Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Music Director Ravi Dead

, sangeet ka safar

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Music Director Ravi Dead, sangeet ka safar
surhall
post Mar 8 2012, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

sangeet ka safar

Latest newsFrom All Sources PTIReuters in All Categories IndiaWorldSportsBusinessEntertainmentTechnologyOthers
Back
inShare.Music director Ravi dead
PTI | 01:03 AM,Mar 08,2012
Mumbai, Mar 7 (PTI) Veteran music director Ravi Shankar Sharma, popularly known as Ravi who gave several hit songs like Chaudhvin Ka Chand Ho" and "Dil Ke Aarman Aansu Bankey Rah Gaye", died here tonight following prolonged illness, family sources said. 86-year-old Ravi, who has composed music for over 70 Hindi and 14 Malayalam films, breathed his last at Bombay Hospital. Sharma’s wife Kanti died long ago and he is survived by son Ajay who is married to Varsha Usgaonkar, a Marathi and Hindi film actress. "He (Ravi) is no more with us. He was keeping ill for a week and was admitted to Bombay Hospital where he passed away today", one of his nephews told PTI. Among the music composer's popular numbers are ‘Chaudhvin Ka Chand Ho’, ‘Tora Man Darpan Kahlaye’, 'Baar Baar Dekho Hazaar Baar Dekho' in Shammi Kapoor-starrer "China Town" (1962), 'Dil Ke Aarman Aansu Bankey Rah Gaye' from "Nikaa" (1982) and 'Milti Hai Zindagi Mey Mohabbat Kabhi Kabhi" from the 1968 movie "Aankhen" starring Dharmendra and Mala Sinha. Ravi began his career in 1955 by composing the music for "Albeli" and went to do the same for movies like "Dilli Ka Thug" (1958), "Humraaz" (1967), "Neelkamal" (1968), "Ek Phool Do Maali" (1969) and "Mehendi" (1984). "Just heard about the demise of composer Ravi saab. He was one of my most favourites. Never got a chance to meet him. Now I won't ever. R.I.P", national award-winning playback singer Shreya Ghoshal wrote on twitter.

dhall

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orbitor13
post Mar 9 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1392

very sad..

R.I.P.

YOU CAN KILL ME BUT YOU CANT JUDGE ME...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:55 AM