Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I can do item songs too: Shreya Ghoshal

, An Interview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I can do item songs too: Shreya Ghoshal, An Interview
viquar
post Sep 1 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

At 20, Bollywood playback singer Shreya Ghoshal of "Devdas" fame mock complains that she's often taken too seriously.

"After 'Devdas', people think I only sing melodious serious songs," laughs Ghoshal.

"But hey, that's not it. I don't mind singing dance numbers and item songs at all," Ghoshal, perhaps Bollywood's youngest playback singer at the moment, told in an interview.

"Don't forget I did 'Jism'," giggles Ghoshal, referring to last year's sex and murder flick. The sultry songs of "Jism" brought a lot of fame for Ghoshal.

The daughter of an engineer at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Ghoshal's musical genes come from her mother, who is a singer.

"She always inspired me to sing and taught me a lot. Though she doesn't sing professionally," said Ghoshal.

Her next big project is "Tumsa Nahin Dekha" from the team that made "Jism" - director-producer Mahesh Bhatt and his daughter Pooja.

"'Tumsa Nahin Dekha' is a big project for me, I have seven songs in the album and they are of a wide variety - from a jazzy number to soft romantic tunes," she said.

"It has allowed me to experiment with the entire range of my singing capabilities."

The film stars Emraan Hashmi and Dia Mirza.

Ghoshal, who was first discovered through the TV crooning contest "Sa Re Ga Ma", shot to fame when director Sanjay Leela Bhansali chose her for his epic "Devdas"

"'Devdas' was a mind blowing experience," said Ghoshal. "Sanjay spotted me one and a half years before I actually got involved with the film."

She went on to sing for Bollywood queen Aishwarya Rai. "I met Aishwarya several times during the film and she was just wonderful. Extremely polite and charming.

"For me it was a dream come true. I was singing in a film which had the top stars of Bollywood -- Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dikshit."

She was also floored by Khan. "They say Shah Rukh is the King of Bollywood and he really is. He is just magnificent."

Ghoshal's other projects are a special album by Sony Music called "Tera Mera Pyar" and "Chehra", a film starring Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea.

As she notches up film after film, she is also planning to complete her MA in literature. I've just finished my graduation in English and since I love literature, I want to continue my studies. But it will have to be through correspondence."

The young Bengali girl is also dreaming of cutting her own album soon. "And I want to have a video that features me but I won't dance in it."

Is Tarhan Mairay Dil K Bohat Pass Ho Tum
Jis Tarhan Pass Sheh Rag K Khuda Rehta hai

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Sep 1 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Suna Imran,, she can do Item songs too smile1.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
viquar
post Sep 1 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 366

Ye Imran kaun hai ?? doh.gif

Is Tarhan Mairay Dil K Bohat Pass Ho Tum
Jis Tarhan Pass Sheh Rag K Khuda Rehta hai

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Sep 1 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

You shouldnt have asked that question Viquar. Ab teri khair nahin. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 1 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 1 2004, 10:58 AM)
You shouldnt have asked that question Viquar. Ab teri khair nahin. tongue.gif

And first released video album shall be presented to Imran wink2.gif by urs truly tongue.gif
+Quote Post
extenok
post Sep 1 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

The track 'Mujhe Tumse Muhabbat Hae Deewangee Kee Hadd Tak' from 'Tumsa Nahin Dekha' is supposed to be an item song. Check out the promos, if you still haven't. Besides, for item songs we have Sunidhi, who can handle the genre quite well. But, if Shreya thinks it will prove to the public that she can sing item songs, sure, lets get the party started.

By the way, the new video from the Tera Mera Pyar album is on all channels, and its Shreya's song 'Yeh Kya Hua ... Tere Mere Pyar Ki Baatein'. Lovely number. Would've been more enjoyable if Shreya was featured in it. sad1.gif

Imran

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 2 2004, 08:21 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(extenok @ Sep 1 2004, 10:34 PM)
The track 'Mujhe Tumse Muhabbat Hae Deewangee Kee Hadd Tak' from 'Tumsa Nahin Dekha' is supposed to be an item song. Check out the promos, if you still haven't. Besides, for item songs we have Sunidhi, who can handle the genre quite well. But, if Shreya thinks it will prove to the public that she can sing item songs, sure, lets get the party started.

By the way, the new video from the Tera Mera Pyar album is on all channels, and its Shreya's song 'Yeh Kya Hua ... Tere Mere Pyar Ki Baatein'. Lovely number. Would've been more enjoyable if Shreya was featured in it. sad1.gif

Imran

Awwwwwwwwwww that is real sad. Btw I saw movie called Saaya and in one of the songs - Shreya is featured as a school girl (she loox one alright wink2.gif) and the song is some kinda prayer song in the school. Dont miss it if you wanna see her on the screen smile1.gif

N_HF_News_Reporter smile1.gif
+Quote Post
extenok
post Sep 2 2004, 08:30 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

That would have to be the 'hamd' titled 'Har Taraf Har Jagah, Har Kahin Pe Hae, Haan Ussi Ka Noor'. I haven't seen the movie. But have heard that it was a 'Bhatt-inspiration' of the movie Dragonfly.

Now that you HAVE mentioned it. I'll rent it ASAP.
Thanks.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 2 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(extenok @ Sep 2 2004, 08:30 AM)
That would have to be the 'hamd' titled 'Har Taraf Har Jagah, Har Kahin Pe Hae, Haan Ussi Ka Noor'. I haven't seen the movie. But have heard that it was a 'Bhatt-inspiration' of the movie Dragonfly.

Now that you HAVE mentioned it. I'll rent it ASAP.
Thanks.

Yep thats right.. I liked the story.. but acting :X sowwy :X

John Abraham and Tara Sharma (Yuck what an awful voice she has :E ) plus we have wide mouth Mahima Chowdhury too :|

N :E
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Sep 2 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes... masti also has Tara Sharma.. what a voice? A turn off for sure. The way she says Jaanu Jaanu in the movie... yuck!!! Why can't they get her voice dubbed. Thank God she didnt have much to say in Bardaasht!! wink2.gif

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Sep 2 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Moving this article to Shreya's forum.

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Sep 2 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 2 2004, 12:02 PM)
Yes... masti also has Tara Sharma.. what a voice? A turn off for sure. The way she says Jaanu Jaanu in the movie... yuck!!! Why can't they get her voice dubbed. Thank God she didnt have much to say in Bardaasht!! wink2.gif

and that too she had a gharelu aurat role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a misfit hehehehehe

N tongue.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM