Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Bollywood Movies Reviews

, Press reviews and Members' reviews - pls share

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Bollywood Movies Reviews, Press reviews and Members' reviews - pls share
IDOL
post Sep 22 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 16 2010, 11:57 AM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Sep 15 2010, 02:56 AM) *
i have watched so many reviews of this movie on youtube .....all say it's hit.......they say it's made like Wanted

Now watch it.. after all you are Sallu Khan's fan.. wink.gif

I AM NOT... angry.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 22 2010, 04:43 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I watched : Tere Bin Laden.......one word- Hilarios!...don't miss it

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 29 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 75253

Dabangg

Expectations:Honestly wasn't that into it initially. But it's a SALMAN KHAN movie. I usually enjoy Salman Khan movies, there are very few that I have hated, and I also thought Dabanng would be a great watch...so I was willing to give it a chance. But did it live up? Read On!

Story: Many people have said it already, there wasn't much of a story. But haha, it didn't really need a specific story, it worked without it. It actually flowed pretty well, and I wasn't looking at my phone because I was bored or getting irritated with mindless jokes which I was kind of expecting to do This is totally made for the geniune Bollywood movie fan!

Direction: I think this is Abhinav Kashyup's first film right? Great first attempt by him. He really got it right! He brought back Salman Khan the way everyone lowes him. He also got great performances from everyone else as well! Way to go

Songs: Hadn't really been too much into the songs before the film, but OMG. I LOWE THEM NOW! haha. "Ud Ud Dabangg" was great! It started the film in a great mood. I loved the way Salman dances!!!! My favorite step was his belt step.I want my cousins to do it for my wedding. "Tere Mast Mast Do Nain" was sooo sweet and cute! It kind of reminded me of Haule Haule though hehe. "Hum Ko Peene Hain" was another fun song, and again, Salman Khan's dancing was hilarious! "Chori Kiya" was beautiful, loved the Dubai locations they shot at!! Booooootifullllllllll! "Munni Badnaam" the song everyone is and will be talking about for a while. Energetic and Fun! I always thought it was another kind of song, but haha, it was far from that, loved it!!!

Performances:

The ensemble cast of Dimple Kapadia, Vinod Khanna, Anupam Kher and the others was just great! They were all there for as long as they needed to be and no one was unnecessary!

Sonu Sood Oh man. Haha, GREAT performance from him. Seriously wanted to smack him a couple of times. This guy is just awesome. The perfect "hero-like villian". Not really sure I would have liked anyone else to play this role.

Arbaaz Khan Haha, I kind of hated him in the beginning for some reason, but haha, he was actually kinda cute in this movie! He was a great Makki and complimented Salman Khan very well in the film!

Sonakshi Sinha For her first film, and to be opposite a star like Salman Khan she did an awesome job! I'm not so sure many people will appeal to her since she doesn't fit the "usual convention of a Bollywood actress" but I think she can make it! She's pretty, and I think she's got what it takes!

Salman Khan SALMAN KHAN!!!!!!!!! Where have you been? I don't know, but um, haha, WELCOME BACK!!!!!! This was genuine Salman Khan! He was just on par with every emotion in this film. I don't feel that he exaggerated or overdid anything as he usual does!!! I cannot imagine ANYONE else playing Chulbul with such charismatic charm and awesomeness! Salman Khan, do more films like this please!

Favorite Scenes

*Chulbul Pandey's entrance and that whole initial fight sequence commentary he was making.

* The scenes with the Jalwa ringtone :rotfl:Salman Khan's dancing and reaction to it Hilarious!

*Arbaaz Khan's crying scene when he tries to get the money,

* Salman's shirt ripping off at the end fight scene Gosh, the audience went crazy here when that happened! And I have to admit, it was pretty awesome

* When he slaps Makki after apologizing to him .Oh man.That was hilarious!

*Tum Bhot Khatarnak Lagrahiho Aaj"

*I can't remember the exact dialogue but the one where he said he'll shoot him so much, that there will be way too many holes for him to remember where to breathe and where to fart from .

* KHAMOSH!

* The editing!

There's so many more, but haha, These are def my most memorable and favorite scenes and the ones that are coming to my mind right now.

The Negatives

* The fight scene, especially in the beginning was kinda dragged on for too long. Even though I enjoyed it, I felt like it was kinda too much

* Wish there were more Arbaaz-Salman scenes!

