Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Request To Post Song Details In Text Instead Of Image

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Request To Post Song Details In Text Instead Of Image
Hari Ram
post Jan 5 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

This is a request to those posting songs details as Jpeg image.
If your audio software allows song listing and details to be exported as text file, please post the information as text rather than an image.

I make this request because, search tools can not find any information contained as image.

Hari Ram
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unregistered_050208
post Jan 5 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(Hari Ram @ Jan 5 2008, 07:28 PM) *

This is a request to those posting songs details as Jpeg image.
If your audio software allows song listing and details to be exported as text file, please post the information as text rather than an image.

I make this request because, search tools can not find any information contained as image.

Hari Ram

Will do next time! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Jan 6 2008, 02:28 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6686

Hi
Just a suggestion.In typing song information tag would it not be better if a movie's name is given first. I know a lot of people who catalog songs with movie name as the identifying title for a song file.Harjinder
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
myawan
post Jan 6 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Nice suggestions!

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
Hari Ram
post Jan 7 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jan 5 2008, 02:58 PM) *

Hi
Just a suggestion.In typing song information tag would it not be better if a movie's name is given first. I know a lot of people who catalog songs with movie name as the identifying title for a song file.Harjinder

Harjinder bhai,

Thank you for your suggestion.
My audio file names follow the following scheme.

first_few_words _from_intro_line-first_few_words _from_main_line-MovieName&2digitYear-SingerNames.

Before arriving at the above sequence, I had tried several other methods for file names.
Main problem that I encountered with starting film names is that movie names can be spelt differently.
For e.g,

Ganga Jamuna, Gunga Jamna and so on.
Hamraaz, Humraaz, Hamraz and so on.

With my current cataloguing method, I experience very little problem.
I don't use iTunes. But I notice that majority of members use iTunes to catalogue their audio collection.
From what I understand, in iTunes the name of the importing audio file doesn't matter. What matters is proper MP3 tags in them.

If, adding the film name at the beginning of an audio file helps anyone, I will gladly add them.

Hari Ram
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Jan 7 2008, 05:18 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 6366

HR Bhai Its a good suggestion, I used to do that for another site because I am too lazy typing all the info again smile1.gif Now here mostly I do type the info.

I think Film name at the beginning is very helpful.

Off topic but to store it in the computer or HD , I highly recommend sorting the songs/albums alphabetically. It was recommended to me by one of friends 4 years back and looking for any particular song if you know album name is a breeze ( with Vista's search features) especially if you have tagged it with Album name

Attached Image
Attached Image

Album Name Comes Handy For Individual Artist work also

Attached Image

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Jan 7 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

I prefer the film name followed by year and track name. But for the board I like giving all the details, so as to make it convenient for the downloader to tag his file easily. Once tagged the file can be renamed as per their wish, which is why I clear the tags and upload too. It is a tough job to locate a file if you have not tagged immediately when the file named as a song. eg. Aaj ki raat.mp3 -especially when there are so many aaj ki raat songs. wacko.gif

Off topic but to store it in the computer or HD , I highly recommend sorting the songs/albums alphabetically. It was recommended to me by one of friends 4 years back and looking for any particular song if you know album name is a breeze ( with Vista's search features) especially if you have tagged it with Album name

Sangeet bhai, we are still in xp zamana. laugh.gif But I do like my files listed, with film name, year and track name and the folders are MD based. tongue1.gif

I wish we had a standardized format here to follow which is made compulsory. ninja.gif
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Jan 7 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

I usually do it this way:

YEAR--FILM NAME--SONG NAME--LYRICIST--MD--SINGER(S)--BIT RATE--DURATION--FORMAT

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
Hari Ram
post Jan 7 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

Thanks to Erum sis, HT bhai and Sangeet bhai for your valuable suggestions.

I store my collections in seperate folders (movie folders). Therefore, didn't think movie names would be important at the beginning. Your suggestion of placing movie name at the start of file name would add extra safety to my cataloguing. Most of us have other means to store and catalogue other details such as MD, lyricist, etc. Why make the audio file names too long? Personally, I would prefer placing year after movie name. It will be difficult to come up with a unified format. However, we can try to have a file name that is useful to others.
How about the following format?

[MovieNameTwoDigitYear]-[first few words of intro line]-[first few words of main line]-[singer list].[filetype]

Dil Ek Mandir's title song would appear as follows.

DilEkMandir63-JaaneWaale-DilEkMandirHai-MRafi-SumanK.mp3

Hari Ram
+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Jan 7 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

QUOTE(Hari Ram @ Jan 7 2008, 07:49 AM) *

Thanks to Erum sis, HT bhai and Sangeet bhai for your valuable suggestions.

