Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shammi Kapoor

, His Movies & His Songs

48 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shammi Kapoor, His Movies & His Songs
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Shammi Kapoor - His Movies & His Songs

Shammi Kappor has been in the movie industry for a very very long time. He first appeared in 1953 in "Thokar" when he was 22. Since then he acted in over 130 movies. Though he struggled initially as an actor, after marrying another actress (Geetabali), his life changed forever under her able guidance. From a commercial also ran to he became a sought after atcor.

I am starting this new series on Shammi. I have many of his movies in CDs. I am missing some of them from his early years, and may be one or two from the later years. I would like to share these songs with you in coming months and invite the members to share any missing songs to complete the albums.

To start with here is the part 1 of his filmography ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 1 2008, 07:47 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shammi Kapoor Filmography Continued ...

Shammi, in the wake of his unprecedented popularity, has made many newcomers stars. Once he found his groove with Rafiji, the tandem produced some of the best songs ever.

Here is part 2 of his filmography ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shammi Kapoor Filmography Continued ...

Shammi Kapoor is the original Yahoo man (made famous from his movie "Junglee"). It has become internet and worldwide phenomenon nearly 40 years after Shammi invented Yahoo.

Conitnuing his filmography ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Shammi made his movie acting debut with another movie made in 1953 called "Thokar". But this movie also was made in the same year. It has music by Burmanda. It was directed by Mahesh Kaul, who was renowned as a brilliant director. The leading lady for this movie was Chand Usmani who was runnerup in a talent and beauty contest (winner was Peace Kanwal). Chand Usmani also is a sister of the great actress Meena Kumari. Pairing with new leading ladies started for Shammi right from the beginning.

Another feature is that Shammi sang a song (a duet) in this movie. Burmanda had Shammi's older brother, the famous Raj Kapoor sing also in "Dil Ki Rani (1947)". I don't know how many other movies of Shammi Burmanda composed music for. Probably not too many.

There are supposed to be 13 songs in this movie. I am able to upload only two of them. Please share with us if you have any missing ones. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for details of the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Khoj (1953)

I don't have many details of this movie. I am not even sure who the leading lady was. I am uploading only one song. This is a great one by Rafi Saab. I know only of another song that I have included in the table below in red italics.

The music was composed by Nisar Bazmi. Not a household name here. But he was in Pakistan. He composed music apparently close to 40 in India before migrating to Pakistan in 1962. 14 of his movies were released after his migration.

He enjoyed a brilliant career with many successes, awards, recognition, and adulation in Pakistan. I am including one of his recent photographs below. He passed away last year.

Incidentally, Laxmikant-Pyarelal were asistants to Bazmi Saab. He introduced Anand Bakshi as a lyricist for one of his movies called "Bhola Aadmi".

Now for little details that I know of ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 1 2008, 11:05 PM

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Laila Majnu (1953)

This is one of the five movies Shammi made in his debut year of 1953. It has some beautiful songs composed by Ghulam Mohammed Saab. Incidentally, yeras later, Shammi's nephew, Rishi Kapoor, also acted in "Laila Majnu" that had music by Madan Mohan & Jaidevji.

There are 16 songs in this movie. I am able to upload 12 of them. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share if you have the missing ones.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 4 2008, 08:41 AM

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Laila Majnu (1953) Songs Continued ...

Continuing with the songs of "Laila Majnu (1953)" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 1 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Shammi made his movie acting debut with another movie made in 1953 called "Thokar". But this movie also was made in the same year. It has music by Burmanda. It was directed by Mahesh Kaul, who was renowned as a brilliant director. The leading lady for this movie was Chand Usmani who was runnerup in a talent and beauty contest (winner was Peace Kanwal). Chand Usmani also is a sister of the great actress Meena Kumari. Pairing with new leading ladies started for Shammi right from the beginning.

Another feature is that Shammi sang a song (a duet) in this movie. Burmanda had Shammi's older brother, the famous Raj Kapoor sing also in "Dil Ki Rani (1947)". I don't know how many other movies of Shammi Burmanda composed music for. Probably not too many.

There are supposed to be 13 songs in this movie. I am able to upload only two of them. Please share with us if you have any missing ones. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for details of the songs ...

Swarapriya,

Good luck to this nice thread.
I am uploading most missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. There is still one missing song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Most of these song audios originated from HF members. Therefore, all credits go to them.

