Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Oct 13 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #556

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Oct 12 2013, 03:39 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 29 2013, 12:48 PM) *

(Rajinder Krishan) Dhuaan (1953)

I am uploading most of the songs from this album below. It appears like I may be missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can please kindly share these with rest of us. Thank you.

Here are the songs I have...

Both the Krishna Goyal songs are one and the same. Atlib starts with SYAHI BAKHTI....

Viraj

Thanks for the info Viraj. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 13 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #557

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Oct 12 2013, 09:42 PM) *

One missing song albeit at a lower bit rate

Thank you very much Seshadri for the song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 13 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #558

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Jhanjhar (1953)

I am uploading all songs from this album except for two below. The two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Oct 13 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #559

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *

I am uploading all songs from this album except for two below. The two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

here is one song from Jhanjhar
taiyab
jhanjhar-53-lalita deolkar-duniya ke dukh hare hain-3.09 mins-128 b
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 13 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #560

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 13 2013, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *

here is one song from Jhanjhar
taiyab
jhanjhar-53-lalita deolkar-duniya ke dukh hare hain-3.09 mins-128 b

Thank you very much Dear Taiyab for the song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 14 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #561

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Munimji (1955)

This movie was the maiden directorial venture of Subodh (Kumar) Mukherjee (later of “Junglee” and other popular films), brother of S. Mukherjee (Shashidhar), a co-owner of the Filmistan Studios. Subodh only wanted to produce this film but reluctantly ended up taking directorial duties. Filmistan ended up producing the movie. Nasir Hussain, a future famous producer and director himself who churned out several successful musicals to his credit, co-wrote the screenplay with the director. Hussain also co-wrote the dialogues with Qamar Jalalabadi, who was a renowned lyricist himself but didn't write any songs for this movie. In spite of hodgypodginess of the storyline, the movie became a huge hit thanks mainly to fine portrayals of the principals and its chartbusting music by Burmanda.

Dev's portrayal in the movie was full of light-hearted fun and he walks through his role in gay abandonment. He was nominated in the Best Actor Filmfare Award category but lost to Dilip Kumar (for “Azaad”). Nirupa Roy who played Dev's mother won the Best Supporting Actress Filmfare Award.

When I watched the movie recently, what I remember most was its evergreen and youthfully exuberant music by Burmanda. It is a tribute to Burmanda's genius that even after 58 years the songs have the melody and sweetness that are endearingly appealing and satisfying. The song “Jeevan Ke Safar” by Kishoreda became a runaway hit and still when you hear this it is simply invigorating. Another popular song was the triplet by Geetaji, Hemantda, and Thakur (supposedly great actor Pran himself), “Dil Ki Umangen”. It is an unforgettable song that is absolute fun to listen to with both Geetaji and Hemantda at their teasing pleasing best. But the story doesn’t end there. Lataji sang six solos, one better than the other. This album stands tall as one of the great musical achievements of Burmanda. He was not nominated for any awards for his glorious achievement. However, that year’s Music Director Award went to Hemantda, for his great music of “Nagin”.

Music director Madan Mohanji has a small supporting role in the film as the brother of the heroine. Also, if one watches the song “Zindagi Hai Zinda” closely, they can spot Simi Garewal, who later shared lead in few films, as one of the dancers in the group.

I am uploading songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all songs and a couple of specials. The third post contains several instrumentals of the song “Jeevan Ke SafarMein”.

Here are the songs

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 19 2013, 05:40 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 14 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #562

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Munimji (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 14 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #563

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Various Instrumentals of the Song "Jeevan Ke Safar" from "Munimji (1955)"...

Enormous popularity enjoyed by the song "Jeevan Ke Safar" encouraged many aspiring and established musicians play its tune on their favourite instruments. Here are some of these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 15 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #564

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Shabab (1954)

I had so many expectations when I sat down to watch this movie. I was already smitten by Naushad Saab’s great music he gave for this film and was hoping for a real treat with Nutan in the lead. While both Naushadji and Nutan were great, the movie was not. It is a tribute to Naushadji that he kept churning out a classic after classic even though one might think that he attained his peak with “Baiju Bawra (1952)”. True, music like that composed for “Baiju” happens once in a century. But music for this film is also marvelously magnificent. Each and every song is an utter delight. Naushadji deserved more accolades, more awards, more of everything that was ever good.

Nutan looked very skinny but gleefully radiant as a woman infatuated and consumed with love and passion. Unfortunately, the leading man Bharat Bhushan continued to be completely wooden and void of expression. The only movie he looked good was “Baiju Bawra”. After that in series of movies he was in, he just about carried the same single expression which is really no expression.

Badayuni Saab has provided some fabulous lyrics that were turned into super songs by Naushadji. There are so many great songs in this film. These include “Chandan Ka Palna”, two versions of “Jogan”, Manna Dey’s “Bhagat Ke”, Ustad Amir Khan’s “Daya Kar”, Rafi Saab’s “Aaye Na”, and the list goes on and on…

I am uploading these and other beautiful songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 15 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #565

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Shabab (1954)"...

Here are more songs from this enduring musical album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 15 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #566

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Shabab (1954)"...

Here are rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 16 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #567

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Zarak Khan (1963)

I have only three songs from this film. There are at least three more, shown in red italics in the table below, that are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can including any other missing ones with rest of us. Thank you.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Oct 16 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #568

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 16 2013, 09:21 PM) *

I have only three songs from this film. There are at least three more, shown in red italics in the table below, that are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can including any other missing ones with rest of us. Thank you.

one requested song from ZARAK KHAN
zarak khan-63-sham ki tanhaiyan hain-asha-s mohinder-anand bakshi-3.23 mins-192 br
taiyab
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 17 2013, 06:33 AM
Post #569

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 16 2013, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 16 2013, 09:21 PM) *

one requested song from ZARAK KHAN
zarak khan-63-sham ki tanhaiyan hain-asha-s mohinder-anand bakshi-3.23 mins-192 br
taiyab

Thank you very much Taiyab for the song. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 17 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #570

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat) Mayur Pankh (1954)

Songs from this thread were uploaded recently in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=474

+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:59 AM