I store my collections in seperate folders (movie folders). Therefore, didn't think movie names would be important at the beginning. Your suggestion of placing movie name at the start of file name would add extra safety to my cataloguing. Most of us have other means to store and catalogue other details such as MD, lyricist, etc. Why make the audio file names too long? Personally, I would prefer placing year after movie name. It will be difficult to come up with a unified format. However, we can try to have a file name that is useful to others.
How about the following format?

[MovieNameTwoDigitYear]-[first few words of intro line]-[first few words of main line]-[singer list].[filetype]

Dil Ek Mandir's title song would appear as follows.

DilEkMandir63-JaaneWaale-DilEkMandirHai-MRafi-SumanK.mp3

Hari Ram

Hi
Looks good to me. Harjinder
+Quote Post
Unregistered_050208
post Jan 8 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #11

Unregistered

My method is very easy and efficient. I use Media Monkey to tag all my files with MD, singer, year, Album, lyricist, quality, etc. With those tags - you can easily rename thousands of files within a minute in however way you want. One day you want Movie - Title - MD - Singer - Year and the next day you want Folder - BitRate - Title - Singer - etc you can change easily. All automated. Media Monkey also has a indexing / search feature within the program so even XP users can search files very quickly & effectively. One day I feel like listening to all Rafi-Mukesh duets and another day I want to search and hear only Kishore Kumar - Shankar Jaikishan songs - it is a breeze to do so. IMHO putting in different folders or tediously, manually naming files is a lot of work and tough to change the scheme if you want to later. So if someone downloads a file labeled like that - regardless of how file is titled - he can quickly search the file by a specific tag to retrieve it and then rename in easy automated fashion. Just my 2 cents.
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jan 8 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

Here is the view that I get. Well tagging is a killer but always helps if you have tags in there. One can sort by any header, be it year, comments, artist, movie name

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jan 8 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2053

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jan 5 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Hi

My understanding was that the above was mandatory as far as the file name when uploading at HF.

I think it's always a good idea to type info for cataloging purposes vs the image screenshots, afterall HF is a wealth of information just from that info, and many find the site via search engines b/c of that info. (But I do understand why people who upload a lot use that method).

To me long file names defeat the purpose of the technology (as I illustrated in links below) - too long a file name not only causes windows issues, but also obscures the artist and album names.
As far as tagging, for those who haven't seen it before, some semi-related posts:
Windows Folders
Bitrates

Also file names can be altered to reflect the tag names and vice versa in one click with other tagging programs such as tag&rename.

Doston, Apna Tau Yeh Imaan Hai
Jo Bhi Jitna Saath De, Ehsaan Hai
Umr Ka Rishta Jodne Waale
Apni Nazar Mein Deewane Hai

Thanks for the memories HF. Bye Bye.
deewani is "permanently away"

+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Jan 8 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Jan 8 2008, 09:02 AM) *

Here is the view that I get. Well tagging is a killer but always helps if you have tags in there. One can sort by any header, be it year, comments, artist, movie name

Marci that looks neat, almost looks like my KK folder tongue1.gif esp liked the Lyricist info. I didnot use to tag Lyricist in file since itunes didnot have that field, But the Tag/Rename program does, so now a days i am doing so. Unfortunately Windows doesnot show that as a header mad.gif

I personally like Itunes as an organizer but even with Vista loading all my 6000 albums takes a while when I start it up mellow.gif So i just use the plain wmp most of the time .My alphabetic cataloging is still my personal preference. That way I dont have to open the music organizer and use it to locate the file if i want to upload the album here. This comes especailly handy if you have to look for a particular file among a pile of albums and you already know the album name.

Also, I highly recommend installing a nifty software called dbpoweramp- a music converter but this is really helpful if u want to look at the tags/info quickly. You just have to hover over a file and it shows you all the tags /info .
Attached Image

And JL as usual your link to other posts are awesome. Needs to be sticky.

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
Devje
post Jan 9 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 15463

Sorry ,because perhaps I can not explain correctly what I want to say :

When You search one song ,you don't say "I am looking movie Albela song " but you give the title of the song ....for precision perhaps you give the name of movie (if you know the movie)...

When You hear one unknow song ,you can guess the singer or you can gess approximatively the name(title) of the song but you can't never guess the name of the movie ....

When you search one specially song in the attachement list ,you are constrained to open multiple thread if in the attachement list the name(title) of the song is not directely visible ....

idem : If you are a fan of a special singer : the name of the Singer is not directly visible in the attachement list ...

In most case , you request one song or one Singer's song ....rarely one complet album ...

So I think the best is :

SONG NAME - SINGER -FILM NAME - YEAR - MD - LYRICIST - BITRATE - DURATION - FORMAT

To be shorter : SONG NAME - SINGER - DURATION FILM NAME

DEVJI

This post has been edited by Devje: Jan 9 2008, 11:36 AM

Devji
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:57 PM