Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Karaoke Songs

, Mmmmmmmm, Oooooooo Aaaaaaaaa.............

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Karaoke Songs, Mmmmmmmm, Oooooooo Aaaaaaaaa.............
skater
post Aug 31 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23005

Good one, thanks for sharing!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Sep 10 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 4348

Continuing with my Karaoke Tributes To Rafi........excuses, excuses.......just love trying to sing biggrin.gif

Yahan Mein Ajnabi Hoon

Check out the Pic where Rafi Saab is giving his mobile number to the Chic, there's smirk on Rafi Saabs face and complete adoration from the smitten chic sleep.gif
+Quote Post
sanjkash
post Sep 11 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9573

Very well done AnwarFan Bhai.
Sanjay
+Quote Post
noorie
post Sep 23 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 10 2007, 03:44 PM) *

Check out the Pic where Rafi Saab is giving his mobile number to the Chic, there's smirk on Rafi Saabs face and complete adoration from the smitten chic sleep.gif

Anwar Fan! Take that back. chase.gif

No, he does not. spank.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Sep 26 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 23 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Noorie

Noorie, the word “smirk” also has positive connotations, depends on ones perception/interpretation; in it’s context it isn’t inappropriate………but then again U’re only a woman, what do you know ohmy.gif (meri tho pitayee hone waliy hai shayad) sad.gif

The thing is right, all blokes who will view that picture will know, understand and sense exactly what Rafi saab is thinking (YES!) cool.gif

Erm........this is a loosing battle.......erm.......Noorie, Meri Pyari Paree Jaisi Bahen........Ramzan Ka Mahina Hai.........quarreling makes Roza makrooh.........bye (bhaago laugh.gif )

+Quote Post
noorie
post Sep 26 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 26 2007, 12:41 AM) *

Noorie

Noorie, the word “smirk” also has positive connotations, depends on ones perception/interpretation; in it’s context it isn’t inappropriate………but then again U’re only a woman, what do you know ohmy.gif (meri tho pitayee hone waliy hai shayad) sad.gif

The thing is right, all blokes who will view that picture will know, understand and sense exactly what Rafi saab is thinking (YES!) cool.gif

Erm........this is a loosing battle.......erm.......Noorie, Meri Pyari Paree Jaisi Bahen........Ramzan Ka Mahina Hai.........quarreling makes Roza makrooh.........bye (bhaago laugh.gif )

Anwar Fan, you know I can't stay mad at you 4 ever, you're taking advantage of that and also it being Ramadan too. wub.gif

Interesting arguments by the way, just that there are too many chinks in them. Attached Image

bye-bye.gif

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 26 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Aug 17 2007, 04:22 AM) *

Well fellow karaokers, I have now recorded my third besura karaoke recording, I’ve always loved this song and am sure it’s every body elses fav also, so you can imagine my joy when I came across the track, any way not only have I just done a casual karaoke, but for fun I’ve done an azgar bhai special ie tried to dub the origional laugh.gif

Guys, I know this is a proper classic by the Master, so don't go and slate me, but if you must then who can blame you tongue1.gif

(azgar bhai dont mind the term)

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

I heard your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar just now. Good job, man!

Your first Mukhda was the best of all. You got all the three "Chale Gaye"s in the opening Mukhda almost right. You have correctly reproduced the three different sangats of the Great Man in the three "Chale Gaye"s of the opening Mukhda, including the third one I love, "Chaleeeee Gaye"!

But, in the antaras, you seem to be a little off the mark especially at "Raha" in"Jo Saas Aa Raha Hai"!

I will listen to the other ones and comment, if you want.

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
ascorpio
post Sep 28 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 6007

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 11:20 AM) *

Well fellow karaokers, I have now recorded my third besura karaoke recording, I’ve always loved this song and am sure it’s every body elses fav also, so you can imagine my joy when I came across the track, any way not only have I just done a casual karaoke, but for fun I’ve done an azgar bhai special ie tried to dub the origional laugh.gif

Guys, I know this is a proper classic by the Master, so don't go and slate me, but if you must then who can blame you tongue1.gif

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Your first Mukhda was the best of all. You got all the three "Chale Gaye"s in the opening Mukhda almost right. You have correctly reproduced the three different sangats of the Great Man in the three "Chale Gaye"s of the opening Mukhda, including the third one I love, "Chaleeeee Gaye"!

But, in the antaras, you seem to be a little off the mark especially at "Raha" in"Jo Saas Aa Raha Hai"!

Venkat

Very good effort venkat...
+Quote Post
King Rafi
post Sep 28 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 13821

Anwarbhai,

A very fine effort! My feedback to you is that you shd stop this self-deprecating business!

When it comes to singing, first comes Rafi saab. Then comes God.
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Sep 29 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 26 2007, 03:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 26 2007, 12:41 AM) *

Noorie

Anwar Fan, you know I can't stay mad at you 4 ever, you're taking advantage of that and also it being Ramadan too. wub.gif

Interesting arguments by the way, just that there are too many chinks in them. Attached Image

bye-bye.gif

love.gif
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Sep 29 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 09:20 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

Thanks Venkatji for your honest comments.