* Wish there was more of an actual story!

OVERALL This is a film for the Bollywood crazed fan. This is a film for Indians who want to see India, and not the International locales of various countries! This a film for people who want to watch films like they did in the 90s. This is a film for people who want to go to the theater and not think too much or not to have to leave their brain at home either. This is a must watch for Salman Khan fans. They will not be dissappointed! I actually feel like everyone should watch it, but I know this isn't really everyone's cup of tea. I can't wait for the DVD!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 30 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

i watched Dabang too.......

hmm...good comedy scenes......that is what i liked about the movie....though sometimes sounded very silly too............didn't like the fighting scenes coaz basically salman is not human, he's superman/ spiderman/the hulk or whatever....at least spiderman gets hit and falls down sometimes, but he doesn't.....so that was the yawning/ "whatever" part.......overall, an ok movie.....i'd rate 2.5/5....

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 30 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Finally got to see Tere Bin Laden! A critically acclaimed movie.. was worth the watch!!

Love Ali Zafar in the main role!! He is cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wub.gif

A nice fun movie to watch over a weekend!! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 30 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Once upon a time in Mumbai..

Phew I am unable to sit through the underworld don kinda stories these days.. sad.gif

Emraan Hashmi noooooooooooooooooooooooooo in any role he keeps me away from screen sad.gif
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Oct 1 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 30 2010, 02:22 AM) *

Finally got to see Tere Bin Laden! A critically acclaimed movie.. was worth the watch!!

Love Ali Zafar in the main role!! He is cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wub.gif

that bin laden guy?? lol he sure was funny.. with his dialect .. aande.. and murgiyaan...

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Oct 1 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 30 2010, 02:23 AM) *

Phew I am unable to sit through the underworld don kinda stories these days.. sad.gif

Emraan Hashmi noooooooooooooooooooooooooo in any role he keeps me away from screen sad.gif

oh i have to admit.. great movie.. and what a background score... i will have to look up who provided that.. hats off

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 1 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 1 2010, 12:12 AM) *
QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 30 2010, 02:22 AM) *

that bin laden guy?? lol he sure was funny.. with his dialect .. aande.. and murgiyaan...

Not him.. yes Bin Laden guy was real funny! laugh.gif I was talking about the youngster Ali Hassan who wants to go to the US. wub.gif He is a well known Pakistani pop singer too. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 1 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 1 2010, 12:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 30 2010, 02:23 AM) *

oh i have to admit.. great movie.. and what a background score... i will have to look up who provided that.. hats off

I did not watch the full movie. huh.gif Yeah songs are great.. Pee Loon Tere Neele... but featured on EH ninja.gif Music is by Pritam. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 1 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Anjaana Anjaani - Movie review
By: Sarita Tanwar Date: 2010-10-01 Place: Mumbai

Mid Day

Anjaana Anjaani
U/A; Romance
Dir: Siddharth Anand
Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Zayed Khan
Raitng: ***

What it's about: A film based on relationships with just two central protagonists is a challenging premise and more difficult to tackle. You don't have the liberty of add-on characters, side-tracks or even momentary breaks and fillers. A film of this kind is largely dependant on the screenplay and the chemistry between the lead pair. That's what makes Sajid Nadiadwala's Anjaana Anjaani, directed by Siddharth Anand, unique in its own way and rather different from what you've seen in the year so far. It's the story of Kiara (Priyanka Chopra) and Akash (Ranbir Kapoor) who meet one night during the worst point in their lives. They've given up all hope and want to end their lives. After a few failed attempts, they both realise that perhaps they have some unfinished business to take care of before their time is up. They give themselves 20 days in which to complete their mission and then meet their end together. They make a pact to spend these days making all their dreams come true. In the process, the inevitable happens and come D-day, things change.

