Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

S.d. Batish's Carnatic Mela Recordings

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S.d. Batish's Carnatic Mela Recordings
raga_tala
post Jan 7 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

Greetings,

I purchased Volume I of the Melakarta recordings in North Indian style by Pandit S.D. Batish. Whether you are a Batish fan or have great interest in classical music, this is a must! I especially enjoyed the Netra Chakra recordings, but all of the tracks are an enjoyable hear.

I was wondering, are the other five volumes released? I've been trying to search the web to see the other volumes, but I cannot find any. I would like to hear how some of the most unusual melas (to North Indian ears) would sound like.

Thank you very much!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ashwin Batish
post Feb 26 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2839

QUOTE(raga_tala @ Jan 6 2008, 09:42 PM) *

Greetings,

I purchased Volume I of the Melakarta recordings in North Indian style by Pandit S.D. Batish. Whether you are a Batish fan or have great interest in classical music, this is a must! I especially enjoyed the Netra Chakra recordings, but all of the tracks are an enjoyable hear.

I was wondering, are the other five volumes released? I've been trying to search the web to see the other volumes, but I cannot find any. I would like to hear how some of the most unusual melas (to North Indian ears) would sound like.

Thank you very much!

Glad to hear your comments. My father's approach was very unique and refreshing to say the least. I myself have become a huge fan of Carnatic ragas because of this.

The rest of the 60 Melas are not yet released. I am working on this. Please PM me and leave you email address so i can let you know when they become available.

Best wishes,
Ashwin Batish
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:57 PM