Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rafi Sahab's Complete Hindi Filmography

, Database!!

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
18 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rafi Sahab's Complete Hindi Filmography, Database!!
Anupama
post Jul 29 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #226

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(romesh @ Jul 12 2010, 04:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 12 2010, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(romesh @ Jul 11 2010, 03:58 AM) *

QUOTE(swaminathan63 @ Jul 11 2010, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(romesh @ Jul 11 2010, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 10 2010, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Jul 6 2010, 01:03 PM) *

Anupama ji ...4625 Songs List Which You Have Provided ..! Any More Update on Film Song List ...?

Deboji, after a few deletions and additions, my Hindi film count is 4644 so far!

HI ANUPAMA
You are right on the dot as far as the number of film songs sung by Rafi sahib is concerned. I have a book on Rafi Saheb named as “MOHAMMAD RAFI---MERE GEET TUMHARE" published in 1998. A brief break up of these songs is as under

SOLO SONGS------------------------------------------2238
DUETS WITH MALE SINGERS--------------------------205
DUETS WITH FEMALE SINGERS----------------------1926
TRIPPLE SINGERS & CHORUS-------------------- ----275
_______
TOTAL 4644

Besides above some important information regarding Rafi Saheb music journey is also given below for information of the members as taken out from the book itself

FIRST FILM----------------------------GUL BALOCH (PUNJABI)
GEET-------------------------------------------------SOHNIYE NI HEERIYE NI TERI YAAD NE SATAYA (EVERYBODY IS LOOKING FOR THIS SONG)
________________________________________________________________________________
______-
FIRST RECORDED HINDI GEET
GEET-------------AJI DIL HO KABU MEIN TO DILDAR KI AISI TAISI
CO SINGER---------G M DURRANI & SAATHI
M / D------------------SHYAM SUNDER
FILM--------------GAON KI GAURI-1945

FIRST RELEASED HINDI FILM CONTAINING RAFI SAHEB SONG
GEET---------------------------------------------------HINDUSTAN KE HUM HAIN HINDUSTAN HAMARA
SINGER------------------------------------------------RAFI & SAATHI
M / D----------------------------------------------------NAUSHAD
FILM----------------------------------------------------PEHLE AAP-1947

THE LAST SONG WAS RECORDED ON 28TH JULY 1980
GEET-------------TERE AANE KI AAS HAI DOST—SHAM KYON UDAS HAI DOST
FILM-------------------------------------------------AAS PAAS-1980
M / D--------------------------------------LAXMIKANT PYARELAL
GEETKAR-------------------------------ANAND BAKSHI

• SUNG MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SONGS WITH LAXMIKANT PYARELAL
• SUNG MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SONGS WRITTEN BY MAJROOH SULTANPURI
• SUNG MAX. NUMBER OF SONGS WITH MANNA DEY AS MALE CO-SINGER
• SUNG MAX NUMBER OF SONGS WITH ASHA AS FEMALE CO SINGER
• SUNG MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN FILM BASANT-1960 (M / D O P NAYYAR) IT HAS 14 SONGS OUT OF WHICH 11 WERE SUNG BY RAFI SAHEB
• MANY RAFI SAHEB SOLO SONGS WERE FILMED ON MORE THAN ONE ACTOR OUT OF WHICH A SONG FROM FILM BADNAM FARISHTE-1971 WAS FILMED ON NINE ACTORS

In case any other information is reqd I can look in the book and provide to the members.

quote=romesh

Hi Romesh

Thanks for the titbits.

Incidentally, I have 12 songs of Basant (if you include Chori Chori Ek Ishara, the sad version filmed on Johnny as a separate one).

Meena Bazar has 11 (I have 10 and there is another one in Anupamajis list).

Qawaali Ki Raat also has 9 songs of Rafi Sahab

The Badnam Farishte song is a really unique one the song being BA MA PHD, yeh diplome yeh degree.

Regards

Swaminathan

hi Swaminathan

I have checked the information provided by ANUPAMA in her data base. the 11th song mentioned in the data base is "kab tak uthayen aur yeh gham. this song is from film NAQAB-1955. the database need to be corrected. the same song is also mentioned in the database in film NAQAB.

romesh

Romeshji, many thanks for the additional information. Who compiled the book? Is the count (4644) you mentioned for Hindi film songs only?
I'll definitely ask you to cross check if the need arises. Please don't hesitate to correct any errors from my list using your book.
I've deleted Meena Bazaar from the list. Thanks for pointing out the double entry.