Venkatji, I've only just recently started singing with Music and do what comes naturally, I've been Rafi Fan all my life and have a huge collection of the Masters songs be it in audio tapes. As you can imagine I've heard Rafi songs so many times so, one get a sense of the tune, blah blah blah etc. smile.gif

I have'nt got a clue what "MUKHDA", "ANTARA", "SANGAT", "SUR", "TAAL" is co's I have no formal or any training for that matter, I've searched the tinternet for the meaning of above terms without joy........... huh.gif

Venkatji you're now my official HF GURU, firstly you will have to explain what the terms mean so that I can pay particular attention to them when come to record my next Karaoke song after Ramzan wink.gif

Venkatji, now that U're my HF GURU, U'll have listen to ALL of my songs and sometimes will have to bear the pain in doing so, and give me valuable feedback and advise to better myself in future.

wub.gif

+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Sep 29 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 28 2007, 01:00 PM) *

Anwarbhai,

A very fine effort! My feedback to you is that you shd stop this self-deprecating business!

Understood, I assure you it'll never happen again...................again thumbs-up.gif
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 30 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 29 2007, 01:12 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

Venkatji, I've only just recently started singing with Music and do what comes naturally, I've been Rafi Fan all my life and have a huge collection of the Masters songs be it in audio tapes. As you can imagine I've heard Rafi songs so many times so, one get a sense of the tune, blah blah blah etc. smile.gif

I have'nt got a clue what "MUKHDA", "ANTARA", "SANGAT", "SUR", "TAAL" is co's I have no formal or any training for that matter, I've searched the tinternet for the meaning of above terms without joy........... huh.gif

Venkatji you're now my official HF GURU, firstly you will have to explain what the terms mean so that I can pay particular attention to them when come to record my next Karaoke song after Ramzan wink.gif

Venkatji, now that U're my HF GURU, U'll have listen to ALL of my songs and sometimes will have to bear the pain in doing so, and give me valuable feedback and advise to better myself in future.

wub.gif

AF Bhai,

Ear for good music or musical sense are not the possessions of everyone, but only of a gifted few. You can be sure you are one of them!

Though I do not want to be your "official HF GURU", I shall venture to explain what I know of those musical terms.

Mukhda and Antara are the easiest to explain. Every Hindi film song normally has a Mukhda tune and an Antara tune. The song starts with the Mukhda, then some interlude music, then the first antara followed by the Mukhda again and then the interlude music and then the second Antara etc. Thus, normally there will be 3/4 Mukhdas and 3 Antaras. The 3/4 Mukhdas may or may not have different lyrics, but the 3 Antaras invariably have different lyrics.

Thus, we find some songs are great hits based on the Mukhda tune, some based on the Antara tune and some based on both!

Coming to the next point, there is a plain way of singing a tune and you can also sing that tune by incorporaring 'Sangats'! Mukesh, more often than not, does the former while Rafi Saab, more often than not, thrives in the latter! Now, as an example, see how Rafi Saab had sung that "Chale Gaye" with three different Sangats in the opening Mukhda of your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar!

Next, any song has two dimensions:1. Sur (or Shruti or Chord) and 2.Taal (or Laya). Loosely, you can say that Sur/Shruti is the vertical dimension (scale, pitch, height) and Taal/Laya is the horizontal dimension (pace, speed ,beat).

More later!

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Oct 2 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 30 2007, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Sep 29 2007, 01:12 AM) *

smile.gif

AF Bhai,

Venkat

wub.gif

AF Bhai,

Ear for good music or musical sense are not the possessions of everyone, but only of a gifted few. You can be sure you are one of them!

Though I do not want to be your "official HF GURU", I shall venture to explain what I know of those musical terms.

Mukhda and Antara are the easiest to explain. Every Hindi film song normally has a Mukhda tune and an Antara tune. The song starts with the Mukhda, then some interlude music, then the first antara followed by the Mukhda again and then the interlude music and then the second Antara etc. Thus, normally there will be 3/4 Mukhdas and 3 Antaras. The 3/4 Mukhdas may or may not have different lyrics, but the 3 Antaras invariably have different lyrics.

Thus, we find some songs are great hits based on the Mukhda tune, some based on the Antara tune and some based on both!

Coming to the next point, there is a plain way of singing a tune and you can also sing that tune by incorporaring 'Sangats'! Mukesh, more often than not, does the former while Rafi Saab, more often than not, thrives in the latter! Now, as an example, see how Rafi Saab had sung that "Chale Gaye" with three different Sangats in the opening Mukhda of your "Un Ke Khayal" song from Lal Pathhar!

Next, any song has two dimensions:1. Sur (or Shruti or Chord) and 2.Taal (or Laya). Loosely, you can say that Sur/Shruti is the vertical dimension (scale, pitch, height) and Taal/Laya is the horizontal dimension (pace, speed ,beat).

More later!

Venkat

No words to express my gratitute,

you've opened up a completely new dimension to enjoy and appreciate Music makers

Venkatji bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
+Quote Post
sanjkash
post Oct 3 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 9573

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 30 2007, 02:31 PM) *

[

Thank you Venkatji for very helpful & clear explanations. Hope you wished to keep on providing help/support in such (technical) matter to the early artists.
Sanjay
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:28 PM