Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome To S.d.batish Forum

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To S.d.batish Forum
Pradeep
post Aug 1 2005, 08:16 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hello Friends,

A new forum dedicated to the legendary Shiv Dayal Batish is created here on HF at Ashwin Batish's request. Ashwin happens to be the son of Mr. Batish and is renowned and extraordinary sitarist and tabla player. We are fortunate to have him amidst us.

More information on their website: http://www.sdbatish.com/

Regards,

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 2 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2839

Dear Friends,

It is a great pleasure to see this level of discussion and participation on our rich musical heritage. I congratulate you all and give my special thanks to Pradeepji for setting this forum dedicated to my father Pt. Shiv Dayal Batish.

Our family is presently residing in Santa Cruz, California. My father has been hard at work writing and has just two more days left to complete of his latest book of Chalans and compositions on the Ragas of North India. I hope to release these in the near future. I will be happy to keep you posted on this.

In the film industry, he is well know as simply S.D. Batish but in his works his Pseudonym is "Rasik" which was conferred upon him by his Guruji Shri Chandan Ram Charan of Patiala.

My father is 90 years young with the spirit and mind of a 40 year old. He is always looking ahead to the next level of achievement and the next plateau to conquer. Under his guidance, we are planning on starting classes to teach his compositions and start a new subset of musicians that will hopefully teach these songs to future generations. The great part of all this is that is the last 25 years my father has been hard at work recording these compositions. It is my commitment to produce these and release them in the future. thumbs-up.gif

I will try and have my father give his input on this forum. I will also try uploading some of his songs.

More than anything else, I am hoping that all of you can help complete our collection of his old songs. I know he will appreciate this the most. Here is a sher from one of his ghazals

Chaahe’ dil jaataa magar ho-taa na dilbar se’ judaa,
reh nahi`n sakti kabhi machhli samandar se’ judaa

S.D. Batish

I present to you all this small "tofaa" of my fathers upcoming CD of Ghazals. It is a special gift to you all to listen and enjoy. The full CD is set to be released around December. I will be happy to let you all know of this.

All the best,
Ashwin Batish

PS. Please add any trivia and discuss things freely. I am just as much in need of information on my father's career. I feel that I really missed out on it all after moving to England in '64. I was only 12 year old. I wish I could have started learning and talking about all this then.

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 1 2005, 07:46 AM)
Hello Friends,

A new forum dedicated to the legendary Shiv Dayal Batish is created here on HF at Ashwin Batish's request. Ashwin happens to be the son of Mr. Batish and is renowned and extraordinary sitarist and tabla player. We are fortunate to have him amidst us.

Regards,

+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 2 2005, 02:33 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

QUOTE(Ashwin Batish @ Aug 2 2005, 01:09 AM)
Dear Friends,

It is a great pleasure to see this level of discussion and participation on our rich musical heritage. I congratulate you all and give my special thanks to Pradeepji for setting this forum dedicated to my father Pt. Shiv Dayal Batish.

Our family is presently residing in Santa Cruz, California. My father has been hard at work writing and has just two more days left to complete of his latest book of Chalans and compositions on the Ragas of North India. I hope to release these in the near future. I will be happy to keep you  posted on this.

In the film industry, he is well know as simply S.D. Batish but in his works his Pseudonym is "Rasik" which was conferred upon him by his Guruji Shri Chandan Ram Charan of Patiala.

My father is 90 years young with the spirit and mind of a 40 year old. He is always looking ahead to the next level of achievement and the next plateau to conquer. Under his guidance, we are planning on starting classes to teach his compositions and start a new subset of musicians that will hopefully teach these songs to future generations. The great part of all this is that is the last 25 years my father has been hard at work recording these compositions. It is my commitment to produce these and release them in the future. thumbs-up.gif

I will try and have my father give his input on this forum. I will also try uploading some of his songs.

More than anything else, I am hoping that all of you can help complete our collection of his old songs. I know he will appreciate this the most. Here is a sher from one of his ghazals

Chaahe’ dil jaataa magar ho-taa na dilbar se’ judaa,
reh nahi`n sakti kabhi machhli samandar se’ judaa

S.D. Batish

I present to you all this small "tofaa" of my fathers upcoming CD of Ghazals. It is a special gift to you all to listen and enjoy. The full CD is set to be released around December. I will be happy to let you all know of this.

