Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bollywood News

, All the latest bolly gossip

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bollywood News, All the latest bolly gossip
Dimple
post Jul 23 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16381

When Shah Rukh lost his cool !!!
by Amit Roy

It is indeed tough time for Yash Raj Films. We hear that after strings of flops Yash Raj's upcoming films Chak De India and Lagaa Chunari Mein Daag are also undergoing some problems.

"Shimit has tendency to shoot the same scene over and over again, even when everyone present there could see that a take was fine, really got on SRK's nerves," says a source on the sets.Another major difference arose during the post production of the film when director Shimit approved the earlier promos of Chak De India which was screened with Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

Chak De’s other problem is the Women’s Hockey Association who have been demanding a screening of the film prior to its release.

President of the Women’s Hockey Association of India, Vidya Stoke says, “We want to see the movie before its release. Yash Chopra sought help from us and we were more than happy to help them thinking that it would create awareness about the sport in the country. They took a lot of inputs from us.”

The film is based on a girl’s hockey team and Vidya claims, “we need to have an idea about how they have portrayed women’s hockey in the film. If they are portraying us in a bad light, we are going to take serious action against them.”

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Jul 24 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Buzz doing the rounds is that Shah Rukh Khan was very impressed with Sivaji: The Boss director Shankar after he saw the Rajnikant starrer.

And apparently Shankar has approached SRK for his next venture, supposedly, a sci-fi flick.

The same project for which he had considered Hrithik Roshan.

A source close to the director says, “Shankar wanted Hrithik but it seems that he won’t be able to do the film because he has already committed to his father Rakesh Roshan for Krrish 2.

Now, Shankar has approached SRK and he has agreed.” It is also learnt that SRK will be producing the film for Shankar with the post-production in the USA. “Since Krrish, Shah Rukh has been keen on making a sci-fi film.

He agreed to do Ram Gopal Varma’s Time Machine, but Ramu shelved the project because he wanted to remake Sholay with Amitabh,” adds the source. SRK and sci-fi — now that’s some combo!

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Jul 24 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Bollywood continues to ape Hollywood
23rd July 2007 23.46 IST
By N. K. Deoshi

It is something one would acknowledge with embarrassment rather than pride. The fact is that movies in Bollywood still continue to remain poor copies of Hollywood flicks.

This truth was never obscure. For decades Hollywood has “inspired” Hindi film industry in such a way that some filmmakers simply resort to copy-and-paste formula rather than putting their own creative faculties to some productive use. But for how long can such shameless pilfering continue?

Just a mere comparison of some of the recent Bollywood releases with certain Hollywood flicks will show how “creative” and “talented” filmmakers in Hindi film industry are.

Last week’s release Partner , for instance, is almost scene-by-scene copy of Hollywood director Andy Tennant’s 2005 romantic comedy ‘Hitch’, starring Will Smith, Eva Mendes, Kevin James and Amber Valletta. Similarities between the two movies will shock you. Even the camera angles in scenes showing Katrina Kaif’s conference room or the climax scene on a boat are ditto the same as in ‘Hitch’.

And if we take last-to-last week’s release Naqaab , we find the film to be a copy of Hollywood flick ‘Dot The I’, which was made in 2003. The scenes and situations in ‘Naqaab’ are unabashedly lifted from the Hollywood thriller.

Anyway, Abbas-Mastan , whom many in Mumbai would choose to call “masters of thriller genre”, have a history of lifting films and ideas from flicks across the Atlantic.

Their Baazigar (which set off Shah Rukh Khan’s career) was a rehash of ‘A Kiss Before Dying’. Aitraaz was a copy of ‘Disclosure’, and Ajnabee a copy of ‘Consenting Adults’.

Among films by other directors in last few months, there were movies like The Train and Raqeeb which were ripped off from Hollywood's ‘Derailed’ and ‘Murder by Natural Causes’, respectively.

But the most shocking thing this year was to see a reputed production house like Yashraj Films back a movie that had very little original material in it. In case you are wondering, I am talking about Tara Rum Pum .

Its director Siddharth Anand tried to play cleverly. Instead of lifting one film start-to-finish, he borrowed from a number of flicks. So while many portions of ‘Tara Rum Pum’ resembled the Tom Cruise starrer ‘Days Of Thunder’, there were scenes and situations in the second half that were shamelessly copied from Italian film ‘Life Is Beautiful’.

While the list of Hollywood copies in Bollywood may go on and on, the point to note is that there is a fine line between “being inspired” and copying.

