Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kachha Dhaaga

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
190 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kachha Dhaaga
unni
post May 12 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Ab se main apney postings/uploads sirf is "dhaagey' mein karoonga. Mein nahin chahta kay meri wajeh se koi kisi-bhi-tareh ki taqleef mehsoos karein.

After singing-star Suraiyya's recent demise Lata-ji paid a lovely tribute to her, during which she recollected a song-recording with her and "another singer". Suraiyya-ji was then a bubbling spirit and started giggling, which got Lata-ji also into a 'giglacious" mood and it went on to become a giggling spree. Apparently the "other singer" was not amused and complained that she (Suraiyya-ji) was disturbing his singing.

I can imagine a conscientious Rafi-sahab at the recording-studio, seriously humming the lines and rehearsing for the recording, only to be interrupted time and again by high-pitched giggles from his two female co-singers.

My guess is it was at the recording of "Bheegi palkein ootha".

And I wouldn't blame him for thinking of them by the name of the film they were recording for: "DO GUNDE"!

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post May 13 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Don't mind me sir, just a question, how come you don't upload under MAS Files?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
UKM
post May 13 2004, 04:13 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 358

Jaisey hi mauka miley, wahaan bhi alag dhaaga shooroo karoonga. Kooch interesting music news...koi yaadgaar gaanein...kooch yaadein

Aur yeh sir-vir ja chakkar kya hai?
+Quote Post
UKM
post May 13 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 358

I envy anyone who has had the opportunity to meet, let alone know Rafi-sahab.

I met one in the mid-80's, an Indian businessman who was also a promoter of live performances in the USA. One of his visits to my office was just prior to an Asha Bhosle show arranged by him. When he made a mention about the forthcoming show, I tried to wangle out guest tickets (!), and he neatly diverted the subject by recounting his interaction with Ghulam Ali at a previous show. When he named this second artiste, I was curious to know which of the famous singers he had "presented", and among the names was "Mohd. Rafi".

Naturally, I was keen to elicit his experiences in regard to Rafi-sahab. His immediate response underscored the simplicity of the man, something we have all learnt from various sources.

My client had some role in promoting live performances by Rafi-sahab in the New York metropolitan area. He had met Rafi-sahab earlier and had taken him on a visit to his office in conjunction with the show-arrangements.

A day or two later, when he returned to his office after a meeting, he was totally surprised to find Rafi-sahab seated in his cabin, waiting for him! In the course of fetching him a soft-drink, my acquaintance exited the cabin and questioned his secretary/assistant about not having phoned and informed him that Rafi-sahab had come to see him. And she replied, "What could I do? I told him I would inform you. But he said, "Nahin, saab ko thung nahin karna, main thodi daer intezaar karoonga".n
+Quote Post
myawan
post May 14 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Wah, Rafi saab kya baat hai!

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
ffew2002
post May 14 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Wah Rafi Sahab,aap k kia kehne.......!!! smile.gif
ffew. tongue.gif

Meri Awaaz Suno
Piyar Ka Raag Suno

-----------------------

ffew :p
+Quote Post
Sharad
post May 14 2004, 01:24 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

whoa, just, whoa

wowsers

+Quote Post
unni
post May 15 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Earlier, I had posted a topic titled "RADIO DAYS"

In a sense, this is a continuation of that topic.

Shortly after Burman-dada passed away, a tribute to him was broadcast over Radio Ceylon. Lata-ji spoke about her association with Burman-dada, followed by the song "Thoom na jaaney kis jahaan mein kho gayey". Then a tribute by Rafi-sahab, as always a man of few words, and the song "Bichhdey sabhi, baari baari". Those song choices were so appropriate and poignant.

On Sunday afternoons, there used to be a program "Vishesh Jaymala". What was "vishesh" was that it was presented by a celebrity from the film/music industry. I used to wait week after week for the program to be presented by Rafi-sahab. To the best of my knowledge that never happened. But I do recollect hearing Manna Dey's presentation, ending on a note of humility, when he played "Soor na sajay, kya gaoon main".

At one time I possessed an audio-tape of my recording of the program broadcast on Vividh Bharati in tribute to Rafi-sahab a little after his demise. So many year later, I came across recordings from that broadcast on "Mohd. Rafi.com". A distinct memory is the sound of traffic in the background as Lata-ji spoke.

