Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hemesha Jawaan Geet

, Tribute to SriLanka Brodcasting Corporation

35 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hemesha Jawaan Geet, Tribute to SriLanka Brodcasting Corporation
khawar Sohail
post Oct 9 2010, 04:05 AM
Post #211

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19849

More songs from film DUKHIYARI....khawar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 9 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #212

Group Icon

Same song, two singers Asha & Kishore. Film Mem sahib...khawar
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Oct 9 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #213

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 9 2010, 06:20 PM) *

Same song, two singers Asha & Kishore. Film Mem sahib...khawar

Dil Dilse Milake Dekho....aka 'twas on the Isle of Capri that I found her, 'neath the shade of an old walnut tree....

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 16 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #214

Group Icon

A duet from Ghunghat-1946. Female singer can not be identified....khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 16 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #215

Group Icon

KHURSHEED BANOShe was born Irshad Begum in the village of Choonian, in Kasur District, Lahore (in British India, now Pakistan).

[edit] Career
Khursheed Bano started her film career as Shehla in the silent film Eye For An Eye (1931) the year when the first talkie film (Alamara) of the sub-continent was released. Some of the films that were released during these phase were Laila Majnu, and Shakuntla in 1931, Chatra Bakavli, Hatili Dulhan, Muflis Aashiq, Radheshyam in 1932, Naklee Doctor in 1933, Suarag ki Serhi, Bomb Shell, Chiragh-e-Husn, and Mirza Sahiban in 1935, Ailan-e-Jang, Kimiagar in 1936, Iman Farosh in 1937, Madhur Milan in 1938, Murad, Kaun kisi ka and Sitara in 1939.

But most of her films that were released between 1931 and 1942, a period during which she went unnoticed. Khursheed acted in a number of films for Ranjit Movietone and her leading men included K. L. Saigal, Motilal, Jairaj, and Isharilal.

Some of her films in 40s were Musafir and Holi (“Bhigoi Moree Saree Ray”), in 1940, Pardesi ("Pahley Jo Mohabbat Sey Inkaar Kia Hota","Mori Ateria Hai Sooni"), Beti, and Shaadi (“Ghir Ghir Aaye Baderia”), in 1942, Bhakta Surdas (Her famous song “Panchee Bawra” whose composer was Gyan Dutt became a very famous song of the forty’s. The other famous and popular songs from the same film are “Madhur Madhur Ga Ray Manwa”, “Jholee Bhar Taray Laday Ray”, and a duet “Chandni Raat Aur Taray Khilay Hon” with K. L. Saigal.), Chandni and Patola (in Punjabi) in 1941, Tansen and Nurse (“Koyalia Kahay Bolay Ree”) in 1943. Tansen (1943), with music composed by Khem Chandra Prakash, was a high point in her acting career. She became known both as an actress and a singer. Her famous songs (with her name as Tani as heroine in this film) included such popular songs as “Barso Re”, “Ghata Ghan Ghor Ghor”, “Dukhia Jiara”, “Ab Raja Bhae Moray Balam”, and a duet, “Moray Bala Pun Kay Sathee Chela” with K. L. Saigal.

Her other famous films are, Mumtaz Mahal (“Jo Hum Pay Guzarti Hai”, “Dil Kee Dharkan Bana Liya”), Shahenshah Babar (“Mohabbat Mein Sara Jahan Jal Raha Hai”,”Bulbul Aa Tu Bhi Ga”) in 1944, Prabhu ka Ghar and Moorti (“Ambwa Pay Koyal Boley”, “Baderia baras gayee uss paar”) with music composition by Bilo. C. Rani in 1945, Aagey Barho and Mitti ("Chahi Kali Ghata More Balam") in 1947, Aap Beetee (“Meree Bintee Suno Bhagwan”) in 1948.

[edit] Migration to Pakistan
Her last film in India was Papeeha Re (1948), which was a great hit, prior to her migration to Pakistan, leaving her mark in the Indian film industry. Khursheed migrated to Pakistan after the Partition of India, with her husband where she settled down in Karachi, Sind, Pakistan.

She worked in two films in 1956, Fankar and Mandi. Mandi attracted some attention because of Khursheed, but because of technical shortcomings including poor direction, neither Khursheed as singer nor Rafiq Ghaznavi's musical score were able to produce the hoped-for ticket sales. Fankar was produced by Robert Malik, a teacher at a Christian missionary high school. The film also lagged in commercial success.