When Ram Gopal Varma gave his own Indianized interpretation to Francis Ford Coppola’s ‘The Godfather’ as Sarkar , it was a clear case of being inspired. Another case of being inspired is Vishal Bharadwaj adapting Shakespeare’s works to Indian milieu in his films like Maqbool and Omkara .

The bottom line is: filmmakers in our industry ought to have a little bit of self-respect and conscience to apply their own creative imagination rather than to copy things from Hollywood. Unless that happens our Hindi film industry will be called by the same embarrassing name – Bollywood.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 24 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7761

Success mantras from Himesh Reshammiya

- Syed Firdaus Ashraf

It was a dream he just had to achieve, and he was willing to do whatever it took.

At the age of 16, when most of us worry about college admissions, Himesh Reshammiya was producing his first television serial.

This was the first step in the final direction he wanted to take -- of becoming a successful music composer.

The second step in that direction came when he was 25, and he approached the man he credits his success to (after, of course, God and his parents) -- Salman Khan.

The first film Himesh scored music for was the Salman starrer, Bandhan. The second, and it was this film that got the industry to sit up and take notice, was the Salman-Kajol hit, Pyar Kiya Tho Darna Kya.

Himesh was on a roll and, despite constant criticism from reviewers, the composer churned out hit after foot-tapping hit. To his fans, he could do no wrong.

Then, Himesh sang. His voice, since he debuted with Aashiq banaya aapne [Images], has been much mocked as being too nasal. Yet, the masses were with him. Himesh's voice too was a huge hit.

On June 29, he released his first film as actor. Aap Ka Suroor gave the film industry a much needed hit; Himesh carpers were, once again, forced to eat their collective hats.

It might look like the man has charmed Lady Luck, but Himesh says you cannot downplay hard work.

Here, in his own words, are Himesh's suggestions on what has worked for him as a singer and music composer:

* First and foremost, every newcomer should believe in God. He should also have the blessings of his parents.

* Next, I feel your voice must come from your heart. This is important because, if you are an artiste, you have to be creative. You should not think of business while performing your art. This advice holds true for every artiste, irrespective of what he is doing. He could even be a struggling singer.

* You should be workaholic. Your mind and soul must be completely involved in your work all the time. This is how you will achieve success.

* Luck also plays an important part in your life; if God is on your side, you can strike gold.

* You can never ignore your riyaaz; you have to do it all the time. If you get a chance to be on shows like Zee Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, grab the opportunity. This will at least give you the chance to be heard on a larger platform.

* Don't imitate any of the established singers as you will never be able achieve their singing style.

You must develop your own style. You must have an element in your voice that will make it sound different from the existing singers.

You cannot imitate a top singer and oust him from his post; he is at the top because of his own unique style.

I think it was my destiny to achieve my own style and become successful.

* A word of caution when you get your first success. You must never get carried away by your success; many people tend to do so after they achieve success in the initial stages of their life. Your feet must be on the ground all the time. You should never give up your riyaaz (practice) even if you are climbing ladder of success or have become successful.

* If you are a music director, keep your bank of music ready. After Aashiq Banaya Aapne, I kept a bank of music ready and never took my success for granted.

I always feel like I am a newcomer in the industry and work hard to make it big. I never take the audiences and my fans for granted.

I know that I can never rest on my past laurels. I have to deliver better results all the time. I work harder to make it every time I sit to compose a new song.

* Never take your critics lightly. You must always try to win them over by your hard work. Don't brush them off.

Some critics have said I don't do good work. Then I composed the music for Benares and the critics loved it. Unfortunately, the public did not.

Despite this, I would say you need to take criticism the right way. Try to win over the people who don't like your music or voice by trying harder and doing better.

Source: Rediff
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sholay to be called Aag, Gabbar is now Babban

Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma’s much hyped remake of Sholay was re-titled as Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag. Delhi High court has approved the release of the remake of Ramesh Sippy’s Sholay by changing the title of the film. Delhi High Court has approved his films new name and also ordered him to change all character names. The most popular character of the film Gabbar Singh will be called Babban Singh, Basanti has been renamed as Ghungroo, Veeru as Virendra Chavan, Radha as Devi and Jai and Jai Ranade. While the other characters from the original film like Soorma Bhopali and Sambha have been changed to Rambhabhai and Tambhe. Producer G. P. Sippy’s grandson Sascha Sippy and Shan Uttam Singh had filed a lawsuit to permanently restrain Varma from releasing the film. The court has asked them to push their remaining claims in this matter after watching the film.
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Praveen Bharadwaj refuses to do lyrics for Mahesh Bhatt

