Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Humble Tribute To Kishore Da

, AAP KE ANURODH PE

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Humble Tribute To Kishore Da, AAP KE ANURODH PE
kurtcobain
post Jun 5 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

DEAR ALL,

allow me to fore-warn you that my voice is a far-cry from kishore da's baritone.... .. which is the main reason why i have always avoided singing kishore da's songs (although i have all his entire solo and duet 'anmol ratan' collections )

till now i have been singing rafi sahabs songs on this forum....but recently one of our members commented that he could only analyse kishore da's songs...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11824

therefore i have decided to send in a recording of a kishore da song...

i hope you like it....

do send in your reviews and encouragement

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dmuk20
post Jun 6 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1398

Dear kurtcobain,

I hav heard it 3-4 times. Nice effort it is. As it a KK song I can comment on it & the song is one of my favs too. But dont think I am an expert. I may be wrong too.

U hav chosen a very tough song. First tell me how much u hav practiced the song... was it just a try or u really love this song to sing...

Your start was not in "sur" & the fine harkat in 'aap ke anurodh "PE"' is completely absent in yours. Breathing shortage is seen once (at least). Sometimes ur voice is too loud & sometimes very low. Hope u will take my points positively & try to rectify those.

Wish u all the best for better performance in next song.

Rgds,
Debu.

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Jun 6 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

dear debu,

thanks for you review friend

i won't make any excuses for the singing dost, the faults are there because my voice is not a patch on kishore da

regarding 'sur', i have intentionally sung at a higher scale, since i am more comfortable on higher scales (hence my preference for rafi songs)

regarding volume going up and down.....well since i am recording on a cheap 200 rupee mic, i have to sing from a considerable distance, otherwise everything gets distorted

regarding how well i have rehearsed the song.....well, i used to love this song too, but that was when i was a die-hard kishore fan......several years ago, i haven't heard this song for several years though(explaining the wrong lyrics in the antara)

after that i became a rafi fan...............and then a sanu fan....its a long story

to tell the truth i love all singers, and i am especially fond of sad/senti/romantic songs. i don't follow the persobnalities of singers, or life-styles, i just listen to their songs, and love the feeling, i also love mukesh's sad songs

you know what, debu bhai, recording these songs for you is bringing back memories of being a kishore fan, and i have been listening to kishore da for the past one day

let me share one more recording with you debu bhai, another kishore song which has incredible depth

main shayar badnaam, main chala, main chala

KS fanclub website
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
dmuk20
post Jun 6 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

kurtcobain,

Voice type never makes me think over. I never compare singer's voice (singing KK's songs) with KK. I know that every individual has a different & unique voice. I can never think of singing even 5% like KK. But I always take care about the tune - try to copy the tune (even the finest harkats) but not the actual recording scale. I take the scale whichever is comfortable for me.

Abhijit Sawant's "Dil Kya Kare" & Babul Supriyo's "Chukar mere man ko" are some of the rares which I consider very well sung KK songs by other singer.

By the way, how do u record ur voice my friend.. Can u tell me in detail how can I do it. Listening to one's own voice hepls finding the fault easily.

Rgds,

Debu.

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Jun 7 2005, 04:18 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

did u like the recording of 'main shayar badnaam' debu bhai ?

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
dmuk20
post Jun 7 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

kurtcobain,

I hav heard it. It's good.....but it can be made better if u listen to the song more & more.

Rgds,
Debu.
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Jun 8 2005, 12:08 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Well sung Kurtji

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Jun 8 2005, 04:04 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

rollf.gif thank you for your encouragement friends rollf.gif

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:00 AM