Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Nov 18 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Kishore) Shikari (1946)

Per filmography, Kishore appeared in the movie "Do Ghadi Ki Mauj" in 1935. If this is true, I don't have any songs from this movie. Requesting members to kindly share.

The filmography also gives that Kishore appeared in the 1936 film "Krorepati". I believe this is in error. This movie starred Saigal. I do have some songs from this movie but bacause I am convinced that Kishore didn't appear in this movie, I am not uploading these here. May be some of our learned members can help resolve this. By the way, Kishore did star in a movie called "Krorepti" later in his acting carrier, in 1961.

That leaves me to come to this album, which I believe is the film in which Kishore made his acting debut. Its music is by that great composer S.D. Burman. There are 10 songs in this movie. I am uploading five of them here. Requesting members to share the rest if they can. Also, I am including Burmanda's version of "Rangeela Re" song. It is an absolute treat. Please see the post be Pradeep Asrani below.

This movie had several songs that were sung by the great actor Ashok Kumar. He had such a beautiful voice. I wonder why he chose not to sing in his movies later in his career. Interestingly, he insisted on Kihsore to make a career as an actor instead of as a singer Kishore originally wanted to be.

The source of the songs is from CD collections and from the Forum members. Thanks to the members. Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 20 2009, 12:49 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Nov 18 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 634

The song Rangeela Re, Kahan Kahan Gaya Re is indeed sung by Kishore Kumar along with Paro (the female singer) and Ashok Kumar (the other male singer). SDB should be credited for the first song of Kishore Kumar as an adult, although as a child, he was in the chorus group which accompanied Ashok Kumar in Chal Chal Re Naujawan from Bandhan (1940). This is also, perhaps, the only instance when the two brothers have sung together. The song in Ziddi, Marne Ki Duayen is his first song as a playback singer.

Pradeep

Sorry I responded by reading the caption rather than the list of songs where SP has clearly mentioned the singers of Rangeela Re, the Trio.

This post has been edited by pradeepasrani: Nov 18 2009, 10:52 PM
+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Nov 18 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 634

The solo Rangeela is indeed SDB himself but it is a Bengali Non-film song and not from Shikari. SDB repeated the tune of this song in Aan Milo Aan Milo Shyam Sanware in Devdas (1955).

Jagmag Hai Aasman and Dol Rehi Hai Naiya is same song but sung twice, once as a solo by Ashok and again as a duet by Ashok and Paro.

Pradeep

This post has been edited by pradeepasrani: Nov 18 2009, 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Nov 18 2009, 09:28 AM) *

The solo Rangeela is indeed SDB himself but it is a Bengali Non-film song and not from Shikari. SDB repeated the tune of this song in Aan Milo Aan Milo Shyam Sanware in Devdas (1955).

Jagmag Hai Aasman and Dol Rehi Hai Naiya is same song but sung twice, once as a solo by Ashok and again as a duet by Ashok and Paro.

Pradeep

Thank you very much Pradeepji for straightening things out. That helps. I made changes to the post to reflect your suggestions made in these two posts.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Nov 19 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6864

Swarapriya,

I don't have any words to express my gratitude for all the threads you have started. Thanks for the hum ek hain songs. Thanks to Faraaj, Romesh and Kadri for Jwar bhata songs.

Lakshmi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(lakshmi @ Nov 18 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Swarapriya,

I don't have any words to express my gratitude for all the threads you have started. Thanks for the hum ek hain songs. Thanks to Faraaj, Romesh and Kadri for Jwar bhata songs.

Lakshmi

Thanks for such nice compliments. It gives fiurther encouragement to me to move forward beacuse I know there is someone like you and others like you are out there to support these efforts.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Nov 19 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 19 2009, 03:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 18 2009, 01:19 AM) *

Hi Swarapriya

Two other comments:

1- Having seen some Dilip interviews, as a young man he was influenced by Gary Cooper, Paul Muni and Spencer Tracy - something of which is reflected in his performances.
2- Kalinga was an epic project he worked on for a long time and in fact directed but I don't think it was ever released or even completed. I'd love to see it if it was released.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Thanks for the songs Faraaj, and the info. By the way Dilip was originally offered the role that was eventually played by Omar Shariff in David Lean's great classic epic drama "Lawrence of Arabia". For some reason he declind.

Please mail the song whenever it is convenient to you.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

David Lean was married several times and one of his many wives was an Indian lady. He became friends with Dilip when married to that lady, probably because of the indian connection. He did offer the Omar Sharif role to Dilip and our superstar declined for the simple reason that he was lazy. He was quite blunt in interviews in stating that as a superstar he could walk onto indian film sets as late as he liked and was treated like royalty. He knew he would be required to change his habits for a western picture and didn't think he could change his habits. I must admit I found his reason quite disappointing...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
debjyoti
post Nov 19 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 53448

Great thread Swarapriya Sis.Kishoreda was a great actor,and allthough he was mainly known for comic acting and zanny slapstick comedy,he had done some serious roles also like in Bhai Bhai,Naukri,Door trilogy etc.He had also acted in 4 bengali films-
Lookochuri
Ektuku Choan Laage
Madhya Rater Tara
Dustu Projapoti.
All his 4 bengali films have great songs sung by Kishoreda.

JAI MAHAGURU PARAMATMA MAHAPRABHU SHRI KISHOREDA BHAGWAN KI!!!
KISHORE KUMAR IS THE GREATEST SINGER AND ALL-ROUNDER ARTIST IN THE WORLD!!!
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 19 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 18 2009, 10:37 PM) *

(Kishore) Shikari (1946)

Per filmography, Kishore appeared in the movie "Do Ghadi Ki Mauj" in 1935. If this is true, I don't have any songs from this movie. Requesting members to kindly share.

