Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Main Har Ik Pal Ka Shayar Hoon

, Some Video Songs

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Main Har Ik Pal Ka Shayar Hoon, Some Video Songs
Rating  5
Prabhakar
post Aug 17 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #151

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 620

I was looking for Toba Tek Singh on the internet but found this link to short stories in Devnagari script and decided to provide the link here since I can not find any other forum where I can.

This is a treasure for those of us who live abroad and do not easy access to books in Hindi. Hope you explore and enjoy it.

Here is the link :

http://www.abhivyakti-hindi.org/kahaniyan/index.htm

Prabhakar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 18 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #152

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7705

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Aug 17 2007, 07:18 AM) *

Hi
Kuchh mera hisaab aissa hee hai ki topic ko chhor kar idhar udhar ki baat mein lag jaata hoon. Sahir saheb ki thread mein Takseem Hind ki baat shuroo kar dee.

Harjinderji,
Jahan tak inssani dard aur dardmandi ki baat jaati hai sab kuchh Sahir se juda hai aur takseem ka to Sahir ki shayari aur zindagi par gahra rishta hai.Takseem par baat karna yaa Manto par baat karna Sahir se door jana nahin hai, kyonki hum un kadron ki baat kar rahen hain jinse Sahir gahre jude the.

Prabhakarji,
Link ke liye shukriya.

Ab main fir Sahir par aata hoon.
Dard ki baat ho li, ab thodi dawa ki baat :

Dharamputara(1961)
MD : N Dutta

Kabe Me Raho Ya Kaashi Me Matlab To Usi Ki Jaat Se Hai

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 27 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #153

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Barsat Ki Raat(1960)
MD : Roshan

Na To Karvan Ki Talash Hai, Na To Humsafer Ki Talash Hai
(11:59, WMV, in two parts)

Part 1 :

+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 27 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #154

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Part 2 :

Ishq Azad Hai Hindu Na Musalman Hai Ishq
Aap Hi Dharm Hai Aur Aap Hi Imaan Hai Ishq
Jisse Aagaah Nahin Shaikho-Barahaman Dono
Us Haqeeqat Ka Garajta Huwa Elan Hai Ishq

Ye Ishq Ishq Hai Ishq Ishq...
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 28 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #155

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mukesh ji ko yaad karte huwe...

Dil Hi To Hai(1963)

Dil Jo Bhi Kahega Manenge, Duniya Me Hamara Dil Hi To Hai

(4:02, WMV)
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 28 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #156

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dil Hi To Hai(1963)

Tum Agar Mujh Ko Na Chaho To Koi Baat Nahin

(4:16, WMV)
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 28 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #157

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dil Hi To Hai(1963)

Tumhari Mast Nazar Gar Idhar Nahin Hoti

(3:33, WMV)
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 28 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #158

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dil Hi To Hai(1963)

Gusse Me Jo Nikhara Hai Us Hushn Ka Kya Kahna

(3:00, WMV)
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Aug 28 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #159

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Aug 14 2007, 09:35 PM) *

Hi
after reading your emotional outpouring about the partition of Hindustan , some personal memories and anecdotes come to mind. I am from a village in Ludhiana and in 1947 when the mass migration had started I remember my grandpa being asked by our Muslim neighbors who were Gujjars to take them to a camp at Raikot. My Dada ( as Grandpa is often referred to in Punjabi) did not want them to go and I often heard him pleading with them to stay in the village.But these events were of a far greater magnitude than he or most other people could influence. So he did finally take them to the camp and I remember them leaving, their womenfolk crying and men grimfaced.I also remember (I was a kid less than 5 years old) about six months later asking my grandpa as to when those families would come back and his answer full of sadness was that they would not.
My grandpa owned some farmland in tehsil Cheecho Watni district Montgomery (now Sahiwal) and a few months before August 1947 as he was getting ready to go there my father telling him not to go saying " aiss wele uthey halat theek naheen' and my grandpa just sat down on a Manja (cot) and did not get up for a long time.
Later we did get our property re-allotted in a nearby village.
Then many years later in a University class at Harvard, In Cambridge Mass. my younger daughter had enrolled in a Hindi/Urdu class. Most of the students were from South Asia and one day her teacher asked in class as to what the students knew about the partition of India. Some South Indian students said they had heard of it.Some North Indians knew a little bit more about it. But when he asked my daughter, her answer was that this was a topic that got talked about in her household almost every day. And she was surprised as to how little it seemed to matter to others.Her teacher's reply was that it depended upon who was most affected by it and Punjabees certainly were.It affects our lives and emotions even now. Mind you we (my family) were about 50 or so miles away from the closest point of the newly demarcated border. We did not suffer any losses, in men, women,or materials. But I do feel for people who lost their family members and possessions and can understand their feelings. In the movie Maachis Om Puri's character has some choice things to say about this Azaadi and lots of Punjabees would agree with him.Azadi was 'barbadi' for some and I guess, deliverance from slavery for many others. Harjinder

Harjinder ji..
I am moved by what happened to your family. sometimes, it is not the materialism that counts, but the attachments....woh ped..woh ghar..woh jameen..woh gaon...I can understand you totally. I am lucky because, i am a south indian and born much after the partition so never felt the pangs of the partition. The biggest burden will be on those who took that decision and they will carry it in netherworld too..
Here is a gem of a song, which makes us wonder what we do really want in life ..afterall..Yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai? Sahir ka ek aur anmol tofah hum sab ke liye...

Yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai?
Film Pyasa
Music S.D.Burman
Resolution 400x304
Bitrate 607 kbps

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Aug 28 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #160

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

QUOTE(anjvajay @ Aug 27 2007, 11:46 PM) *

Part 2 :

A million thanks for this video Anjvajay!

+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Aug 29 2007, 02:27 AM
Post #161

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

[quote name='simplefable' date='Aug 27 2007, 10:00 PM' post='406598']
[quote name='Harjinder' post='402050' date='Aug 14 2007, 09:35 PM']
Hi
after reading your emotional outpouring about the partition of Hindustan , some personal memories and anecdotes come to mind. I am from a village in Ludhiana and in 1947 when the mass migration had started I remember my grandpa being asked by our Muslim neighbors who were Gujjars to take them to a camp at Raikot. My Dada ( as Grandpa is often referred to in Punjabi) did not want them to go and I often heard him pleading with them to stay in the village.But these events were of a far greater magnitude than he or most other people could influence. So he did finally take them to the camp and I remember them leaving, their womenfolk crying and men grimfaced.I also remember (I was a kid less than 5 years old) about six months later asking my grandpa as to when those families would come back and his answer full of sadness was that they would not.
My grandpa owned some farmland in tehsil Cheecho Watni district Montgomery (now Sahiwal) and a few months before August 1947 as he was getting ready to go there my father telling him not to go saying " aiss wele uthey halat theek naheen' and my grandpa just sat down on a Manja (cot) and did not get up for a long time.
Later we did get our property re-allotted in a nearby village.
Then many years later in a University class at Harvard, In Cambridge Mass. my younger daughter had enrolled in a Hindi/Urdu class. Most of the students were from South Asia and one day her teacher asked in class as to what the students knew about the partition of India. Some South Indian students said they had heard of it.Some North Indians knew a little bit more about it. But when he asked my daughter, her answer was that this was a topic that got talked about in her household almost every day. And she was surprised as to how little it seemed to matter to others.Her teacher's reply was that it depended upon who was most affected by it and Punjabees certainly were.It affects our lives and emotions even now. Mind you we (my family) were about 50 or so miles away from the closest point of the newly demarcated border. We did not suffer any losses, in men, women,or materials. But I do feel for people who lost their family members and possessions and can understand their feelings. In the movie Maachis Om Puri's character has some choice things to say about this Azaadi and lots of Punjabees would agree with him.Azadi was 'barbadi' for some and I guess, deliverance from slavery for many others. Harjinder
[/quote]

Harjinder ji..
I am moved by what happened to your family. sometimes, it is not the materialism that counts, but the attachments....woh ped..woh ghar..woh jameen..woh gaon...I can understand you totally. I am lucky because, i am a south indian and born much after the partition so never felt the pangs of the partition. The biggest burden will be on those who took that decision and they will carry it in netherworld too..
Here is a gem of a song, which makes us wonder what we do really want in life ..afterall..Yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai? Sahir ka ek aur anmol tofah hum sab ke liye...

Film Pyasa
Music S.D.Burman
Resolution 400x304
Bitrate 607 kbps

[/quote
Hi
Thanks for the video upload of 'Pyasa' song 'Ye duniya agar mil bhi jaaye...' Sahir and Guru Dutt were two people in movieland who could genuinely express the anguish and sadness of their times and of that era.Pyasa is a good example of these two combining their talents to make an ode to the powerless and to the 'bebassi'that is part of their day to day existence.Harjinder
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 30 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #162

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Aug 28 2007, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(anjvajay @ Aug 27 2007, 11:46 PM) *

Part 2 :

A million thanks for this video Anjvajay!

You are most welcome Azgarji
+Quote Post
anjvajay
post Aug 30 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #163

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote name='Harjinder' date='Aug 29 2007, 02:27 AM' post='407096']
[quote name='simplefable' date='Aug 27 2007, 10:00 PM' post='406598']
[quote name='Harjinder' post='402050' date='Aug 14 2007, 09:35 PM']
Harjinder ji..

Film Pyasa
Music S.D.Burman
Resolution 400x304
Bitrate 607 kbps

[/quote
Hi
Thanks for the video upload of 'Pyasa' song 'Ye duniya agar mil bhi jaaye...' Sahir and Guru Dutt were two people in movieland who could genuinely express the anguish and sadness of their times and of that era.Pyasa is a good example of these two combining their talents to make an ode to the powerless and to the 'bebassi'that is part of their day to day existence.Harjinder
[/quote]

Harjinder ji,
Is song me sirf powerless ya bebasi nahin hai. Jahan sirf bebasi hoti hai wahan hatasha ka dhuwan hota hai, jab ki yahan dhuwan nahin aag hai : Jala Do Ise Phoonk Dalo Ye Duniya...
Bebasi ko Phoonk dalne wali is aag ki wajah se hi Sahir, Sahir hain.

Simplefable ji, thanks for this Sahir gem.
Looking more from you.
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Aug 30 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #164

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chalo Ek Baar Phir Se Ajnabi Ban Jayen Hum Dono (High Quality Audio+Video)
Singer: Mahendra Kapoor
Actors: Sunil Dutt, Ashok Kumar & Mala Sinha
Movie: Gumrah (1963)
MD: Ravi
Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi

Screen size is much larger than the thumbnails
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Aug 30 2007, 04:41 AM
Post #165

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mushaira - Tangg Aa Chuke Hain Kashmakash-e-zindagi Se Hum
Movie: Pyaasa
Actors: Guru Dutt, Mala Sinha & Rahman
Lyrics: Sahir Ludhianvi
Singer: Mohd Rafi

Screen size is much larger than the thumbnails
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:16 PM