What's good: Although it's been said that the premise has been lifted from a few foreign films including Girl On The Bridge, this is quite a novel effort by Siddharth Anand. A truly defining love story comes along rarely - the rest all tell the same stories in different ways. Anand, who has given us Salaam Namaste and Bachna Ae Haseeno earlier, begins this one at a leisurely pace. He spends a good amount of time establishing his two main characters because they're the crux of the film. Once you're engaged with Kiara and Akash, there's no looking back. You laugh with them, enjoy their antics, understand their predicaments and root for them. Just when you feel things are slackening a bit, Anand adds a twist and revs up the proceedings. A love story without new faces is a tough task but the film's freshness lies in the romantic quotient between Kiara and Akash. From their failed suicide attempts to their escapades on land and in water, it's a fun-filled ride. The second half is actually when the film gets into full gear when the couple embarks on a road trip across the United States. Impeccably shot, the film is a visual treat with producer Sajid Nadiadwala going all the way to give it that larger-than-life feel. Anjaana Anjaani is not a complicated love story; it's still heartfelt and even heartbreaking at times. The performances are top-notch -- Priyanka Chopra is at her casual and spontaneous best. She embraces the character completely and makes it totally believable. Ranbir Kapoor continues his rock-steady run and is one of the main factors that make the film so poignant. From facing failure to rediscovering joy to coping with pain, he captures every emotion beautifully in the role of a lifetime. It's amazing how this young actor scales a new high with every film and every performance. Tanvi Azmi and Suneha Khanna in bit roles are delightful.

What's not: The inconsistency in the pace of the film is a hindrance. There are also cliches that Siddharth could've avoided. The cheating boyfriend asking for forgiveness and then driving his ex-girlfriend to her new love is a bit outdated. The director also hasn't focused much on his lead pair's relationships with other characters, which leaves many gaps. A lot of the second half reminds you of Jab We Met -- that's where the screenplay needed some new quotient. A love story works wonders when embellished with great music -- except two tracks, Anjaana Anjaani doesn't offer anything exceptional on that front. That's why when the songs try to take the story forward, the result isn't as effective. The Zayed Khan track, irrespective of its length, needed one strong scene to enhance the character.

What to do: Get romantic in the season of action. Watch AA to believe in love once more.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 4 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Anjaana Anjaani Review, Includes Spoilers!

Expectations:Yes, I certainly has some. After all, this is my favorite director's film! Priyanka falls into my favorite actresses category, and Ranbir, he is def my favorite these days out of the new lot. I was expecting fun yet seriousness. I have enjoyed all of Sid's previous directorials, all of Ranbir's films, (with the exception of Saawariya), and most of Priyanka's films have been enjoyable as well. So were Sid, Ranbir, and Priyanka able to meet my expectations? READ ON! biggrin.gif

Story:From the previews I saw on TV, I was imagining something else, I hate reading stuff online, since usually when you read something, some part of the plot gets given away, so I had no idea what this movie was about. I liked the concept, it was a new twist on how "strangers" meet and fall in love, Most of the movies we watch have the same plot, two people who don't know each other, cross paths, hate each other, then like each other, blah blah. This was novel in making that same old story look new and different. I won't say much more as i'm afraid I will give something away. I was predicting certain things to happen, and, I was SO WRONG! So to me, when things aren't so predictable in a movie. I enjoy it biggrin.gif

Direction: Siddarth Anand's 4th film. I have enjoyed all of his previous films. Salaam Namaste being my favorite. I can safely say that with Anjaana Anjaani, Sid has matured as director. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is Sid's FINEST work yet. My mouth was open with so much shock and just excitement throughout the whole film. The last time this happened to me at a movie was MNIK! I was smiling the whole time, and just could not stop! Sid, you did AN AMAZING JOB with this film, seriously. He brought out some very different performances from the lead pair, and it just really worked for him! I will stop here, as I can go on and on complimenting Mr. Anand, but haha, I will never stop tongue1.gif

Songs:Loved them before seeing the film! Were the picturizations good enough??? "Anjaana Anjaani" was very fun, and haha, all though the dance was cheesy as heck, it was really catchy. Gosh, Ranbir is just a great dancer. I loved the way he danced in this song! " Tumse Hi Tumse" wasn't too fond of it before, but I actually really like it now! The video was soooo cute. I liked how Ranbir was imagining himself, kinda cute! Also, the whole sequence with the costumes, hahaah, GREAT! The audience cheered for Batman and Superman here, no joke laugh.gif "Hairat", fun song! Loved the picturization! Kinda wish there was more in it though sad1.gif "Aas Paas Khuda" lovely picturization once again! "I feel Good" I kinda thought this one wasn't needed, but it was again, very cute biggrin.gif "Tujhe Bhula Diya" I thought of something else when I imagined this song, but, the picturization was decent!

Performances:

There weren't too many characters besides Akash's(Ranbir) friends, and haha, Priyanka's friend, but they were all decent, and I'm glad there wasn't much of them in the film!

I'm not sure if people know this person is in the film, so I won't give it away, you can highlight if you want to know biggrin.gif
Zayed Khan: I actually totally forgot he was in the movie tongue1.gif So when he came on screen, haha, we got excited( Yes, we are fans!) and squealed biggrin.gif I miss him so much!!!!!! He was decent as Kunal. Even though you aren't supposed to feel bad for him, I kind of did, only because I was imagining something else from his character:P It was great to see him!

Priyanka Chopra: I'll be honest, there were a couple times when she laughed and I got a little annoyed. However, that was it. I LOVED HER! She was a very fun and vibrant character, well, not when she was trying to, you know tongue1.gif I'm not really sure she has played a character like this, but she fit the role of Kiara perfectly! Also. I LOVED HER HAIR! I actually want to cut my hair now, but i'll have to wait till after my wedding

Ranbir Kapoor: Freakin Adorable I tell you! I felt like hugging him, he just looked like a teddy bear! haha. Anywho. Loved him in this movie, he was a mature, yet very fun character. He balanced both VERY well. He has so many emotions sprouting from him, and seriously, You felt for him! Well Done Ranbir!!!!!

Favorite Scenes: This part def includes spoilers, so don't read this if you plan to be surprised when watching the movie.

* Kiara and Akash meet on the Bridge. And Kiara won't shut up!

* Kiara and Akash escape the hospital, or whatever that place was.

* Kiara and Akash try to kill themselves with the Saranwrap and Gas.

* Swimming in the Atlantic Ocean, and well, the whole "Peeing in the Ocean" sequence.

* "What is this, Pee Revenge" :rofl:

*Kunal and Kiara's love story, until, the "incident"

* I AM A DISCO DANCER :dance: Oh man, and the scene that comes after, when they trick John , and the car breaks down, and the whole "AAL IZ WELL" thing laugh.gif

* Ranbir was hilarious when they bumped into "Peshto" in Vegas, the way he said her name cracked me up!

* "Say bye to the house" :rofl:

*The ending scene with the proposal in the water!

btw. the Crossguard, from the beginning and in the end, that was "Gupta" from The Terminal laugh.gif If anyone remembers.

* Also, Sid Anand's son makes an appearance in the film, he's Deven's son haha, cuteness that Ranveer is!

* Special Note: I LOVE THE WAY THIS FILM WAS SHOT!!!! We've seen NYC countless times in several Indian movies, but this was totally different way of shooting it, I felt like I was right in the heart of NYC. And just recently, we saw SF in MNIK, but, I didn't see anything too similar except the whole city shot. I seriously loved the way it was shot!

If any more scenes come into my head, I'll add them on later tongue1.gif

The Negatives

* How did they get out of the hospital so quickly in the beginning? And I felt like when they came out of it, they landed on the set of Tara Rum Pum laugh.gif

* If Kiara lived in SF, why was she in NYC? Visiting? That was a bit confusing?

* Rachel, why was she so ugly :rotfl: Like, they could have gotten someone a little decent looking tongue1.gif

OVERALL: I'd say, if you are in the mood for something fun and lighthearted...WATCH IT! It's not as crazy as Dabangg or anything. It has the right pinch of everything in it. Ranbir fans...YOU SHOULD WATCH IT! This is one of my favorite performances of his. Priyanka fans will enjoy it, she just will do that to you! So, def if you are a fan of Ranbir or Priyanka, watch it! And of course if you are a Sid fan like me biggrin.gif :dance: Totally worth my money :dance: Yay! And yes, def falls into one of my favorite films of 2010! There aren't that many mind you, I've only really loved My Name is Khan and Dabangg this much this year!

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Oct 8 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In my case, so far i liked Tere Bin Laden as best comedy in last two/three years.........other than that any bollywood movie i watched in 2010 did not impress me very very much.....all seem average....

i watched anjaana and anjaani....okayish.....nothing new....for story, 1.5/5....for making and carrying it out 2.5/5.

I can't wait for Guzaarish......my fav director SLB wub.gif

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 8 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Do Dooni Chaar: Movie Review

7 October 2010, 12:48pm ISTlGaurav Malani/INDIATIMES MOVIES

Director: Habib Faisal
Cast: Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh, Aditi Vasudev, Archit Krishna
Rating: 3/5

Do not put two and two together and presume that a small-budget film without any big star value would end up being an average fare. Do Dooni Chaar is delightfully different cinema. It has a solid story idea supported by some excellent acting talents.

