Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Evergreen Lata Mangeshkar

, News, articles etc. about the nightingale

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evergreen Lata Mangeshkar, News, articles etc. about the nightingale
Nandu
post Sep 28 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 57320

Happy Birthday Lataji.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #77

Group Icon

Member No.: 75253

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Mu...le1-750774.aspx

Interesting videos on this site
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #78

Group Icon

Lata's favourite niece on her birthday
Parmita Uniyal, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, September 27, 2011 Email to Author

Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar is quite active on Twitter. From wishing people on their birthdays, to sharing her personal details and pictures, the singer has become popular on the micro-blogging site. Here're some snapshots from her Twitter gallery.

We all know Lata Mangeshkar as an extraordinary singer, but we know little about her extraordinary personal side. On the nightingale's 82nd birthday, we ask her niece (Meena Mangeshkar's daughter) Rachna Shah to unravel her lesser known persona.

'Lata is an extraordinary human related stories
Bollywood wishes Lata Mangeshkar on her b'day
being'
World knows she is an extraordinary singer, if you ask me and our family, she is an equally extraordinary person. She is one of the most sensitive and kind persons, and most easily affected by people's griefs. She can just give herself completely to anybody.

'Lata can never multitask'
Be it music, family or anything, when she does something, she puts in her 100 per cent. Normally people these days multi-task. But she only deals with one thing at a time and gives herself completely to it.

'She treats everybody equally'
As we were growing up, we realised she never differentiated between rich, poor, influential and powerless. She is the same with every person. Even if she knew that somebody is not in a capacity to help her in any way, she still helps the person whole-heartedly. This is the quality we love about her. As children, we imbibed this quality from her.

'She is very democratic'
She is a true Libran. She is extremely fair and truly democratic. She is there for you, if you approach her for a problem, but she would never interfere in your life. She is an inspiration for all of us and extremely encouraging.

'Lata's philosophy: Find joy in simple things'
Once we were driving for some recording of hers. She was in a car. There was this bunch of little kids begging, who had painted moustaches on their faces and they were ecstatic. They knocked at the window. I could see Lata's eyes were misty. She really appreciated the innocence in their faces. She gave money to them and a lesson to us - Little things are very important in life. These kids don't have anything, but their painted moustaches gave them so much joy. It's not just about the kids, she's extremely kind to her staff also. She is beyond regular people's thinking.

'She loves me like daughter'
I cannot even begin to explain how much she has loved me. She has brought me up as a daughter with so much love. She has been my companion in everything - illness, school problems, life problems.

'Lata, a child at 82'
She is a friend also. And at 82, she is still very much a child. Her thoughts are like an 18-year-old. The best thing about her is that she doesn't know she is Lata Mangeshkar. She is so humble, so down to earth.

'My favourite Lata Mangeshkar songs'
Kya Janu Sajan (Baharo Ke Sapnay), Aye Dile Nadaan (Razia Sultan) and Kitne Ajeeb Rishte (Page 3).

BIRTHDAY PLANS
Lata's niece tells us that there is no plan for a bash as the legend is receiving Hridaynath Award on her birthday. And the entire family would be present to cheer the singer, except Asha Bhosle who is in Dubai.

TRIVIA from @mangeshkarlata

Lata has tweeted some interesting facts about herself on her Twitter account:

*Lata's first-ever stage performance was at the age of 8 in Pandharpur, Maharashtra. She played the role of a yuvraj (prince). And guess what? The play was staged by her father's company Punyaprabhav, but he was kept in the dark about Lata enacting the role.

*Lata Mangeshkar first met Kishore Kumar in 1948. Her first duet with him was from the film Ziddi. Khemchand Prakash was the
composer.

*She sang around 440 duets with Mohd Rafi in 315 films.

*Lata and her siblings called their mother Maai.

LATA CHOICE

Lata dedicates her favourite songs to greats from music world on their birthdays. Sample some:

*Her favourite Mohd Rafi song: Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Halat Pe - Hum Dono

*Her favourite Sonu Nigam song: Kiska Hai Yeh Tumko Intezar - Main Hoo Naa

*Her favourite Mukesh song: O Jane Wale Ho Sake To - Bandini

*Her favourite Ilyaraja song: Sathya Valaiyosai

+Quote Post
gop
post Sep 28 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4359

Wishing a very very happy birthday to Nightingale. Long live Lataji.

gop
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

Bhansali's homage to the most beautiful woman in the world, Lata Mangeshkar

By Subhash K. Jha, September 28, 2011 - 13:36 IST

No, it isn't Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Though Sanjay Leela Bhansali has worked in three of his best films with most beautiful actress of the world, it is Lata Mangeshkar, who turned 83 this week, whom Bhansali considers the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Oh by far!" he exults. "Lataji defines beauty for me. To me she represents the shringar rasa in all its glory and in its purest form. She has the rare beauty that Mother Teresa possessed. Beauty lies in her simplicity, her grace, her gentle yet no-nonsense demeanor. Her beauty is in her mystique, not self-created like some of our entertainers. Her mystique is not defined by something as mundane as inaccessibility, Lataji can and does speak warmly to you for hours. And yet you know you are not allowed into the most private areas of her heart. You wouldn't even dare to go there."