All the best,
Ashwin Batish

PS. Please add any trivia and discuss things freely. I am just as much in need of information on my father's career. I feel that I really missed out on it all after moving to England in '64. I was only 12 year old. I wish I could have started learning and talking about all this then.

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 1 2005, 07:46 AM)
Hello Friends,

Regards,

gift.gif gift.gif Thanks u join our HF site, 2nd can we get SDB ji songs old movies?
OLD IS GOLD
Thanks
Surinder dhall
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Aug 2 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

Ashwin Batish Sahaab

Suswagtam
bow.gif

Who Aaye Hamare Forum Mein, Khudaa Ki Kudrat Hai
Kabhi Hum Unko, Kabhi Apne Forum Ko Dekhte Hain.

It is unbelievable, to have such great personality in front of us (it seems fortune star is smiling ).

As far as myself concerns, I came to know about Shri S.D.Batishji thru film sings only, specifically the Qwwaalii (only one of its own kind , unique)

'Na To Karwaan Ki Talash Hai, Na To Humsafar Ki Talash Hai'

Rafi Sahab, Mannada,Ashaji,Sudha Malhotra & S.D.Batish Sahab.

After hearing the qwwaalii, I wondered about Batish Sahab, tried to lsearch other songs but I was not fortunate enough. Now due to good luck of all HF Members, you are here.

Please convey my 'Charan Sparsh' to shri S.D.Batish Sahab.

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Aug 4 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 634

Ashwinji

There is one song of Shri S.D.Batish from old movie Toofan, Jala kar Aag Dil Mein Zindagi Barbad Karte Hain, Na Hanste Hain Na Rote Hain Na Kuchh Faryad Karte Hain.

I think last I heard this song, may be over 20 years back on Radio Ceylon and used to remember it by heart with all its three stanzas. Even today I can recall fully its first and third stanza "Ummeeden Hasrat - o -Arman Sab Dafna Liye Dil Mein; Dil - e - Barbad Mein Ab Ranj - o - Gham Aabad Karte hain" and "Nahi Apni Koi Manzil, Kahan Jaayen Kidhar Jaayen; Sahara Maut Ka Hai Maut Ko Ab Yaad Karte Hain".

I will be grateful if you could upload this song at your earliest convenience as I have been searching for it since I first heard it.

Thank You

Pradeep
+Quote Post
maheshks
post Aug 4 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Welcome Sir,

We are very happy and fortunate to have you here with us. clap1.gif
First tell our Pranaam to Panditji .... bow.gif

....we are from comparitvely much younger aga group and we hope that Panditji would share with us his experience in the music industry during 40s and 50s.

I had not heard much of Panditji's except those super hit songs... Khamosh Nigahen.... and then the famous qwali of barsaat ki raat and ...Manmohan Man main ho tumhi ....only untill Dharamvir paaji uploaded those rare beautiful punjabi songs from the 1941release punjabi movieGowandi..

Would like to upload that great gazal sung by panditji in his young voice:

gham dil nal lagaa rakhiye
a cheez bagaani ai
yaran da suneda hai
sajna di nishani ai

courtsy Dharamvir pa
party2.gif

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 4 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

gift.gif gift.gif Thanks u join our HF site, 2nd can we get SDB ji songs old movies?
OLD IS GOLD
Thanks
Surinder dhall

[/quote]

I will upload all I can. Some songs I only have as "Jhalaks" as the person that has the collection did not want to share them without substantial downpayment from me. If any of you hve the full versions I will be forever indebted.

Ashwin
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 4 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

USRAFIAN Saahab,

I appreciate your welcome and thank you for the kind words. I have forwarded your "Charan Sparsh" to my father and he sends you his blessings.

There are many stories my father has to tell about his time recording the "Naa To Kaaravaan Ki Talaash Hai Qawalli." I will try and get him to talk about this. I do remember that whereever he would go there was always a request from the audience for him to sing it. He tells me that he was in charge of rehearsing everyone and hence knew all the parts and would sing them all in the concert while calling out each singer's name smile1.gif

At my request, he has also written a short article about his old friend Mohd. Rafi. You can check it out at
http://www.raganet.com/RagaNet/Issues/4/rafi.html
RagaNet is our e-magazine.

I look forward to our Forum chats and hope to put up some more songs of my fathers for your listening pleasure. I hope you had a chance to listen to the song I uploaded earlier.

I like your little sher. Was that borrowed from Ghalib or Zauq? Slips my mind presently. But ... thank you!