Ek song kam ho gaya sad.gif

dear Anupama

I got hold of the book a few days back only. After a cursory look it was found that the figure 4644 relates to hindi film songs only. Besides, as per the information provided in the book Rafi Saheb has sung 328 non filmi geet in different languages and 112 film songs in different languages. Both these figures include panjabi film and non filmi songs
The book was compiled by Sandhya Ajit Pardhan & Preetam T Menghani Dombivli (East) Dist Thane (MAH). The book was released by O P NAYYAR. I will compare step by step ur database with the book and let u know any discrepancy. The efforts made by you in compiling the data is really commendable and deserves appreciation. Jitni bhi taarif ki jaaye woh kam hogi

with best wishes
romesh

hi Romeshji
Thank you so much for your kind words. Glad you got this book by Sandhya Ajit Pradhan & Preetam T Menghani. I wasn't aware of this compilation. The only book I've heard about on Rafi sahab's songs was Saleem-ul-Haq's book. I really wish I had some book ref. b4 starting my compilation. My work would have been less hectic. But never mind, with the help of some kind friends n members, I was able to pull it off.

I believe that no database is fullyaccurate or conclusive - be it my list, Saleem-ul-Haq's, Sandhya Ajit Pradhan's or for that matter any other database of Rafi sahab's songs. There will be many discrepancies among the lists.

For instance, my count on regional films (Assamese, Avadhi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Chhatisgarhi, English, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Maghadi, Mathili, Malayalam, Marathi, Marwari, Oriya, Punjabi, Telugu) is 356 and my non-film regional (Islamic Devotional, Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Konkani, Marathi, Persian, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi) is 295. Whereas, Sandhya Ajit Pradhan's book lists 328 non-film (diff. languages) and 112 film (diff languages) and Saleem-ul-Haq's book says something else.

Romeshji, can you check how many Punjabi songs (film n non-film) are listed in that book? Are Mangti and Gwandi (1942) also listed in the book, as mentioned by Abbasiji on this thread? I don't know why these titles keep coming up. In one of Rafi sahab's interviews, he mentioned Gul Baloch as his first Punjabi movie. How is it possible that the singer forgets his debut film? I recently watched Rafi sahab's documentary, where even his son Shahid Rafi mentions Gul Baloch to be his first Punjabi movie. I don't hear Rafi sahab in the Surjit Singh site's version which was uploaded on YT.

Many thanks once again for your input.

Regards
Anu
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anupama
post Jul 29 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #227

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Jul 12 2010, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 12 2010, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Jul 10 2010, 08:32 PM) *

A small correction in Fauladi Mukka (1965) album.

Mohammad Rafi, Shamshad Begum, chorus:
naadaan hai samajte nahin, samjhaana padega

Exon

Thank you so much Exon for the correction. After hearing the song, I realized that it wasn't Lata M. I amended the list accordingly. smile.gif

Anu,

You are very welcome. I have some details on Hanuman Chalisa (1969).

This movie was made by combining scenes and songs from following movies:
Shri Rambhakta Hanuman,PawanPutra Hanuman,Hanuman Patal Vijay, Chandrasena, Sampoorna Ramayana.

Three songs in your spreadsheet under Hanuman Chalisa were reused from Pawan Putra Hanuman (Music: Chitragupta).

These details on Hanuman Chalisa came from HF archive.

Exon

Exon, thanks a million for solving this mystery. One question - were all the songs from Pawan Putra Hanuman reused in Hanuman Chalisa? I have just three listed under Hanuman Chalisa 1969.

1. Jai Raghunandan Jai Siyaram

2. Seete Hey Seete Ram Hey Ram (Mere Ram Kahan Ho)

3. Ram Ki Mahima (Bhari Sabha)

Pawan Putra Hanuman has four songs, including Mere Mann Mein Hai Ram.

+Quote Post
Anupama
post Jul 29 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #228

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 20 2010, 11:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Jul 21 2010, 08:14 AM) *

I have two audio of this song from Gharana (1949).

In the low_bit audio (possibly film version) of the song, the male singer doesn't appear to be Mohammad Rafi. The song stanzas also differ in these two audios. If anyone would like to comment on the male singer, here are the audios.

Paro (Shama?), Mohammad Rafi:
fariyaad na karna, haaye kahin fariyaad na karna (Film ver?:2:39 \ 24, Rec ver: 2:57 \ 128)

Exon

Exon, I am not sure about where I got this info from, but the singers of the two version are probably Paro & Gul Raja (Raza?) and Mohd. Rafi & Shyama.

Need more knwoledgeable members to confirm this.

Aditya

ohmy.gif Who is this Shyama singer? I've never heard of her before. I tagged the female singer as Paro. Okay, made the change accordingly. Thanks for the info Aditya and Exon!