Never has the middleclass family been portrayed on the Indian screen with such authenticity since Sai Paranjape’s films or, in more recent times, with the likes of Khosla Ka Ghosla . So here you have a mathematics schoolteacher Santosh Duggal (Rishi Kapoor) who struggles to make ends meet for his family of four. Wife Kusum Duggal (Neetu Kapoor) manages the domestic arithmetic by keeping a tab on the household expenses. Daughter Payal Duggal (Aditi Vasudev) desires for an affluent lifestyle and son Sandy Duggal (Archit Krishna) secretly attempts to upgrade his standard of living by dabbling into betting business.

Santosh’s extra earnings from coaching classes can’t suffice his middleclass family’s high class aspirations. Even a measly raise in monthly income in the form of trivial tax returns has too many takers. But the real journey starts when the scooter-ridden Santosh Duggal decides to buy his family a four wheeler. Careworn between car models, bank loans, EMI and down payments, Santosh attempts everything possible to make his automobile fantasy turn into reality.

The entire film runs on a single conflict (Duggals purchasing a car), yet at no point the narrative gets one-dimensional or monotonous. The solitary dream that the protagonists passionately chase through the film bring back memories of neo-realistic classics like Do Bigha Zameen or the Iranian gem Children of Heaven . However the film, at no point, gets depressing and director Habib Faisal keeps the proceedings lighthearted yet pragmatic throughout and also opts for a happy yet achievable end.

What makes you connect compellingly with the chronicles of the Duggal family is the fact that, at some point or the other in life, you must have certainly come across such characters, conflicts or crisis. The car basically stands as an allegory for anything that you sought or strived to achieve in life. The writing by Habib Faisal and Rahil Qazi is very optimistic and laden with eventful episodes that keep you engaged. The characters are strongly developed, straight out of real life, charming and ones that you can easily relate to. The dialogues have a strong Delhi flavour and are funny, witty and, at times, very thoughtful.

Though Santosh Duggal is susceptible to situations, what makes him a true hero is the fact that he never resorts to anything dishonest. Yet the film never gets preachy in its outlook, despite the fact that Santosh is a teacher. Even when he gets to know about his son’s wrongdoings, rather than getting livid, he takes his son for a roadside feast and strikes a conversation which is casual yet so mature. This well-worded scene is one of the warmest father-son relationships portrayed onscreen in a long long time. Santosh’s bonding with his younger sister (Supriya Shukla) is so endearingly hilarious. Interestingly the younger generation Duggal siblings have no saccharine-coated affection for each other and are absolutely indifferent of each other’s existence – so very characteristic of today’s youth.

Director Habib Faisal resorts to minimalism in narrating a decent and delectable family drama. The characters he creates are likeable and their conflicts are relatable. The climax could have been more interesting. Nevertheless the movie succeeds in sustaining a sweet smile on your face throughout its runtime and that’s an achievement for a debutante director.

Art director Mukund Gupta perfectly sets the ambience for a middleclass house crammed with furnishings. The music by Meet Brothers is peppy and goes with the flow of the film. Aarti Bajaj crisply edits the film never letting you lose the narrative.

This is the perfect return ‘vehicle’ for Neetu Kapoor who gets to portray a well-etched character. Despite playing a mother, she gets to play the central protagonist and is not relegated to being a part of the secondary cast. Both, her beauty and her performance prowess, have not diluted one bit over the years. To see Rishi Kapoor play a suitable and sensible lead character is a treat. The vulnerability, spontaneity and maturity that he brings to Santosh Duggal is admirable. The chemistry between Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor is never exaggerated in the film and yet they seem to be so comfortably compatible with each other.

Both the kids – Aditi Vasudev and Archit Krishna are gifted natural actors, unlike the typical sugarcoated children in most films. They play their parts to perfection. Supriya Shukla and Rajesh Vivek are hilarious. The casting of the film is flawless with even the secondary cast actors coming up with impeccable performances.

This is ‘car’efully crafted charming cinema. Do not miss Do Dooni Chaar !

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Oct 12 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

see, it is a good movie.....and i did not know Ali Zafar was Pakistani wub.gif .....no wonder they got Urdu and Pakistani humor right wub.gif

QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 30 2010, 12:22 AM) *

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:43 AM