Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Popularity Of K K Amongst The Teen Agers

, Is He Popular!!!!

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Popularity Of K K Amongst The Teen Agers, Is He Popular!!!!
bapa1967
post Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2579

FRIENDS,
VERY SOON WE WILL CELEBRATE K K'S BIRTHDAY. MY QUESTION IS, IS HE POPULAR AMONGST THE PRESENT TEENAGERS. I MEAN THE GENERATION THAT GREW UP AFTER HIS DEATH AND MOSTLY LISTENNING TO THE REMIXED SONGS.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT. DO YOU THINK THAT THEY CAN DIFFERENTIATE THE QUAITY OF HIS VOICE WITH THAT OF TODAY'S SINGERS (NOT SHOWING ANY DISRESPECT TO THEM). PLEASE COMMENT. blab.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ravisho
post Jul 25 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 2619

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM)
FRIENDS,
VERY SOON WE WILL CELEBRATE K K'S BIRTHDAY. MY QUESTION IS, IS HE POPULAR AMONGST THE PRESENT TEENAGERS. I MEAN THE GENERATION THAT GREW UP AFTER HIS DEATH AND MOSTLY LISTENNING TO THE REMIXED SONGS.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT. DO YOU THINK THAT THEY CAN DIFFERENTIATE THE QUAITY OF HIS VOICE WITH THAT OF TODAY'S SINGERS (NOT SHOWING ANY DISRESPECT TO THEM). PLEASE COMMENT.  blab.gif

HI,

I don't think today's generation will appreciate the quality of KK's voice as much as we dd becuase tastes have changed. Western influence is in everything- fast food, remix songs, fast life; Those who hear the remix song first and original version later may think the origianl is the duplicate! We can only worry about what we like. Let the new generation have its preferences. But I am of the view that KK (or, for that matter any singer of the past era) may not be revered by the new generation.

Varadaraj
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jul 25 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1637

QUOTE(bapa1967 @ Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM)
FRIENDS,

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT. DO YOU THINK THAT THEY CAN DIFFERENTIATE THE QUAITY OF HIS VOICE WITH THAT OF TODAY'S SINGERS (NOT SHOWING ANY DISRESPECT TO THEM). PLEASE COMMENT.  blab.gif

That is a very nice question bapaji. I think good music will always prevail. The basic problem is exposure. If they are not exposed to KKs music at all, then it is not going to be easy for them to appreciate his music.

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
rakesh
post Jul 25 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

Hi,

Kishoreda's voice is the VOICE OF ANGEL! No generation can ignore his golden voice. The new generation is exposed to new songs through tv/fm radios and are popular among them. However, as they come out of the phase of teenage, they understand music much better and automatically gets inclined towards meaningful songs, songs with soul in it.

I've colleagues, mostly in the age group of 20-30. Almost all of them have an archive of Guru's songs. I guess the reason is the quality of songs he's given during 70's and 80's. The magic in his voice, makes one hear him again and again. The more you hear him, the more your appetite grows!

Kishoreda will live forever in everybody's heart, he's given all kinds of songs suiting all kinds of moods & situation & celebrations & events.

No Avatar can overtake the magic created by Kishoreda!

Regards,
Rakesh
+Quote Post
ravikumarofindia
post Jul 25 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1553

I think Kishore Kumar is really popular among the teenagers too.

I have seen people born in mid to late 80s finding themselves attracted to songs of KK.

They cannot resist listening to songs like

Mere Samne wali Khidki Mein
Mere Sapnon Ki Rani Kab Aayegi Tu
Rim Jhim Gire Sawan
Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani
Samne Yeh Kaun Aaya (The Nokia Ad)
Chehra Hai Yah Chand Khila Hai (The Dabur Vatika Ad!)

and many many others.

Though they find the songs (of KK) now in the lips of other artists, but one fine day they get to know that this is an old song and the remix is actually a fake one and the original was sung by someone named as Kishore Kumar!

Then they go on start collecting songs of the great Kishore Kumar.

The teenagers do basically listen to many songs of KK, not knowing the fact that they were sung by KK.

They finally will realize the true sense of Old songs and definitely will one day be a part of this forum in about 10 years time. smile1.gif smile1.gif
+Quote Post
amit
post Jul 25 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 2043

Hi,

I think the number of KK songs repeatedly used in remixes shows 'he is still the voice of music'

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
+Quote Post
dmuk20
post Jul 25 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1398

I fully agree with Rakeshji.
+Quote Post
jbakshi
post Jul 25 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 2601

Have you heard the remixes nowadays? 90% of them are remixes of KK songs (although it ruins the song completely). That shows that HE still does and will continue to ROCK, for generations to come.

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Jul 25 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Nah. It wont last 4ever. The love generation has got to die out sumtime.

(Lol.. truth be told even I find this to be in bad taste, but wot can I do).

IPB Image
+Quote Post
bapa1967
post Jul 26 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 2579

My View on this is that till the young generetion gets exposure to the treasure of KK's songs they wont be able to distinguish between fake and original. Like in my house because K K's songs are always played therefore the younger generation knows about him from the verry beginning. They can defferintiate his class with the common mass. I still believe & Iam verry confident about it that his Voice will continue to enthrail the listeners for generations to come
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jul 26 2005, 08:36 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1637

Yaar mere...
I do agree that music has changed a lot...so has instrumentation. However, people want to listen to good music and if people are not exposed to good music, how will they know what it is?
I do not consider remixes as a source of exposure, because they are basically aimed at the dance floors. They do not promote the singer or the original song whatsoever.
When KishoreDa passed away I was barely 10. In my teens, Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan were at the top. I remember the chartbusters during those days were the likes of Tridev, Dil Hai ki manta nahi, Aashiqui, etc....But i still explored the older music more because I felt it was better.
I remember after a performance last year (where i performend a few songs of KishoreDa) 3-4 American Indian kids (aged 8-10) walked upto me and started asking about the details of the songs.
One question has always been cropping up in my mind and this is a nice thread to put it across. The admins @ HF have made an excellent effort in bringing together the fans of legends. Can we make efforts to take it a step further? We need to expose the new generation with this music to keep it alive. Can we in any way do this? I know it is a mammoth task and cant be achieved overnight....but it would be a great thing even if we do a little bit with this. Suggestions welcome...

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:48 AM