One song, 'Man Sheetal, Naina Soofal' was written by Pandit Narendra Sharma. All other songs written by Sahir Ludhianvi.

balmaa ne man haar leena, kaisa jaadu kiyaa re, more mujhse cheena re - Asha (3:16 \ 160)

chaandni ki paalki mein bait kar koyi aane waala hai ...
tasveeren nanti hain, kiranon se tanti hain, mere khayaalon mein aa - Asha Bhosle, Shammi Kapoor (4:14 \ 128)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Asha (version song; 3:20 \ 128)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata (record ver; 3:08 \ 160)

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata Mangeshkar, female, chorus (film ver; Missing)

(sakhi re), darshan pyaase nain, nain humaare - Asha (1:52 \ 96)

saari khushiyaan saath aayi, aap jab - Shamshad Begum (3:06 \ 160)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Asha (version song; 4:01 \ 128)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Geeta (Film Ver [on Dulari]; 1:19 \ 128)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata (Film ver [on Chand Usmani]; 3:16 \ 160)

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata, 2nd female (Film Ver; 1:34 \ 128)

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Aug 2 2008, 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Aug 1 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 07:04 AM) *

Shammi Kapoor - His Movies & His Songs

Shammi Kappor has been in the movie industry for a very very long time. He first appeared in 1953 in "Thokar" when he was 22. Since then he acted in over 130 movies. Though he struggled initially as an actor, after marrying another actress (Geetabali), his life changed forever under her able guidance. From a commercial also ran to he became a sought after atcor.

I am starting this new series on Shammi. I have many of his movies in CDs. I am missing some of them from his early years, and may be one or two from the later years. I would like to share these songs with you in coming months and invite the members to share any missing songs to complete the albums.

To start with here is the part 1 of his filmography ...

Another winner thread from Swarapriya's khazana of immortal music.

bow.gif

Thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work in putting these themes and songs together.

I will surely be checking this thread on regular basis and will be more than happy to contribute anything from my side.

Cheers
Parag

This post has been edited by parag_sankla: Aug 1 2008, 10:06 PM

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 08:51 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Good luck to this nice thread.
Later in the day, I will fill-in the missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. I am missing only one song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Exon

Exon. Fabulous. I know I can count on you.

Thanks and cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 1 2008, 09:35 AM) *

Another winner thread from Swarapriya's khazana of immortal music.

bow.gif

Thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work in putting these themes and songs together.

I will surely be checking this thread on regular basis and will be more than happy to contribute anything from my side.

Cheers
Parag

Parag,

Thanks. I am expecting all kinds of support from regualr contributors like yourself. This thread belongs to all of us even though for now it appeears as f I am in the driver's seat.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
ketaki shukla
post Aug 2 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1353

Thanks for sharing Swarapriya.

Keep it up.

Good Luck.

Ketaki.
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 2 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:56 PM) *

Laila Majnu (1953)

This is one of the five movies Shammi made in his debut year of 1953. It has some beautiful songs composed by Ghulam Mohammed Saab. Incidentally, yeras later, Shammi's nephew, Rishi Kapoor, also acted in "Laila Majnu" that had music by Madan Mohan & Jaidevji.

There are 16 songs in this movie. I am able to upload 12 of them. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share if you have the missing ones.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Swarapriya,

The missing song labeled 'main teri shamma hoon...' is the introductory line for 'yaad teri zindagi ka saaz bankar raha gayi' song.
'Tere dar pe aaya hoon' song by Talat was recorded for this movie but was not used here. It was later used in Chor Bazaar (1954).

Another misssing song is available at the following link.

Ai sanam yeh zindagi, aayi hai lekar mujhe, karle baaten pyaar ki - Shamshad Begum, chorus
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=499099

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Aug 2 2008, 04:39 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2008, 02:54 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Aug 1 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Thanks for sharing Swarapriya.

Keep it up.

Good Luck.

Ketaki.

Thank you Ketaki. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 02:20 PM) *

[Swarapriya,

The missing song labeled 'main teri shamma hoon...' is the introductory line for 'yaad teri zindagi ka saaz bankar raha gayi' song.
Another misssing song is available at the following link.

Ai sanam yeh zindagi, aayi hai lekar mujhe, karle baaten pyaar ki - Shamshad Begum, chorus
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=499099

Exon

Thanks a million, Exon. -S
+Quote Post

48 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:31 AM