Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Flute - In Search Of Life

, Fusion - Pt. Ronu Majumdar with Christian Seiffert, Sandor Frick

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flute - In Search Of Life, Fusion - Pt. Ronu Majumdar with Christian Seiffert, Sandor Frick
Bhavita
post Oct 31 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 103114

This is an album with melodious compositions released in 2005. Flute with Piano and the Guitar. Would be happy to share these with members anytiime smile1.gif

The pieces are:
1. Creation of Life
2. Garden of Secrets
3. Flight to freedom
4. Wings of infinity
5. Obsession
6. Incarnation
7. Yultide
8. Raag Kirwani

Here is an exceprt to the introduction of the album

"The story of the CD began on that fateful sunday morning when our common friend Phllip Hohl invited some musicians to his apartment. Ronu who was on tour in Europe was staying for a few days with Phillip. When I demonstrated a piece from my last CD, which begins with a long meditative sound, Ronu , without saying a word took one of his flutes and began improvising. We all were as if struck by lightining. Immediately we all understood that we are united by a special musical brothership...A great fascination went of the connection of the archaic world of bansuri with the modern computer technology. But our even more ambitious aim was to create a musical style in which the western and eastern elements penetrate each other in the flute as well as the synthesizer tracks.We thought this could be done bacause Ronu has a good knowledge of the history and the theory of western music , and I always felt a special sympathy to the indian scales and the method of playing melodic lines with melismas

..... when Ronu was back in Basel again we transalated the flute parts into Indian writing first. Ronu asked me why did you compose such difficult pieces for me. I answered him 'Shall I give pieces for beginners to one of the world's best flutist?

...Ronu worked with absolute professionality and at a breath taking tempo. He played the difficult parts primavista, three half days sufficed to record everything. His playing was filled with charming emotions and gliterring colours, just as if he had occupied himself with these pieces his whole life. He not only perfectly understood my imaginations, but helped to accomplish all that was not completed thought out"

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

Without music life would be a mistake
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Where words fail, music speaks
- Hans Christian Anderson

Music is spiritual. The music business is not
- Van Morrison
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
venkat
post Oct 31 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

Please upload one from that list, that you think is the best, Bhavita! smile.gif

Would like to try it out!

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Nov 1 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Bhavita sis and Venkat bhai, but the album is 2005 release! ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Bhavita
post Nov 1 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 103114

Yes, HT.

It is very much a 2005 release, hence not uploaded on HF.
When I said i would be happy to share it , I meant email if required smile1.gif

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

Without music life would be a mistake
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Where words fail, music speaks
- Hans Christian Anderson

Music is spiritual. The music business is not
- Van Morrison
+Quote Post
singh_avinash
post Nov 12 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 15524

Sounds awesome. Keep up the good work, Bhavita.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:21 AM