Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses

65 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses
jassi
post Sep 15 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #901

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7657

Attached Image

This Sikh Girl from Ludhiana made her debut in the role of Muslim Girl as Laila.It was dream break for her.She worked oppocite Rishi Kapoor.Film got huge success.Ranjeeta was new star.After her debut movie,all three movies which got released after Laila Majnu were hits.She got critical acclaim too for her role of cancer patient in Akhiyon Ke Jharoke Se and other woman in Pati Patni Aur Woh.Distributers were not touching her third film Suraksha,coz it was having struggling Mithun Chakrawati as Hero,but after Ranjeeta's two successful films,Distributer finally agreed to release the film and it was surprise hit.But her classic films were her first three films Laila Majnu,Akhiyon Ke Jharokhen Se and Pati Patni Aur Woh.Later she made successful Pair with Mithun Chakravati.But Mithun was still tagged as B Grade Star,so Ranjeeta too got same tag.After that she appeared in more successful films like Tarana,Kismat,Raj Tilak,Khwab,Humse Badhkar Kaun,Satte Pe Satta,Unees Bees,Ghar Ek Mandir,Baazee etc.She even got to work with A list stars like Dharmendra,Sanjeev Kumar,Amitabh Bacchan,Shatrughan Sinha,Rajesh Khanna,Vinod Khanna etc.She was having an affair with Firoze and Sanjay Khan's brother Akbar Khan.When Mithun got success as a list actor,she did not get more films with him.After few flops she almost leave films and got married.She even made her comeback in 90s with Aamir,Madhuri starrer Deewana Mujhsa Nahin but and Sanjay Dutt,Govinda,Farha & Neelam starrer Do Chor.But could not get much attention,so she left films.Later in last of 90s she did some TV Seriels.Recently she did Manisha Koirala starrer Anjaane,which was Anjaan for audience.She is now back to acting with some TV Projects.She is again paired with Mithun Chakravati in film called Zindagi Tere Naam.

Attached Image
May be you dont know- She is one of few actresses who got supporting and leading nominees same year,She got Filmfare Best Actress Nominee for Akhiyon Ke Jharokhe Se and Supporting Actress Nominee for Pati Patni Aur Woh.She got Supporting Nominee for Teri Kasam too.

Her Performances- Laila Majnu(Rishi K),Akhiyon Ke Jharoke Se(Sachin),Pati Patni Aur Woh(Sanjeev K,Vidya S),Suraksha,Kismat,Sun Sajna,Tarana,Hamse Badhkar Kaun,Khwab,Unees Bees(Mithun C),Rajput(Dharmendra,Rajesh K,Hema,Vinod K,Tina M),Meri Biwi Ki Shaadi(Amol Palekar)Satte Pe Satta(Amitabh,Hema),Raj Tilak(Sunil Dutt,Rajkumar,Dharmendra,Hema,Reena,Kamal Hasan)Teri Kasam(Kumar G,Poonam D),Aap To Aise Na The,Armaan(Raj Babber),Ghar Ek Mandir(Shashi,Moushumi,Mithun),Bazee(Dharmendra,Rekha,Mithun) etc

Her Songs
1.Is Reshmi Paannjeb-Laila Majnu-Lata
2.Koi Pathar se-Laila Majnu-Lata
3.Akhiyon Ke Jharokhen Se-Title-Hemlata
4.Kayi Dinon Se-Akjs-Hemlata
4.Doli Chadungi-Mehndi-Lata
5.Chal Chameli-Krodhi-Lata
6.Hum Tum Dono-Tarana-Hemlata
7.Jo Baharon Se-Tarana-Hemlata
8.Tu Is Tarah Se-Aap To Aise Na The-Lata
9.Zindagi Ke Raste-Armaan-Lata
10.Mausam Mastana-Satte Pe Satta-Asha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jassi
post Sep 15 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #902

Group Icon

thanks reeth

yes nasir,aruna was quite funny in sansaar
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Sep 19 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #903

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(jassi @ Sep 15 2008, 11:28 AM) *

Attached Image

This Sikh Girl from Ludhiana made her debut in the role of Muslim Girl as Laila.It was dream break for her.She worked oppocite Rishi Kapoor.Film got huge success.Ranjeeta was new star.After her debut movie,all three movies which got released after Laila Majnu were hits.She got critical acclaim too for her role of cancer patient in Akhiyon Ke Jharoke Se and other woman in Pati Patni Aur Woh.Distributers were not touching her third film Suraksha,coz it was having struggling Mithun Chakrawati as Hero,but after Ranjeeta's two successful films,Distributer finally agreed to release the film and it was surprise hit.But her classic films were her first three films Laila Majnu,Akhiyon Ke Jharokhen Se and Pati Patni Aur Woh.Later she made successful Pair with Mithun Chakravati.But Mithun was still tagged as B Grade Star,so Ranjeeta too got same tag.After that she appeared in more successful films like Tarana,Kismat,Raj Tilak,Khwab,Humse Badhkar Kaun,Satte Pe Satta,Unees Bees,Ghar Ek Mandir,Baazee etc.She even got to work with A list stars like Dharmendra,Sanjeev Kumar,Amitabh Bacchan,Shatrughan Sinha,Rajesh Khanna,Vinod Khanna etc.She was having an affair with Firoze and Sanjay Khan's brother Akbar Khan.When Mithun got success as a list actor,she did not get more films with him.After few flops she almost leave films and got married.She even made her comeback in 90s with Aamir,Madhuri starrer Deewana Mujhsa Nahin but and Sanjay Dutt,Govinda,Farha & Neelam starrer Do Chor.But could not get much attention,so she left films.Later in last of 90s she did some TV Seriels.Recently she did Manisha Koirala starrer Anjaane,which was Anjaan for audience.She is now back to acting with some TV Projects.She is again paired with Mithun Chakravati in film called Zindagi Tere Naam.

