Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mohali Test Match

, Will there be a result ?

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mohali Test Match, Will there be a result ?
Bawra Jay
post Mar 11 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

Shewag's century was a treat but Sachin so close to world record and missing the Century was so disappointing sad1.gif ....

What you all say ? Will there be result from this match ? Or will wash out due to rain / end up in draw ?

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Mar 11 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Currently praying for a draw
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Mar 11 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Why ?

+Quote Post
unni
post Mar 11 2005, 03:09 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Mar 10 2005, 01:55 PM)
Shewag's century was a treat but Sachin so close to world record and missing the Century was so disappointing sad1.gif ....

What you all say ? Will there be result from this match ? Or will wash out due to rain / end up in draw ?

Hard to say due to the weather, but despite missing the century and the record by 6 runs, it's just great to see him in form after the elbow injury. But Sehwag stole the show with yet another blistering innings.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Mar 11 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Because I doubt Pakistan can force a victory from thier current position.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Mar 11 2005, 04:48 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Pakistan's bowling attack is weak, in fact it is the weakest they have ever sent on a tour to India. The Indians have too strong of a batting lineup, but all Pakistan can hope for is that they put up a good show in the second innings. Asim Kamal also missed a century in the first innings and batted really well. Good news for Pak, Shoaib and Shabbir are due back anytime.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
unni
post Mar 11 2005, 04:58 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From" "The Hindu":

I was competing for attention with Sehwag: Manmohan

NEW DELHI, MARCH 10. That an India-Pakistan cricket encounter holds the nation's attention more than anything else was underlined today by the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh.

Replying to the motion of thanks to the President's address in the Lok Sabha, Dr. Singh said that as he discussed bilateral relations with the Pakistan President, Pervez Musharraf, on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly, he was "competing for attention [of the nation]" with Virender Sehwag and Asim Kamal.

"How nice it would be if we conducted our affairs in the House in the same spirit of sportsmanship the young cricketers exhibited," Dr. Singh said.

He said that while the India-Pakistan discussion was moving forward on all aspects, nothing brought the people of the sub-continent together more than their love for cricket and Bollywood. He told the House that he had invited General Musharraf to watch the cricket match in India. He said that relations should be improved to allow people to visit family and friends whenever they wanted to. "India is proud to be an open society and an open economy." When the Indian cricket fans visited Pakistan last year, they came back with tales of hospitality and it was now time for India to reciprocate, he said.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Mar 11 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Come on now Akhtar ... there are many matches yet to come...and nothing can be said till last ball of the game, especially when it comes to Ind-Pak games....always fun to watch them....

What I see in a game is not about winning or losing... as long it has some excitement built into .... and solid performance by both the teams... Due to timing its so unfortunate for me that cant stay up whole night and watch the game sad1.gif ... but from what I 've been following from the web and highlights... both the teams have put good performance so far , but in the end Shewag and Sachin did steal the show....

BTW I saw Musharraf was watching the match during the highlights... Seems like everyone is really excited about this whole series... Hope we get to see some results..... rather than matches washing out in rain sad1.gif ....

+Quote Post
anurag
post Mar 13 2005, 09:17 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

I had wished to decry the slow batting of pandit Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar and ustad Saurav Ganguly during the first test but I resisted the temptation. These folks should be retired, for they play for their personal records only.

As soon as a century was in sight, SRT slowed down to make sure that he completes his century and achieve that world record of 35 centuries. Ganguly has forgotten batting, even against spin, which he used to mutilate comfortably many eons ago.

Sehaw told us that SRT was sad to miss the century. Yeah? And, he was n't sad seeing how badly the team India scored?

This is what Dileep Premachandran wrote in cricinfo:

For India, the sins of the third afternoon when they wasted time and run-scoring opportunities had come back to deservedly kick them in the teeth, and thoughts of victory songs were rudely dismissed by the brilliance and tenacity of two men who refused to accept that defeat was an option.

Don't mind me, I am just livid over our performance.

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Mar 13 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

i think sumwhere down the line our players conceded the match.
they thought they can't out the tail enders.

5th day bowling was poor.

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Mar 13 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 107

I had wished to decry the slow batting of pandit Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar and ustad Saurav Ganguly during the first test but I resisted the temptation. These folks should be retired, for they play for their personal records only.

As soon as a century was in sight, SRT slowed down to make sure that he completes his century and achieve that world record of 35 centuries. Ganguly has forgotten batting, even against spin, which he used to mutilate comfortably many eons ago.

Sehaw told us that SRT was sad to miss the century. Yeah? And, he was n't sad seeing how badly the team India scored?

For India, the sins of the third afternoon when they wasted time and run-scoring opportunities had come back to deservedly kick them in the teeth, and thoughts of victory songs were rudely dismissed by the brilliance and tenacity of two men who refused to accept that defeat was an option.

Don't mind me, I am just livid over our performance

Boss i am glad somebody else has spoken up too

I am sick and tired of this SRT adulation- he is a talented player but not a team player- this is not the first time he has done it.

I have written before but was a lone voice- i am glad u have spoken out.

The guy should not be in the team.

hope he never gets another century.

he has put his own records in front of the countries demands.

damn him

cinemaniac2

+Quote Post
unni
post Mar 13 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

When India turned around the Kolkata Test against Australia, all praise went to Dravid and Laxman. I don't recollect Steve Waugh and his bowlers being crucified by the media.

In this instance, let's give credit where it's due: Kamran Akamal and Abdul Razzaq deserve all the praise. They played superbly, with courage and determination. It was their day in the sun, literally and figuratively!

Even Tendulkar's staunchest fans would concede that his innings reeked of selfishness. He as well as the skipper himself, and Laxman, have received flak for slow batting.

But, how much of a difference slow batting made is speculative. After all, Pakistan declared their innings. It's not as if India bowled them out and then were left with insufficient time to score the required runs.

Bottom line: Two 'bravehearts' thwarted all the efforts of the bowlers.

Congrats to the two batsmen, and sympathies for the bowlers.

SCOOP!

Not the pitch, not the slow batting, not the bowling/fielding, the "REAL REASONS" lay elsewhere! sad1.gif abuse.gif angry2.gif sad1.gif blab.gif

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Mar 13 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

Don't mind me, I am just livid over our performance

Boss i am glad somebody else has spoken up too

I am sick and tired of this SRT adulation- he is a talented player but not a team player- this is not the first time he has done it.

I have written before but was a lone voice- i am glad u have spoken out.

The guy should not be in the team.

hope he never gets another century.

he has put his own records in front of the countries demands.

damn him

cinemaniac2

1st of all tell me who does't play for his personal records.
i think if there is any player who always plays selfless innings is RAHUL DRAVID. sunglasses2.gif

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Mar 13 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

When India turned around the Kolkata Test against Australia, all praise went to Dravid and Laxman. I don't recollect Steve Waugh and his bowlers being crucified by the media.

In this instance, let's give credit where it's due: Kamran Akamal and Abdul Razzaq deserve all the praise. They played superbly, with courage and determination. It was their day in the sun, literally and figuratively!

Even Tendulkar's staunchest fans would concede that his innings reeked of selfishness. He as well as the skipper himself, and Laxman, have received flak for slow batting.

But, how much of a difference slow batting made is speculative. After all, Pakistan declared their innings. It's not as if India bowled them out and then were left with insufficient time to score the required runs.

Bottom line: Two 'bravehearts' thwarted all the efforts of the bowlers.

Congrats to the two batsmen, and sympathies for the bowlers

Badshahji- u get news on the net - so u percieve things differnetly-we see it live

i have seen this man trying to get his colleague run out (time and again) - when his colleague is getting to a landmark. Or He will Take a last ball run for overs and
frustrate his non-striker.

Talent
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Mar 13 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

1st of all tell me who does't play for his personal records.

Humble rafi saab-

the whole australian team

all the other team barring SRT.

cinemaniac2

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:00 PM