+Quote Post
Anupama
post Jul 29 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #229

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ron18c @ Jul 22 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Anupamaji,
Could you please upload your updated/corrected Database List (as it stands now) ?
Regards

Ronji, I'm still working on the corrections/additions/deletions of the master list. Once it's completed n nearly accurate I'll b happy to share it with fellow members.
+Quote Post
Anupama
post Jul 29 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #230

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ron18c @ Jul 22 2010, 11:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jun 11 2010, 03:39 AM) *

QUOTE(swaminathan63 @ Jun 10 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Swaminathanji, I am aware of these parts and I have all of em. If you listen to the first part of Humne Suna Tha Ek Hai Bharat closely, you will see that it ends in "Sadiyon Ki Bhookh Aur Bekaari Kya Ek Din Mein Jaayegi" and the second part starts off with the same line. I consider it as a continuation of the same song.

Do Bhai's song - Iss Duniya Mein has three parts in the movie.
The third part plays after Ashok Kumar dies in the movie.
Tujhse Ho Jaaye Na Kuchh Buraai
Tu Bhala Hai Bura Hai Zamaana.......

I have the vinyl version of the song, which contains all the three parts and is 6:28 in duration. That is why I feel it is one song. A lot of movies have the same issue. I'm not counting the album versions n film versions in this list, though I have made a list of song versions for my personal reference.

Check this out:

Also Anupamaji if you can upload the above database also (the one with the song duration and different versions) then it will be of great help.It will help in finding out whether one has the full song or the truncated version etc.
Regards

Ronji, I understand that the list with different versions and duration will help the members here. I like to collect film versions and album/record versions both. I compiled the list solely for my personal reference. I've provided the master list to you. It would be nice if you could start making the other list (with versions n durations) according to your personal needs. If you need any information about the versions n their durations, don't hesitate to ask! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Exon
post Jul 31 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #231

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 29 2010, 03:28 AM) *

Anu,

Shri Rambhakta Hanuman,PawanPutra Hanuman,Hanuman Patal Vijay, Chandrasena, Sampoorna Ramayana.

Three songs in your spreadsheet under Hanuman Chalisa were reused from Pawan Putra Hanuman (Music: Chitragupta).

Exon

Exon, thanks a million for solving this mystery. One question - were all the songs from Pawan Putra Hanuman reused in Hanuman Chalisa? I have just three listed under Hanuman Chalisa 1969.

Anu,

I think, there were about 4 or 5 songs reused from PPH; among them only 3 were by Rafi . Remaining songs of Hanuman Chalisa came from other 4 or 5 movies (listed above).
CM2's 'From Here and There' thread had an album listing of Hanuman Chalisa. If you don't find his old post, I will try to dig and find for you.

A few days ago, I came across 'Rona Tera Ghadi Ghadi' song. It appears in both Hamara Adhikar (1970) and Baap Bahu aur Beta (1969). I don't know if these two movie titles refer to a single movie.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: Jul 31 2010, 04:53 AM
+Quote Post
r&d
post Aug 2 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #232

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

Here is one song not in your punjabi list

Billo (1961)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ron18c
post Aug 2 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #233

Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 107657

Ronji, I'm still working on the corrections/additions/deletions of the master list. Once it's completed n nearly accurate I'll b happy to share it with fellow members.

Thanks Anupama-ji for the response.It is really a huge task.I hope with the inputs of all the wondrful members you will be able to make an accurate database. Please omit the "ji" from next post onwards.
Best wishes.

+Quote Post
surhall
post Aug 2 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #234

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

hi
here is also one song

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=669496&
dhall
+Quote Post
Anupama
post Aug 5 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #235

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Jul 30 2010, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jul 29 2010, 03:28 AM) *

Anu,

Exon

Anu,

I think, there were about 4 or 5 songs reused from PPH; among them only 3 were by Rafi . Remaining songs of Hanuman Chalisa came from other 4 or 5 movies (listed above).
CM2's 'From Here and There' thread had an album listing of Hanuman Chalisa. If you don't find his old post, I will try to dig and find for you.

A few days ago, I came across 'Rona Tera Ghadi Ghadi' song. It appears in both Hamara Adhikar (1970) and Baap Bahu aur Beta (1969). I don't know if these two movie titles refer to a single movie.

Exon

Exon, thanks for the clarification. I don't think that the fourth song (Mere Mann Mein Hain Ram) was reused in the movie Hanuman Chalisa. I downloaded the introduction clip of Hanuman Chalisa which you uploaded recently on Swaminathanji's thread. Thanks a lot for it. It says - they reused the songs from Shri Ram Bhakta Hanuman, Pawan Putra Hanuman, Hanuman Pataal Vijay n Sampooran Ramayan.