Attached Image
May be you dont know- She is one of few actresses who got supporting and leading nominees same year,She got Filmfare Best Actress Nominee for Akhiyon Ke Jharokhe Se and Supporting Actress Nominee for Pati Patni Aur Woh.She got Supporting Nominee for Teri Kasam too.

Her Performances- Laila Majnu(Rishi K),Akhiyon Ke Jharoke Se(Sachin),Pati Patni Aur Woh(Sanjeev K,Vidya S),Suraksha,Kismat,Sun Sajna,Tarana,Hamse Badhkar Kaun,Khwab,Unees Bees(Mithun C),Rajput(Dharmendra,Rajesh K,Hema,Vinod K,Tina M),Meri Biwi Ki Shaadi(Amol Palekar)Satte Pe Satta(Amitabh,Hema),Raj Tilak(Sunil Dutt,Rajkumar,Dharmendra,Hema,Reena,Kamal Hasan)Teri Kasam(Kumar G,Poonam D),Aap To Aise Na The,Armaan(Raj Babber),Ghar Ek Mandir(Shashi,Moushumi,Mithun),Bazee(Dharmendra,Rekha,Mithun) etc

Her Songs
1.Is Reshmi Paannjeb-Laila Majnu-Lata
2.Koi Pathar se-Laila Majnu-Lata
3.Akhiyon Ke Jharokhen Se-Title-Hemlata
4.Kayi Dinon Se-Akjs-Hemlata
4.Doli Chadungi-Mehndi-Lata
5.Chal Chameli-Krodhi-Lata
6.Hum Tum Dono-Tarana-Hemlata
7.Jo Baharon Se-Tarana-Hemlata
8.Tu Is Tarah Se-Aap To Aise Na The-Lata
9.Zindagi Ke Raste-Armaan-Lata
10.Mausam Mastana-Satte Pe Satta-Asha

Tht was a Great write up jassi....among all the seventies gals i liked her the best, she had refreshing girl next door looks and was a good actress.I have seen her Akhiyon ke jharonkhon mein and Laila Majnu where she looked ravishing, resembling another stunner Sadhana... smile.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Sep 19 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #904

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Zarina Wahab -

Zarina came from a Muslim family in the Southern state of Andhra Pradesh like Waheeda Rehman.
She began her acting career with a small role in Dev Anands Ishq Ishq Ishq, afer which she landed with a plum role in Laila Majnu opposite Rishi Kapoor who was a big star by then. The film was a thumping success and zarina was noticed in a big way.She was flooded with offers and she got to do some fantastic films like Chitchor, Gharonda ,Sawan ko aane do, Agar ...She was extremely talented and well liked by the audience with her simple girl next door image..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Some prominent films she acted in :

Ishq ishq ishq
Laila Majnu
Chitchor
Naiyya
Salaam Memsaab
Sawan Ko Aane Do
Tumhare Liye
Agar
Anokha
Gharaonda
Mera Damad
Amrit
Dahleez
Hanste Khelte
Sitara
Jazbaat
Gopal Krishna
Jeena Yahan
Mera Damad
Amrit
Dahleez
Kisna

She is married to actor Aditya Panscholi and more or less retired from an active film career, though one get to see her occassionally in films like Kisna and tele serials...

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Sep 23 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #905

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Whatever happened to Jassi? Kahan ho tum? huh.gif confused.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
jassi
post Sep 23 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #906

Group Icon

very much here

well i think ranjeeta was having her own place between 70s top names like hema,zeenat,rakhee,rekha,reena,parveen etc and 80s top names like jayaprada,poonam,padmini etc..
she did not end up like vidya,rameshwari or zarina..but hold her position in bollywood...i think she is an underrated actress,she deserved little more
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Sep 26 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #907

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Sep 23 2008, 04:49 PM) *

very much here

well i think ranjeeta was having her own place between 70s top names like hema,zeenat,rakhee,rekha,reena,parveen etc and 80s top names like jayaprada,poonam,padmini etc..
she did not end up like vidya,rameshwari or zarina..but hold her position in bollywood...i think she is an underrated actress,she deserved little more

Jassi ,Any idea what she is upto now? is she married? is she still acting?