Ashwin

QUOTE(usrafian @ Aug 2 2005, 03:19 AM)
Ashwin Batish Sahaab

Suswagtam
bow.gif

Who Aaye Hamare Forum Mein, Khudaa Ki Kudrat Hai
Kabhi Hum Unko, Kabhi Apne Forum Ko Dekhte Hain.

It is unbelievable, to have such great personality in front of us (it seems fortune star is smiling ).

As far as myself concerns, I came to know about Shri S.D.Batishji thru film sings only, specifically the Qwwaalii (only one of its own kind , unique)

'Na To Karwaan Ki Talash Hai, Na To Humsafar Ki Talash Hai'

Rafi Sahab, Mannada,Ashaji,Sudha Malhotra & S.D.Batish Sahab.

After hearing the qwwaalii, I wondered about Batish Sahab, tried to lsearch other songs but I was not fortunate enough. Now due to good luck of all HF Members, you are here.

Please convey my 'Charan Sparsh' to shri S.D.Batish Sahab.

+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 4 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

One of my favorites too. Here's some information from a discussion on RMIM that I saved.

"Here are the words to the former song. I got to listen to this finely sung
ghazal thanks to a (currently) hibernating RMIMer Kalyan Kolachala. The pstats
are courtesy Ashok."

Title: jalaakar aag dil me.n
film: Toofaan
year: 1954
singer: S.D.Batish
music: S.D.Batish
lyrics: Wahid Quraishi

jalaakar aag dil me.n, zindagii barabaad karate hai.n
na ha.Nsate hai.n, na rote hai.n, na kuchh fariyaad karate hai.n ...

ummiide.n, hasarat-o-aramaan, sab apanaa li_e dil me.n
dili_e barabaad me.N ab, ra.nj-o-Gam aabaad karate hai.n
na ha.Nsate hai.n ...

rahe.n majabuuriyaa.N apanii, rahe.n barabaadiyaa.N apanii
ham apane aashiyaa ko, aap hii barabaad karate hai.n
na ha.Nsate hai.n ...

nahii.n apanii ko_ii ma.nzil, kahaa.N jaa_e.n, kidhar jaa_e.n
sahaaraa maut kaa hai, maut ko apanaa karate hai.n
na ha.Nsate hai.n ...

I will do the upload soon although it is poor quality. Perhaps if someone has a better one they can upload also.

All the best,
Ashwin Batish

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Aug 3 2005, 12:27 PM)
Ashwinji

There is one song of Shri S.D.Batish from old movie Toofan, Jala kar Aag Dil Mein Zindagi Barbad Karte Hain, Na Hanste Hain Na Rote Hain Na Kuchh Faryad Karte Hain.

I think last I heard this song, may be over 20 years back on Radio Ceylon and used to remember it by heart with all its three stanzas. Even today I can recall fully its first and third stanza "Ummeeden Hasrat - o -Arman Sab Dafna Liye Dil Mein; Dil - e - Barbad Mein Ab Ranj - o - Gham Aabad Karte hain" and "Nahi Apni Koi Manzil, Kahan Jaayen Kidhar Jaayen; Sahara Maut Ka Hai Maut Ko Ab Yaad Karte Hain".

I will be grateful if you could upload this song at your earliest convenience as I have been searching for it since I first heard it.

Thank You

Pradeep

+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Aug 4 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

First of all, I want to give you and Dharamvirji my heartfelt thanks for this gift! My father and I have had a quest to try and find his old recordings. I was informed of this forum and we are very fortunate to have you all here. It is a fulfilling of my dream (personally) to hear these long forgotten and rare gems. After putting numerous posts on RMIM the result was luke warm although not completely fruitless. But still a large part of his songs from Lahore era are missing. If you have more of these please upload. I never heard the actual Gowandi songs although I have accompanied my father on tabla when he would sing them on video or in a concert.

It is my plan to have my father spend a few minutes everyday writing something special that I can post for you all. If you have anything is particular to ask him then let me know. I find that even though he likes to speak of his experiences of yesteryears it drains him if it goes on for too long smile1.gif

I am so excited about meeting you all here that I wish there was a way to get everyone together in one place sometime in the future to have you meet him personally. But, after seeing how far and wide the members are dispersed this can be a daunting task! But, then again, it could happen smile1.gif

I am also trying to get him to talk on video re. his life and times in the Indian music industry. It is so much fun to speak with him. Just a simple question can trigger some of the most interesting memories and invaribly the information is intriguing and filled with insight.