The least music-minded person I have come across is my father (he is 98 now and listens to sacred chants most of the time). He was not one bit interested when we used to listen to our beloved HFM. Nor was he interested in films. But my brothers and I persuaded our parents to join us to see "Dosti". It was a safe bet since it had a "noble" subject. Later that week, the radio was on at home and Rafi-sahab's classic "Chahoonga main tujhe" began to be heard. Just then my dad walked in, engaged in conversation with someone. Upon hearing the song, suddently he signalled silently to the other person, his hand stretched out and palm spread open: "Wait". And he remained there quietly, listening to that song till the very end, before resuming conversation. More amused than anything, we asked him something on the lines of "How come?". He sheepishly replied. "That's a nice song. I wanted to listen to it".

One other movie we took them to see was "Chitralekha". Apparently it went fine, till the part when the discipline and resolve of the "holy man" (played by Ashok Kumar) weakens and he succumbs to the attractions of the character played by Meena Kumari. My mother felt very let down. So innapropriate, yaar!

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post May 15 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (unni @ May 15 2004, 12:46 AM)
"Chitralekha".

Now I've not seen this. But the song 'Maine Chand Aur Sitaron Ki Tamanna Ki Thi' it didn't feature in the film did it? Damn shame!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post May 15 2004, 02:37 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

YaarMere:

Off the top of my head, "Mainay chaand aur sitaaron ki tamanna kee thee" may be from "Chandrakantha" (I may be wrong), a much earlier movie, but it definitely is not from "Chandralekha" (music by Roshan).

Cheersn-- Unni

+Quote Post
unni
post May 15 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Correction: "CHITRALEKHA".

Yeh "Chandralekha" kahaan say aa gaya?

Koi baat bahin, ub samujh mein aaya, "Chandralekha" tho ARR ka gaana hai.

+Quote Post
Sharad
post May 15 2004, 04:03 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

Maine Chand Aur Sitaaron Ki Tamanan Ki Thi

from the movie - Chandrakanta
Music by N. Dutta
Bharat Bhushan, Bina Rai, Johnny Walker etc.

Sharad

+Quote Post
unni
post May 21 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

THE MISSING BIOGRAPHY

Like the rest of you, I am eagerly awaiting to read the biography on Rafi-sahab by the gentleman in Hyderabad. But I am willing to take a safe bet that in terms of Rafi-sahab's life and times it will reveal little more than what we already know. I will come back to this point later in this post.

During my teenage days, there used to be acrimonious disagreements at home on the subject of singers. My eldest brother "V" was a Rafian. But he inculcated in me his taste for Talat-saheb. And later, he was the one to draw to my attention how Kishore-da tunefully varied the rendering of "rahee" into a multi-sylabled word in a repetition of the line in the song "Gaadee boola rahee hai". Our other brother "J" was/is a die-hard Lata-ji fan. And invariably there would be comparisons and disagreements and quarrels! Fed up with our quarrels, my mother remarked: "They are singing and acquiring fame and wealth,and you guys are fighting"! The ironic part is that "V" and I were both admirers and fans of Lata-ji, but because of this constant comparison and "competition", it detracted from our pleasure of listening to Lata-ji!

Even today, when we are much older (and supposedly wiser!), I take care not to fall into the trap of a discussion with "J" on the "comparative" merits of artistes!

Just last year, after some conversation about biographies on Lata-ji, he tried to tweak my nose by asking, "How come there is no biography on Mohd. Rafi"? And I replied, "What is there to write? He used to go for recordings and come home to his family".

The legend was known as a simple person, a kind soul, a devout Muslim, a good family man. He was not involved in politics of any kind. He did not throw tantrums or have affairs. He was a man of few "spoken" words. How much of a biography can one write about such a "subject"?

But then, will any biography do justice as compared to his own "autobiography" --- a tuneful khazaana of musical masterpieces in his own golden voice, left for succeeding generations to cherish and admire, and wonder, "Was that possible"?

+Quote Post
unni
post May 25 2004, 10:37 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here's a beautiful song I did not see listed in the Song Library: "Mujhe tumse mohabbat hai" (Film: Bachpan).

+Quote Post
unni
post May 25 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yet another beautiful number not yet featured in the Library: "Main tho thayray haseen khayalon mein kho gaya" (Film: SANGRAM).

+Quote Post

190 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:59 PM