Says the passionate filmmaker, "Her life and her dedication to her art have inspired me the most. To me, her story is the most inspiring aspect of my life. We all strive for excellence. Lataji is the only human being who has attained human perfection."

There is a deeper connectivity between Lataji's past and the humble environment that Bhansali grew up in. "Every time I hear of her struggle, of all the tough times she had to go through from an early age, I get a lump in my throat. Every time I hear of her poverty and how she braved through years of struggle, I wonder, 'Did all this misery really fall on this woman of such breathtaking talent?' And I feel my struggle has been so meager in comparison."

Another reason why Bhansali finds Lataji the most beautiful woman he has ever encountered is her definition of power. "When Lataji walks into restaurant or a recording or any public place, people reflexively stand up in reverence. I witnessed this phenomenon with my own eyes. When she entered every single person in the room stood up and stopped talking. I haven't seen this with any other artiste. I once had the privilege of being at her recording when she came to sing the timeless R.D.Burman composition 'Kuch Na Kaho' for my mentor Vidhu Vinod Chopra. When she arrived we all followed her to the lift. But when she went in, no one dared enter the lift with her. She looked at us standing frozen outside, smiled and then the door closed. I ran up four flights of stairs to be at the top to receive her when the lift opened. Whether I reached there on time, I won't tell."

Ends Bhansali, "Is she really 83? To me she is timeless; ageless....a work of beauty so flawless that the ravages of time cannot touch her spirit. I am told a song by Lata Mangeshkar is played every minute of the day at some place on this earth. I believe that. I can't imagine a world without her and her voice."
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 29 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #81

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar's birthday concert

pIX:

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/stills/par...cert/index.html

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 29 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #82

Group Icon

'I did sing well,' Lata Mangeshkar reflects at 82

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/sl...ay/20110928.htm
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 30 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #83

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar honoured with Hridaynath Mangeshkar award

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, September 29, 2011 - 17:05 IST

Lata Mangeshkar was honoured with the first Hridaynath Mangeshkar award for her outstanding contribution to Indian music at a glittering function yesterday and was gifted a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh, a trophy and a shawl by none other than Amitabh Bachchan. The said award has been instituted by Hridayesh Art; a city- based socio-cultural organization.

After receiving the award, the melody queen showered praise on her brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar, in whose name the award is being given. Speaking on the occasion, Lata didi said, "Hridaynath and my other three sisters never sought any financial help from me." She also added that "I consider you (Amitabh) as God as far as speaking in Hindi is concerned. I am proud that I have got the award from Amitabh Bachchan." In his traditional baritone voice, Big B said, "I pray to god to give us a long life so that we can hear Lata for years to come."

In the same event, Lata felicitated Yash Chopra, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kavitha Krishnamurthy, Sonu Nigam, Suresh Wadkar, Sudesh Bhosale and Bela Shende.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2...7971/index.html
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 3 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar Launches Album "Samagra"

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/g...ents/29868.html
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 13 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #85

Group Icon

Jagjit's voice initially seen not suited for films - Lata Mangeshkar
By IANS, 12 October 2011, Filmicafe.com

Lata Mangeshkar recalls how the voice of late singer Jagjit Singh was initially seen as not suited for film heroes but he later got popular in movies after his success outside Bollywood.

The first time Lata heard about Jagjit was when she was recording with the ghazal-composing genius Madan Mohan.

“I asked Madan why he didn’t get this new singer to sing for him. Somewhere Jagjit’s voice was not seen suited for film heroes at that time,” Lata told us.

“When I heard his voice I was bowled over. I used to tell music composers about his promising voice. But I guess he was destined to find fame outside movies. Of course, that changed. As time passed, his voice became a household name and he sang for many film heroes,” she added.

Lata remembered going ballistic over a song by Jagjit who passed away two days ago.

“It was ‘Sarakti jaye hai rukh se naqaab ahista ahista’. I just couldn’t get it out of my head. I bought the album ‘The Unforgettables’ which contained that ghazal,” she said.

In 1991, Lata recorded the historic album “Sajda” with Jagjit. It remains to this day a classic.

“Initially ‘Sajda’ was supposed to have only my singing and Jagjit’s compositions. I told him we had to have his singing in ‘Sajda’. This was my chance to sing with a voice I had liked for years. I wasn’t going to let go of it that easily,” she said.

“My only request to him was to not give me ghazals about sharaab (alcohol) and mehkhana (bar). He said he was against ghazals that extolled intoxication,” she added.