Kind regards,
Ashwin Batish

QUOTE(maheshks @ Aug 3 2005, 06:36 PM)
Welcome Sir,

We are very happy and fortunate to have you here with us.  clap1.gif

....we are from comparitvely much younger aga group and we hope that Panditji would share with us his experience in the music industry during 40s and 50s.

I had not heard much of Panditji's except those super hit songs... Khamosh Nigahen.... and then the famous qwali of barsaat ki raat and ...Manmohan Man main ho tumhi ....only untill Dharamvir paaji uploaded those rare beautiful punjabi songs from the 1941releae punjabi movieGowandi..

gham dil na lagaa rakhiye
a cheez bagaani ai
yara da suneda hai
sajna di nishani ai

courtsy Dharamvir pa
party2.gif

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Aug 4 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

A Very warm welcome to Ashwin Ji bow.gif And my humble Pranaams to Pandit Ji bow.gif

Here's the song that everybody has been talking about.

Song: Na Toh Kaarwaan Ki Talaash Hai
Film: Barsaat Ki Raat (1960)
Music: Roshan (Nagrath)
Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi
Singers: Mohd. Rafi,Manna Dey,Shiv Dayal Batish,Asha Bhonsle,Sudha Malhotra & Chorus

Enjoy the song!!!!!! thumbs-up.gif smile1.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
dharmvir
post Aug 5 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1860

QUOTE(Ashwin Batish @ Aug 4 2005, 06:12 PM)
First of all, I want to give you and Dharamvirji my heartfelt thanks for this gift! My father and I have had a quest to try and find his old recordings. I was informed of this forum and we are very fortunate to have you all here. It is a fulfilling of my dream (personally) to hear these long forgotten and rare gems. After putting numerous posts on RMIM the result was luke warm although not completely fruitless. But still a large part of his songs from Lahore era are missing. If you have more of these please upload. I never heard the actual Gowandi songs  although I have accompanied my father on tabla when he would sing them on video or in a concert.

It is my plan to have my father spend a few minutes everyday writing something special that I can post for you all. If you have anything is particular to ask him then let me know. I find that even though he likes to speak of his experiences of yesteryears it drains him if it goes on for too long smile1.gif

I am so excited about meeting you all here that I wish there was a way to get everyone together in one place sometime in the future to have you meet him personally. But, after seeing how far and wide the members are dispersed this can be a daunting task! But, then again, it could happen smile1.gif

I am also trying to get him to talk on video re. his life and times in the Indian music industry. It is so much fun to speak with him. Just a simple question can trigger some of the most interesting memories and invaribly the information is intriguing and filled with insight.

Kind regards,
Ashwin Batish

QUOTE(maheshks @ Aug 3 2005, 06:36 PM)
Welcome Sir,

We are very happy and fortunate to have you here with us.  clap1.gif

I had not heard much of Panditji's except those super hit songs... Khamosh Nigahen.... and then the famous qwali of barsaat ki raat and ...Manmohan Man main ho tumhi ....only untill Dharamvir paaji uploaded those rare beautiful punjabi songs from the 1941releae punjabi movieGowandi..

gham dil na lagaa rakhiye
a cheez bagaani ai
yara da suneda hai
sajna di nishani ai

courtsy Dharamvir pa
party2.gif

I welcome you at this forum, and cnt" help uploading

Jalakar Aag Dil Mein Zindagi Barbad Karte Hain....Batish sahib...Toofan 54(qwality is not so good)

This is my hertiest welcome

IPB Image
+Quote Post
dharmvir
post Aug 5 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

and another from Toofan-54

Duniya Se Shikayat Kaun Kare Arman Bhara dil toot Gaya

IPB Image
+Quote Post
dharmvir
post Aug 5 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Both the above songs are in compromising qwality
If any music lover or Batish ji have better qwality please upload.
I always love hear both songs

IPB Image
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Aug 5 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

QUOTE(dharmvir @ Aug 5 2005, 04:03 PM)
Both the above songs are in compromising qwality
If any music lover or Batish ji have better qwality please upload.
I always love hear both songs

Dharmvirji

clap1.gif clap1.gif

Kitne ratan bhare hain apke khazaane mein bow.gif
Bus isee tarah kripa banaye rakhen

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:56 PM