 10:24 PM) *

SP

Please accept my compliments too for all the threads you conceive and energetically pursue them till the vey end.

In Sawan Ki Ghatao Dheere Dheere Aao (Aage Badho), it is Rafi who accompanies Khurshid. This incidently is the first song in which Rafi gives playback for Dev Anand. Rafi also had the rare distinction of singing with three of our legendary actor / actress singers in Saigal, Noorjehan and Khurshid. I do not think he has sung with some of the others like Kanan Devi and Surendranath.

It is unlikely that the non film Bengali song, Rangeela Re, will Be written by G.S.Nepali.

Pradeep

Pradeepji,

Thanks for your kind and nice words.

I made changes to both tables to reflect your suggestions. Also, thanks for the observation about Rafi Saab's distinction.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 19 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Swarapriya

The duet Saawan Ki Ghatao has Rafi as the male lead, not Manna Dey...

Thanks Faraaj. I made the changes. Pradeepji also pointed out this out. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Jugnu (1947)

This movie was made by Noor Jehan’s husband, Shaukat Hussain Rizvi. It gave an early but big break for Dilip's career. It was a hit that helped herald Dilip as a force for many years to come. This movie also starred Ghulam Mohammed, the muisc director of “Pakeezah (1971)” fame. Also, in the song “Woh Apni Yaad Dilaane Ko Ek Ishq Ke Duniya Chhod Gaye”, Rafi Saab makes a cameo appearance. This probably was the only movie Rafi Saab appeared on the screen.

Noor Jehan appeared in three movies in 1947 (“Do Bhai”, “Jugnu”, and “Mirza Sahiban”). See the picture attached. “Mirza Sahiban” was her last movie in India before she migrated to Pakistan. Magnificent Noor Jehan who started her career as a child artiste in 1930 made 81 movies in India, 12 of which were silent. In Pakistan she made only 14 movies, 10 in Urdu and four in Punjabi. Her last acting stint was in 1963 in a movie called “Baaji”. After that she exclusively devoted her time to singing until her death in 2000.

I am uploading all of the songs from this film. Some came from CD and others from video. The quality of video songs is just fair. All three songs of Roshanara Begum are of inferior quality. The song by Shamshadji, "Loot Jawani" has a skip nearly 1 minute 55 seconds into the song. Also I am uploading several longer versions in the second post.

Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 22 2009, 02:00 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Jugnu (1947)" Continued ...

Here are extended versions of some of the songs from this album ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 22 2009, 02:00 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
amwhouthinkiam
post Nov 21 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 65650

Thanks for the songs Swarapriya. Been on the lookout for Tum Bhi Bhula Do...for quite sometime.
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Nov 21 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Nov 20 2009, 11:54 AM) *

SP

Pradeep

rafi sahab sang with surendra in hinduatan hamara [1950].
swarpriya,accept my compliments on starting another great thread.

regards,
mahesh

This post has been edited by smahesh: Nov 21 2009, 12:52 PM
+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Nov 21 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 634

QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 21 2009, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Nov 20 2009, 11:54 AM) *

SP

Pradeep

rafi sahab sang with surendra in hinduatan hamara [1950].
swarpriya,accept my thanks on starting another great thread.

regards,
mahesh

Thank you Mahesh Bhai for the information about Rafi's song with Surendranath. Its interesting to see Premnath too joining the duo in the song. Please upload if you have this song.

Thanks

Pradeep
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(amwhouthinkiam @ Nov 20 2009, 07:33 PM) *

Thanks for the songs Swarapriya. Been on the lookout for Tum Bhi Bhula Do...for quite sometime.

You're very welcome. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 20 2009, 07:51 PM) *

swarpriya,accept my compliments on starting another great thread.

regards,
mahesh

Thank you very much Mahesh. Appreciate it. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Nov 21 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 21 2009, 12:58 PM) *

(Dilip) Jugnu (1947)

Here is the first set of songs ...

Swarapriya

Although all the songs in this film are credited to Feroze Nizami in the records, in reality GA Chishti was the MD for Aaj Ki Raat Saaz e Dil. It had something to do with partition....

I have the three versions of Desh Ki Purkaif Rangeen probably from the DVD because there is some dialogue as well. The quality seems satisfactory to me even if not CDQ. If no one u/l's CDQ I'll upload the version I have. I hope its not the same as the one you uploaded, but then I wouldn't call mine inferior quality.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 21 2009, 01:20 AM) *

Swarapriya

Although all the songs in this film are credited to Feroze Nizami in the records, in reality GA Chishti was the MD for Aaj Ki Raat Saaz e Dil. It had something to do with partition....

I have the three versions of Desh Ki Purkaif Rangeen probably from the DVD because there is some dialogue as well. The quality seems satisfactory to me even if not CDQ. If no one u/l's CDQ I'll upload the version I have. I hope its not the same as the one you uploaded, but then I wouldn't call mine inferior quality.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj,

I have updated both of the tables by giving credit to G.A.. Chishti for the song, as you have suggested. Also, the songs of Roshanara Begum, all three songs, were actually from a video. I have edited the songs by deleting all of the dialogues. The songs I have uploaded are the edited versions, even though I was not happy with their quality. May be yours are of better quality. Please go ahead and upload them for everyone's benefit, including myself.

Thanks & Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Shehnai (1947)

This album has several good songs. I haven't heard too many of Binapani Mukherjee's songs, but she has a great voice. Listen to the solo, "Jai Krishna Hare Hare". A real beauty. All songs are of good quality except a couple. One is the song "Jawaani Ki Rail" with Geetaji and I am not certain about the male singer. It didn't sound like either Chitalkar or Kishore. The second song is the extended version of "Maar Kataari". In the beginning of this song there is a lot of noise but later it becomes clearer.

These songs came from various sources including CD and DVDs. I may have gotten some songs through the Forum members. My many thanks.

Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 22 2009, 02:29 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Nov 22 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 22 2009, 06:00 AM) *

(Kishore) Shehnai (1947)

This album has several good songs. I haven't heard too many of Binapani Mukherjee's songs, but she has a great voice. Listen to the solo, "Jai Krishna Hare Hare". A real beauty. All songs are of good quality except a couple. One is the song "Jawaani Ki Rail" with Geetaji and I am not certain about the male singer. It didn't sound like either Chitalkar or Kishore. The second song is the extended version of "Maar Kataari". In the beginning of this song there is a lot of noise but later it becomes clearer.

If the male voice is not that of Kishore in the song "Jawaani Ki Rail", I am really surprised that C. Ramchandra didn't have any songs of Kishore's in this album.

These songs came from various sources including CD and DVDs. I may have gotten some songs through the Forum members. My many thanks.

Now for the songs ...

Jawani Ki Rail is in the voices of Geeta Dutt, Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar. It is one of the first sngs Lata sang for CR, thus starting a melodious partnership that gave us such beuatiful songs but suddenly came to an end.

Aditya

+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:43 PM