The 82-year-old singer recalled Jagjit getting emotional when she sang his composition “Dard se mera daaman bhar de”.

“He was going through a time of personal tragedy. The song touched his heart. But my song from ‘Sajda’ that both Jagjit and (his wife) Chitra liked the best was ‘Dhuan banake fiza mein uda diya mujhko.”

Jagjit even released Lata’s ghazal album “Saadgi” in 2007.

The ghazal king died at the Lilavati Hospital here Monday following brain haemorrhage. He was 70.

The singer gave the industry memorable numbers like “Hontho se chhoo lo tum” (”Prem Geet”), “Tumko dekha toh yeh khayal aaya” (”Saath Saath”), “Jhuki jhuki si nazar” (”Arth”), “Hoshwalon ko khabar kya” (”Sarfarosh”) and “Badi nazuk hai” (”Jogger’s Park”).

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 8 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #86

Group Icon

Lata to receive K.L. Saigal award
By IANS, 7 November, 2011
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar will be honoured with the K.L. Saigal award by Savitri Vikas Samiti here on Nov 17.

According to Anita Srivastava, from Savitri Vikas Samiti, Lata will receive the award from music legend M.Z. Khayyam, at a ceremony to be held at Siri Fort Auditorium.

The 82-year-old will also be felicitated with lifetime achievement award along with her brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar and the brother-sister duo will be present to receive their awards.

Others to be honoured for their achievements by Savitri Vikas Samiti are veteran actor Jeetendra, Prem Chopra and Sanjay Kapoor; composer Ravindra Jain, singers Penaz Masani, Jagjit Kaur, Sonu Nigam and Aakriti Kakkar; and late filmmaker Surendra Kapoor.

The event will have musical performance by Prem Bhatia and Group.

‘I am glad to be able to organise this programme. It is a magical evening with legends like Lataji. K.L Saigal awards are given in memory of Saigal saab and he will be remembered always,’ Bhatia said.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 24 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Yash Chopra is producing/directing a new movie with SRK and Katrina with music by Rahman.

Just hope there is atleast ONE song (even background) by Lataji smile1.gif
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 25 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #88

Group Icon

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/photo...ties/id/1431684

Pics

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 26 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

Video

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/videos/view/id/1431554
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 21 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #90

Group Icon

..lata Mangeshkar joins Javed Akhtar's fight for copyright

By Subhash K Jha | IANS India Private Limited – 12 hours ago
EmailPrint......Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Bollywood's Nightingale lata Mangeshkar says she is totally with Javed Akhtar in his fight to secure royalty rights for singers and lyricists.

"I'm a 110 percent with Javed Saab. My only fear is, how will he cope with all the backlash coming his way from producers and music companies who are very angry and upsetIJ I fought for royalty for singers in the 1960s. I had even stopped recording songs at that time while other singers who didn't support my cause continued to record. My mission collapsed. My colleagues didn't get the point. If a songwriter like Javed Saab had spoken up alongside me in the 1960s, a change in copyright rules would have occurred long back. Javed Saab is fighting a much wider battle. Singers and other musicians often die in penury," lata said.

She feels she is being deprived of her rightful royalties. "The music company Saregama HMV has nearly all my songs. They are putting my songs in various compilations of Naushad, Salil Chowdhary, Bappi lahiri,etc. What do I get from thisIJ I don't get any royalty. Now there is internet and the MP3 format. On top of that, the serials on television play my songs. It's the music company that gives them permission to play my songs. Is that correctIJ There's a popular serial 'Bade Achche lagte Hain'. Even the title of the serial is from a popular song by Amit Kumar."

"Javed Saab is fighting a brave battle. But the time to fight battles for film music is gone. Where are the singers and song writers with durable contentIJ Today I see my songs being sung on television by other singers. Even my face is used. But I am not singing. Is there any way of stopping such practicesIJ However what Javed Saab is doing fully justified. But even if the amendment becomes a law, how can the music companies be controlled," lata asked.

Said Javed: "What lataji fought to achieve in the 1960s has now come to fruition. She feels she should have spoken up in parliament about the issue. But I say, she is the queen and it up to us, her followers, to ensure her dream is fulfilled. The singer has now been given a moral right over the song. This has not happened anywhere else in the world. What more could I wantIJ We've fulfilled what lataji had set out to do for musicians 50 years ago. When she was gracious enough to come to release the Marathi translation of my poems on Saturday I told lataji that we're near achieving what she had set out to achieve."

"In recent times, the desecration of songs has attained epidemic proportions. They take the songs of lataji and add rap and jhankar sections to them. When I hear a new version of 'Mera lal dupatta mal-mal ka', I feel like crying. If there are people who feel this kind of remix invites youngsters to listen to the classics, then by the same logic strobe lights should be added to the Taj Mahal during weekends so that youngsters can go and dance in the moonlight. This is absurd logic. Now they won't be able to make these additions without the singer's permission," Javed added.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:02 PM