Lyricist Praveen Bharadwaj who has given lyrics to more than 100 films and 25 music albums has refused to do films with Mahesh Bhatt with whom he had worked on many films at one point of time in his career. One wonders why the fallout between the two despite Bhardwaj wrote hit songs for Mahesh Bhatt’s films like Gunaah, Saaya and Inteha. Praveen laments, “I charge a certain amount for my services. It may look too high to some people, but those are my charges. After the recording of Saaya, Mahesh Bhatt paid me an amount that cannot be mentioned. I just refused the payment. Post that I wrote lyrics for only one song each for his next two films. And both these songs ‘Dil Chura Liya’ from Saaya and ‘Ab Humse Akela Raha Jaye Na’ from Inteha were hits. Incidentally Praveen claims he charges only second to Javed Akhtar.
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

BIG Music to release 'Dhamaal', 'Go' music

BIG Music has acquired the music rights of DHAMAAL. Directed by Indra Kumar with music by Adnan Sami, the film stars Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Javed Jaffrey, Ritesh Deshmukh and Ashish Chowdhry. The music will be released on 10th August.

BIG Music has also acquired the music rights of Ramgopal Varma’s GO. Starring Gautam Gupta and Nisha Kothari and directed by Manish Srivastav, it has music by Sneha Khanwalker. Its music will also be released on 10th August.

Meanwhile, BIG Music has released of music of 'Cash' and 'Marigold' in Pakistan. The music cassettes and CDs of both the films are already available in the local markets there.
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

List of 2007 Movie Releases
(courtesy: Hamaraphotos)

http://www.hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/2007-movie-releases

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

It's a baby boy for Sonu Nigam

Singer Sonu Nigam has become a proud father. His wife Madhurima delivered a baby boy on Thursday, July 26. Both, the mother and the baby are in good health. Sonu has taken a short break from work to spend quality time with his wife and baby. He informs that he is enjoying his new found father status with his family in USA. Sonu has named the baby boy as Nevaan (which means holy).

Sonu plans to return India in September.

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Kaafila becomes 1st film to get simultaneous Indo-Pak release

Kaafila’ becomes the first film in the history of Indian cinema to get a simultaneous Indo-Pak release. With a high court ruling in Pakistan enabling full clearance for the film, more than 20 trailors are on air in the theatres in Pakistan from July 27. With the buzz and expectations rising for ‘Kaafila’, there is further demand for the trailors in Pakistan as well. The film is slated for an August 10 release all over the world.

Says Amtoje Maan, "We are very happy that ‘Kaafila’, which is based on human trafficking that is of global concern today, is being screened in India, Pakistan and the world over at the same time. We are looking at the film forging relationships between our countries further."

‘Kaafila’ is written-directed by Amtoje Maan who also stars in the film besides Sunny Deol as the main protagonist, Sana Nawaz, Mona Lisa and Polina Stoynova among others.
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Aug 6 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

kiran kher said on AVS saturday that it was funny that Sunny Deol is her son in Apne while both have the same age biggrin.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 7 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Thieves broke into the ancestral home of Sanjay Dutt in Mandoli village of Yamunanagar, early on Saturday morning. His uncle Som Dutt and his wife were not home, as they had left for Bombay about two weeks back, in connection with the TADA court's verdict on the actor.

As per sources, the thieves decamped with cash, jewellery and other articles valued between Rs 6 - 7 lakhs. The Dutts own farm land in the village. Deewan Suraj Dutt, a cousin of late Sunil Dutt, said Som Dutt has been informed about the theft.

For those who don't know, Sanjay Dutt's father, late Sunil Dutt, along with his mother Kulwanti Devi, sister Rani and brother Som Dutt, has settled in Mandoli village of Yamunanagar in Haryana, after partition.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 8 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

No LoC at Wagah this August 15!
4 Aug 2007, 0000 hrs IST,Nicole Dastur,TNN

India and Pakistan unite for concert at Attari-Wagah border.

War is not the only thing that takes place at the India-Pakistan Attari-Wagah border. This August 15 (which marks the 60th year of independence for both India and Pakistan), instead of gunshots and bomb blasts, you will see, rather hear, the sweet sound of music at the border.

For the first time in 60 years, both the nations will celebrate their independence days together, through the universal language of music.
This cross-border musical extravaganza will have musicians from both the countries — A R Rahman, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Atif Aslam and Shafqat Amanat Ali — performing from 11 pm on August 14 to 1 am on August 15, on twin stages on either side of the border.

Live performances will alternate from one stage to the other, visible to the entire live audience, no matter which side of the border they are seated. More so, the concert will also be telecast live across the two nations, thereby enabling India and Pakistan to be able to witness it together.

