Read recently about iPod shuffle being available in India (costs somewhere between 8k-9k for 512 MB and 12k-13k for 1 GB).
I have always been a fan of Apple's innovative design. I was mesmerised when I first saw an iPod. But good design comes at a price.
With iPod shuffle, Apple has introduced what they call as random song playback. You load iPod shuffle with your playlist and it will play it in random order. Well, this is a nice feature if you love surprises...
Unlike iPod, iPod shuffle does not have a display screen. So your ID3 tags are of no use. I guess attacking the low-budget market is the main reason for doing away with LCD screen and introducing so called "random playback".
Compared to iPod shuffle, I would prefer to put my money on Creative's MuVo Micro N200 series. The advantages they offer against iPod shuffle are many...
1. Creative's player comes in 128,256,512,1GB model.
2. It comes with FM radio, FM recorder, Voice Recorder (None of these are present in iPod Shuffle).
3. Comes with a small LCD screen where you can view song details.
4. Plays WMA as well as MP3 (iPod shuffle plays only mp3)
5. If white is not your colour, it comes in many colour ranges
I guess Creative MuVo Micro N200 128 MB (around 6kI guess) and 256 MB (around 8.5K) are currently available in India and they are planning to launh 512 MB and 1 GB soon.
For more info on iPod Shuffle visit http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
For more info on Creative MuVo Micro N200 visit http://www.creative.com/products/product.a...5&product=10737