-William James
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Sep 26 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #908

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

QUOTE(Reeth @ Sep 26 2008, 10:23 PM) *

very much here

Attached Image

http://123.108.45.33/specials/ranjeeta-mak...k-mithun/148716

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
jassi
post Sep 27 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #909

Group Icon

yeah she is married,having a kid(i guess only son) and last time she acted in film called anjaane starring manisha koirala in lead,among her forthcoming film is zindagi tere naam with mithun
+Quote Post
lipgloss
post Oct 5 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #910

Group Icon

Member No.: 10048

Jassi were did you get all of those amazing pics from

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 5 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #911

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Sep 26 2008, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Sep 26 2008, 10:23 PM) *

very much here

Attached Image

http://123.108.45.33/specials/ranjeeta-mak...k-mithun/148716

QUOTE(jassi @ Sep 27 2008, 10:51 AM) *

yeah she is married,having a kid(i guess only son) and last time she acted in film called anjaane starring manisha koirala in lead,among her forthcoming film is zindagi tere naam with mithun

Thanx Erum, Jassi... smile.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 6 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #912

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(Reeth @ Sep 19 2008, 05:12 PM) *

Zarina Wahab -

Zarina came from a Muslim family in the Southern state of Andhra Pradesh like Waheeda Rehman.
She began her acting career with a small role in Dev Anands Ishq Ishq Ishq, afer which she landed with a plum role in Laila Majnu opposite Rishi Kapoor who was a big star by then. The film was a thumping success and zarina was noticed in a big way.She was flooded with offers and she got to do some fantastic films like Chitchor, Gharonda ,Sawan ko aane do, Agar ...She was extremely talented and well liked by the audience with her simple girl next door image..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Some prominent films she acted in :

Ishq ishq ishq
Laila Majnu
Chitchor
Naiyya
Salaam Memsaab
Sawan Ko Aane Do
Tumhare Liye
Agar
Anokha
Gharaonda
Mera Damad
Amrit
Dahleez
Hanste Khelte
Sitara
Jazbaat
Gopal Krishna
Jeena Yahan
Mera Damad
Amrit
Dahleez
Kisna

She is married to actor Aditya Panscholi and more or less retired from an active film career, though one get to see her occassionally in films like Kisna and tele serials...

Unfortunately, Zarina suffered a lot in her marital life from what we used to read in the film magazines many years ago.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Oct 7 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #913

Group Icon

Member No.: 4348

hello friends,

I was gonna erm put up my guest lists here, but came across this, so I tought I must share with U.

If U've not seen this, it a must, Amitabh Bachan fans just beware though ohmy.gif

I've never really taken any interest in their personal or cellebrity status, gossips, etc rumours have always been there but this is sooooo in your face laugh.gif

Parveen is soooo intelligent and articulate

I thought the interviewer was absolutely useless, soo many missed opportunities....Parveen wanted to spill all the beans, but was not allowed to, by this stupid, stupid, stupid thick bone headed interviewer

this could have been sensational interview, shame about her medical condition etc

She would have been a fantastic chat show host, Simi is a waste of space (had to throw that one in biggrin.gif) a coconut

can some one elaborate on this tiff, I thought they were doing each other for a while

smile.gif

+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 11 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #914

Group Icon

i have this collection of pics in a yahoo group
and also at some russian sites..
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 11 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #915

Group Icon

IPB Image
IPB Image
She started her career with Basu Chatterji's Classic Rajnigandha.Film got success and Vidya came into limelight.After family drama her next film was bold Hawas,where she was not leading lady.She came in another classic Chotti si Baat.Even after commercial success she too did not get much attention.She was not having sex appeal like other actress of that era.There was only Rakhee and Jaya Bacchan who were getting recognition in such roles or to an extent to Maushmi Chatterji..She got to work with brillient filmmakers like Basu Chatterji,B.R.Chopra and Gulzar.She got nice reviews for Karm,Pati Patni Aur Woh,Mukti,Inkaar,Meera,Tumhare Liye etc.But she was not in top league actresses.So she got married and started doing supporting roles in films like Love Story and Kirayedaar.But soon she left films.She had a girl child.Just few years back her husband passed away.Now she is back to acting.Currently she is doing TV seriels like Kavyyanjali and a seriel of DD 1.

May be you dont know-Among top actress of 70s like Hema,Zeenat,Parveen,Moushumi etc she too advertised for Lux Soap.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Her Performances-Rajnigandha(Amol P),Hawas(Nitu S,Anil Dhawan),Chhoti Si Baat(Amol P),Inkaar(Vinod K),Pati Patni Aur Woh(Sanejeev K,Ranjeeta),Mukti(Shashi K,Sanjeev K),Meera(Hema M,Vinod K),Tumhare liye(Sanjeev K),Swayamvar(Shashi,Sanjeev K,Moushumi C)Love Story(Rajendra K,Kumar G,Vijeta P,Danny)etc.
+Quote Post

65 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:27 PM