The filmography also gives that Kishore appeared in the 1936 film "Krorepati". I believe this is in error. This movie starred Saigal. I do have some songs from this movie but bacause I am convinced that Kishore didn't appear in this movie, I am not uploading these here. May be some of our learned members can help resolve this. By the way, Kishore did star in a movie called "Krorepti" later in his acting carrier, in 1961.

That leaves me to come to this album, which I believe is the film in which Kishore made his acting debut. Its music is by that great composer S.D. Burman. There are 10 songs in this movie. I am uploading five of them here. Requesting members to share the rest if they can. Also, I am including Burmanda's version of "Rangeela Re" song. It is an absolute treat. Please see the post be Pradeep Asrani below.

This movie had several songs that were sung by the great actor Ashok Kumar. He had such a beautiful voice. I wonder why he chose not to sing in his movies later in his career. Interestingly, he insisted on Kihsore to make a career as an actor instead of as a singer Kishore originally wanted to be.

The source of the songs is from CD collections and from the Forum members. Thanks to the members. Now for the songs ...

i have radio version of tere bina sooni sooni hai. the sound quality is not upto the mark if somebody wants i can upload this song

romesh
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Nov 19 2009, 03:03 AM) *

i have radio version of tere bina sooni sooni hai. the sound quality is not upto the mark if somebody wants i can upload this song

romesh

Romesh, please go ahead and upload. I would like to listen to the song and others may want it too. Thanks.

Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 19 2009, 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Aage Badho (1947)

This movie starred beautiful and talented Khurshid Bano and Dev Anand. It was Dev's second movie but Khurshid was already a veteran actress by this time. Khurshid Bano, born Irshad Begum, was a well known singer and actress in 30’s and 40’s. (See the picture in the attachment.) Her first movie role was in a movie called “Eye for an Eye”, a silent movie, made in 1931 (the year first talkie was made "Alam Ara"). She made several movies through 30’s and 40’s with all the leading men of those days. She is the only other actress, aside from beautiful Suraiya, to work opposite immortal Saigal in two movies. The film “Tansen” made in 1943 was a huge success and brought her fame both as a singer as well as an actress.

“Papeeha Re” made in 1948 was her last film in India before she migrated to Pakistan. She did not find the anticipated success in that country. She passed away in Karachi at the age of 87 in 2001.

I am uploading four songs from this movie here. Three of the missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Probably more or missing. Requesting members to share the missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this movie ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 20 2009, 12:52 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 19 2009, 01:26 AM) *

David Lean was married several times and one of his many wives was an Indian lady. He became friends with Dilip when married to that lady, probably because of the indian connection. He did offer the Omar Sharif role to Dilip and our superstar declined for the simple reason that he was lazy. He was quite blunt in interviews in stating that as a superstar he could walk onto indian film sets as late as he liked and was treated like royalty. He knew he would be required to change his habits for a western picture and didn't think he could change his habits. I must admit I found his reason quite disappointing...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Interesting. Didn't ever think Dilip as a lazy fellow. If that is what his excuse was, Faraaj, I must agree with you it was just a lame one and very disappointing. But it doesn't diminish any less of my admiration for him as one of our greatest actors. By the way, I thought Omar Sharif did a great job in "Lawrence of Arabia", the role which was initially offered to Dilip. Incidentally, the movie also had I.S. Johar in a very significant role.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 19 2009, 11:45 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 19 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(debjyoti @ Nov 19 2009, 02:47 AM) *

Great thread Swarapriya Sis.Kishoreda was a great actor,and allthough he was mainly known for comic acting and zanny slapstick comedy,he had done some serious roles also like in Bhai Bhai,Naukri,Door trilogy etc.He had also acted in 4 bengali films-
Lookochuri
Ektuku Choan Laage
Madhya Rater Tara
Dustu Projapoti.
All his 4 bengali films have great songs sung by Kishoreda.

Well, Deb, you're preaching to the choir when you're talking about Kishore. Inspite of all of the human weaknesses he had, like rest of us, he also was a cinematic genius because of the awsome talent he possessed.

By the way, may be you can post the songs from these movies at appropriate times. I'm going in chronological order, but you can upload them any time you like.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
Rushin
post Nov 20 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 19 2009, 11:27 PM) *

(Dev) Aage Badho (1947)

This movie starred beautiful and talented Khurshid Bano and Dev Anand. It was Dev's second movie but Khurshid was already a veteran actress by this time. Khurshid Bano, born Irshad Begum, was a well known singer and actress in 30’s and 40’s. (See the picture in the attachment.) Her first movie role was in a movie called “Eye for an Eye”, a silent movie, made in 1931 (the year first talkie was made "Alam Ara"). She made several movies through 30’s and 40’s with all the leading men of those days. She is the only other actress, aside from beautiful Suraiya, to work opposite immortal Saigal in two movies. The film “Tansen” made in 1943 was a huge success and brought her fame both as a singer as well as an actress.

“Papeeha Re” made in 1948 was her last film in India before she migrated to Pakistan. She did not find the anticipated success in that country. She passed away in Karachi at the age of 87 in 2001.

I am uploading four songs from this movie here. Three of the missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Probably more or missing. Requesting members to share the missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this movie ...

songs are courtesy of forum members

naina rasile (3.05 min / 96 Kbps / MP3)
Jhoom Raha (2.47 min / 96 Kbps / MP3)
Suno suno (3.57 min / 160 Kbps /MP3)

R
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rushin @ Nov 19 2009, 03:44 PM) *

songs are courtesy of forum members

naina rasile (3.05 min / 96 Kbps / MP3)
Jhoom Raha (2.47 min / 96 Kbps / MP3)
Suno suno (3.57 min / 160 Kbps /MP3)

Thanks a whole bunch for the songs, Rushin. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

67 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:39 AM