[edit] Personal life
Khursheed married her manager Lala Yakub, who was an occasional actor and member of the Bhati Gate Group, Lahore. Due to personal problems, she divorced Yakub. She remarried in 1956 to Yusuf Bhaimia, an admirer of her work, entrepreneur in the shipping business, and eventually a philanthropist.

[edit] Death
Khursheed died on April 18, 2001 in Karachi, four days after her 87th birthday.

[edit] Trivia
She was among the two singing actresses of Indian cinema who have shared stellar honors with the renowned singer K. L. Saigal. Suraiya, another popular singer/actress of the forty’s and fifty’s.

+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 16 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #216

Group Icon

Amirbai Karnataki (ca 1906 - March 3, 1965) was a famous actress/singer and playback singer of the early Hindi cinema and was famous as Kannada Kokila. Mahatma Gandhi was an ardent fan of her song Vaishnav Jan To.

Contents [hide]
1 Personal life
2 Career
3 Romances
4 Death
5 External links

[edit] Personal life
Amirbai Karnataki was born in Bilgi village, District of Bijapur in Karnataka into a middle class family. Of all of her five sisters, Amirbai and her elder sister, Gauharbai, earned fame and fortune. Amirbai completed her matriculation and went to Bombay at the age of fifteen.

[edit] Career
A representative from HMV was so impressed by her singing talent that he made her sing a Qawwali, which became very popular. Her elder sister, Gauherbai, was an actress and helped Amirbai get a role in the film Vishnu Bhakti in 1934.

Initially, Amirbai sang songs in films, but they failed to attain the success she desired. In 1943, with the release of Bombay Talkies' Kismet (1943 film) (1943), she achieved popularity: the songs of Kismet became a rage and Amirbai became famous. The man behind the success was the composer Anil Biswas. She was initially known as a singing star, but at the decline of her career she became a playback singer. She reached her peak by 1947.

At this time Lata Mangeshkar became a rising star, so once again Amirbai switched over to acting. In her later years she mostly played character roles. Amirbai also composed music for Wahab Pictures' Shehnaaz (1948). In the same year she almost left Hindi Cinema for Gujarati and Marwari films.

[edit] Romances
She was married Badri Kaanchwala, the editor of Paras.

[edit] Death
She had a paralytic attack in 1965, died just four days later and was buried in her hometown. A cinema still runs in the name of 'Amir Talkies' in the city of Bijapur by her family.

+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 17 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #217

Group Icon

Since yesterday I am unable to u/l songs. I do not know whats the problem.
However, I am giving a list of songs needed by Aman Durrani sahib below. can any body u/l any song they have.
three sisters Noor jahan ,eden bai and hyder bandi
appeared in first pujabi film ,SHEELA urref Pind de kuri
music by Dhumi khan1935
1935 Miser ka sitara Dhumi khan
1937Fekhre islam music by safder mirza
1937Mr. 420 music by bhai chhaila
1937 Heer Siyal music by dhumi khan
allthe three sisters acted in above mentioned
films and sung
!938 Na Houne Wali Baat, music by Prem Kumar
sessi Punhu music by dhumi khan
Kis Ki Peyari
Beri maan
Khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 23 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #218

Group Icon

Dr Surjit Singh sahib has send me this You-tube link of 16 year old lata singing Raag maulkaus. Its a collectors item. I am trying to convert You-tube format to some other common format but dont know much about these things. Any help! Khawar
The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9MPK4pE4Y
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 23 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #219

Group Icon

I am still unable to upload songs. Is there a problem?
khawar
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Oct 23 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #220

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 23 2010, 09:24 AM) *

I am still unable to upload songs. Is there a problem?
khawar

Khawarji ..can you give me some info on arab ka sirara 1946..songs

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
romesh
post Oct 23 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #221

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Oct 23 2010, 09:22 AM) *

Dr Surjit Singh sahib has send me this You-tube link of 16 year old lata singing Raag maulkaus. Its a collectors item. I am trying to convert You-tube format to some other common format but dont know much about these things. Any help! Khawar
The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9MPK4pE4Y

dear khawar sahib

in which format u want this vedio pl let me know i will do it for you

romesh
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 24 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #222

Group Icon

Any common format such as AVI which is playable on any DVD player without losing any resolution will be OK. Khawar

I do not have any books such as Geet kosh so I am unable to give info about Arab ka saudagar. Khawar
Why songs can be uploaded now on HF. I am trying without success. khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 24 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #223

Group Icon

At last songs are being attached. Continueing from Ghooghat duet. Female singer is unknown..khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 24 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #224

Group Icon

A khursheed song...khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Oct 24 2010, 04:07 AM
Post #225

Group Icon

+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 AM