Elaborating on this one-of-a-kind unison, Rakesh Gupta, Secretary of the NGO Routes 2 Roots that has put this show together, says that the aim of the concert is to help bring harmony between warring countries. “Friendship and harmony can only come from people to people contact.

Different cultures should come together to celebrate their differences, therein finding their similarities,” says Rakesh, continuing, “For the first time in three generations, Indians and Pakistanis will unite to commemorate their shared struggle and ultimate achievement: the birth of two free nations.” Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, who strongly believes in the power of music, adds, “Music transcends all boundaries and this concert truly has that, with people of both the countries attending the event. For years, artists have travelled to the other side to perform, but now, artists from both the countries will perform together. It’s a great honour to be part of such a historical event and to use our talent for a noble cause that tries to bring together two long lost friends.”

And that’s not all. Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla and former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akam and Pakistani designer Shaiyanne Malik will also be present there, to host the event. “It will be a historic occasion of unparalled magnitude.

For the first time ever, people of both the countries will come together to celebrate their independence. India and Pakistan are like siblings and through this concert we can show the world that people of both the countries truly love each other, irrespective of any other perception. By coming together, we can be an example of peace and harmony to the world,” says Shah Rukh Khan of this mega musical event.

In this day and age of war and terror, this musical endeavour to promote global peace and harmony and build heart-to-heart connections amongst India and Pakistan, is something that will make this Independence day that much more special.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 9 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Salman poaching case papers missing
By: PTI
August 8, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahmedabad: There has been no headway in a case of poaching registered in Kutch against actor Salman Khan, already convicted in two similar cases in Rajasthan, due to the mysterious disappearance of some important papers.

Gujarat's forest department initially probed the case and then sought its closure for want of evidence. The state government then asked the CID to re-investigate the case involving Salman, who was accused of having killed two chinkaras during the shooting of "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam" in Kutch in 1998, official sources said.

The CID has repeatedly asked the forest department to provide it with documents related to the case but the latter's reply that the papers were missing has confounded sleuths and virtually grounded the probe, the sources said.

"The statements of witnesses and other documents related to the inquiry conducted by forest officials are missing from our records. We have not been able to find them," R Meena, Conservator of Forests (Kutch Circle), told PTI.

"The state government and the CID have been told about the disappearance of the papers related to the chinkara hunting case involving Salman and the initiation of a departmental inquiry against those concerned," he said.

Salman has appealed against his conviction in two poaching cases in Rajasthan and a court in Jodhpur will give its decision on one of these appeals on August 24.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 12 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

India and Pakistan unite for concert at Attari-Wagah border.

War is not the only thing that takes place at the India-Pakistan Attari-Wagah border. This August 15 (which marks the 60th year of independence for both India and Pakistan), instead of gunshots and bomb blasts, you will see, rather hear, the sweet sound of music at the border.

For the first time in 60 years, both the nations will celebrate their independence days together, through the universal language of music.
This cross-border musical extravaganza will have musicians from both the countries — A R Rahman, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Atif Aslam and Shafqat Amanat Ali — performing from 11 pm on August 14 to 1 am on August 15, on twin stages on either side of the border.

Live performances will alternate from one stage to the other, visible to the entire live audience, no matter which side of the border they are seated. More so, the concert will also be telecast live across the two nations, thereby enabling India and Pakistan to be able to witness it together.

Elaborating on this one-of-a-kind unison, Rakesh Gupta, Secretary of the NGO Routes 2 Roots that has put this show together, says that the aim of the concert is to help bring harmony between warring countries. “Friendship and harmony can only come from people to people contact.

Different cultures should come together to celebrate their differences, therein finding their similarities,” says Rakesh, continuing, “For the first time in three generations, Indians and Pakistanis will unite to commemorate their shared struggle and ultimate achievement: the birth of two free nations.” Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, who strongly believes in the power of music, adds, “Music transcends all boundaries and this concert truly has that, with people of both the countries attending the event. For years, artists have travelled to the other side to perform, but now, artists from both the countries will perform together. It’s a great honour to be part of such a historical event and to use our talent for a noble cause that tries to bring together two long lost friends.”

And that’s not all. Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla and former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akam and Pakistani designer Shaiyanne Malik will also be present there, to host the event. “It will be a historic occasion of unparalled magnitude.

For the first time ever, people of both the countries will come together to celebrate their independence. India and Pakistan are like siblings and through this concert we can show the world that people of both the countries truly love each other, irrespective of any other perception. By coming together, we can be an example of peace and harmony to the world,” says Shah Rukh Khan of this mega musical event.

In this day and age of war and terror, this musical endeavour to promote global peace and harmony and build heart-to-heart connections amongst India and Pakistan, is something that will make this Independence day that much more special.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:28 PM