Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Asha Bhonsle - A Query To Her Die-hard Fans!!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asha Bhonsle - A Query To Her Die-hard Fans!!
peterpan
post Mar 10 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15313

I guess this happens sometimes that there's a tune to which you don't either have the lyrics or the name of the film to it. While watching Jewel Thief recently there was a tune in the movie which I am quite sure was sung by Asha in the early 70s and probably one of her caberet numbers which I haven't heard since then and is probably therefore a rare one. My query is this - was there a song in the movie which was deleted for some reasons? This tune, of course, could have been used by SD Burman or RD Burman or others too for that matter. I have extracted that part of the music from the DVD (from Jewel Thief) so one will of course need to download it to have a crack at it.
Thanks in advance!!!!!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Mar 10 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

QUOTE(peterpan @ Mar 10 2010, 09:22 AM) *
I guess this happens sometimes that there's a tune to which you don't either have the lyrics or the name of the film to it. While watching Jewel Thief recently there was a tune in the movie which I am quite sure was sung by Asha in the early 70s and probably one of her caberet numbers which I haven't heard since then and is probably therefore a rare one. My query is this - was there a song in the movie which was deleted for some reasons? This tune, of course, could have been used by SD Burman or RD Burman or others too for that matter. I have extracted that part of the music from the DVD (from Jewel Thief) so one will of course need to download it to have a crack at it.
Thanks in advance!!!!!

I think, its used in Piya Too Ab To Aaja...Caravan... unsure.gif

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
peterpan
post Mar 11 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Mar 11 2010, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(peterpan @ Mar 10 2010, 09:22 AM) *
Thanks in advance!!!!!

I think, its used in Piya Too Ab To Aaja...Caravan... unsure.gif

Thanks Erumji that would have been the obvious wouldn't it? No it is not that unfortunately.
+Quote Post
behenji.turned.mod
post Mar 11 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7547

i think it sounds quite a bit like the pink panther music by mancini.....not the immediately recognizable main dhun ...but when all the skulking is done

atleast....i thought exactly this while watching jewel thief a coupla weeks ago
+Quote Post
peterpan
post Mar 13 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(behenji.turned.mod @ Mar 11 2010, 03:02 PM) *

i think it sounds quite a bit like the pink panther music by mancini.....not the immediately recognizable main dhun ...but when all the skulking is done

atleast....i thought exactly this while watching jewel thief a coupla weeks ago

Many thanks for your reply. You're absolutely right on!! I did think it sounded a lot like the Pink Panther music when I downloaded it. I did search for this quite a bit on the internet including the thread on Helen and Asha where I thought it indeed might be lurking. The only other hint or the thing that I can recall is that Asha keeps singing paa...paa...paa.. in the song. This indeed looks like a very rare one of hers but I remember hearing it quite regularly on VB in the early seventies (1972ish).
+Quote Post
mss
post Mar 13 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11330

Yes, Indeed Ashaji has sung the song and the song is "Tum Jaison ko to payal Mein bandh loun" from 1972 GARAM MASALA. THe song is picturised on the gorgeous Bindu. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mss: Mar 13 2010, 04:53 PM

Shafi
+Quote Post
peterpan
post Mar 13 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(mss @ Mar 14 2010, 12:15 AM) *

Yes, Indeed Ashaji has sung the song and the song is "Tum Jaison ko to payal Mein bandh loun" from 1972 GARAM MASALA. THe song is picturised on the gorgeous Bindu. smile.gif

Thanks Shafiji. So the year I estimated was indeed correct. smile.gif So this was quite a quiz like they used to have on sa re ga ma where a tune was played and one had to guess a song.
Thank you once again.
Raj
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:07 PM