I found CMji's thread regarding Hanuman Chalisa:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...3337&st=481
Attached Image

According to his post, the following Rafi sahab's songs were reused in Hanuman Chalisa:

Pawan Putra Hanuman - Bhari Sabha Mein
Pawan Putra Hanuman - Jai Raghunandan (Jai Bolo Siyawar Ram Ki)
Pawan Putra Hanuman - Mere Ram Kahan Ho (Seete Seete Ram Hey Ram)

No other Rafi sahab's songs from Hanuman Pataal Vijay, Sampoorna Ramayan or Shri Ram Bhakta were reused.

Baap Bahu Aur Beta 1969 - Rona Tera Ghadi Ghadi (vinyl) was uploaded by Saj1974 at the following thread:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...6265&st=276

Apart from this I couldn't find any other info on Baap Bahu Aur Beta on the net. It could be just an error or only Saj-ji can solve this mystery.

Check this thread too. I don't see Baap Bahu Aur Beta there either.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=53765

I'm keeping both in the list until this puzzle is solved.

That reminds me to add Circus Queen 1959 - Hum Tumse Poochhte Hain - Mohd.Rafi & Geeta Dutt's song to the list. This song is originally from Hamaari Shaan 1951 and was reused in Circus Queen 1959 later.
Thanks again for the clarification!

+Quote Post
Anupama
post Aug 5 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #236

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 1 2010, 11:18 PM) *

Here is one song not in your punjabi list

Billo (1961)
IPB Image

Rajnishji, this song is already in my Punjabi list. There are three other songs from Billo 1961 which I've posted below:

Billo 1961 - Assan Chan Nu Gawaah Kitta
Billo 1961 - Kithe Chaliye Ni Tu Mutyaare (Gore Rang De Ne Dushman Saare)
Billo 1961 - Ni Bach Mod Ton
Billo 1961 - Tang Ponchiyan Di Paa Ke

Thanks for the scan!
+Quote Post
Anupama
post Aug 5 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #237

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ron18c @ Aug 2 2010, 08:55 AM) *

Thanks Anupama-ji for the response.It is really a huge task.I hope with the inputs of all the wondrful members you will be able to make an accurate database. Please omit the "ji" from next post onwards.
Best wishes.

You're most welkom Ron! Thanks to everyone who has been helping me correct the list. I've omitted the "Ji". Please do the same. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 6 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #238

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anupama @ Aug 5 2010, 06:38 AM) *

Baap Bahu Aur Beta 1969 - Rona Tera Ghadi Ghadi (vinyl) was uploaded by Saj1974 at the following thread:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...6265&st=276

Apart from this I couldn't find any other info on Baap Bahu Aur Beta on the net. It could be just an error or only Saj-ji can solve this mystery.

Check this thread too. I don't see Baap Bahu Aur Beta there either.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=53765

I'm keeping both in the list until this puzzle is solved.

That reminds me to add Circus Queen 1959 - Hum Tumse Poochhte Hain - Mohd.Rafi & Geeta Dutt's song to the list. This song is originally from Hamaari Shaan 1951 and was reused in Circus Queen 1959 later.
Thanks again for the clarification!

Anu,

Thanks for posting CM2's post on Hanuman Chalisa album image.

A friend has checked Geet Khosh and informs me that Baap Bahu aur Beta and Hamara Adhikar are one and same movie.

Are Aasha (1980) and Do Waqt ki Roti (1988) same movie with two releases?
I notice that three songs are overlapping between Satyanarayan (1948) & Bhikhaari (1949). Is this a case of song reuse?

I thought, Sangam song (yeh mera prem patra) has 3 or 4 separate recorded versions; solo, duet, slow solo.

Exon
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Aug 6 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #239

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 6 2010, 03:34 AM) *

These are two completely different movies. The only common factor between the two films was LP's music and Reena Roy. I don't think there is any song overlap between the two. Which songs according to the list are overlapping?

Aditya

+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 6 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #240

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Aug 6 2010, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 6 2010, 03:34 AM) *

These are two completely different movies. The only common factor between the two films was LP's music and Reena Roy. I don't think there is any song overlap between the two. Which songs according to the list are overlapping?

Aditya

Aditya,

It is, 'Tune Mujhe Bulaaya Sheraan Waaliye' by Rafi, Chanchal, chorus.
Now, I checked with 80s spreadsheet by Sangeet, it seems to belong to Aasha and not Do Waqt ki Roti.

I am checking on a few other instances of song reuse \ duplicates.

Exon
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:01 PM