Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nature Waatch >>from Here And There

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nature Waatch >>from Here And There
kabir
post Jun 27 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4604

these pics are just beautiful..............

Speechless...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jun 27 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(kabir @ Jun 27 2007, 01:47 PM) *

these pics are just beautiful..............

Speechless...

bow.gif honored...thank you kabir....

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jul 30 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Barbados.......

Attached Image

Attached Image

China...........it can't get better than this..........one of the most picturesque spots on earth...

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Some chinese blooms...........

wild magnolia.......

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Chinese Asters

Attached Image

Attached Image

Red buds........cherry blossoms

Attached Image

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Jul 31 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

It's difficult to believe that there are still such pristine spots left on this planet.
As usual, your selection is excellent Reeth. Many many thanks for this visual treat. smile.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Jul 31 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Jul 31 2007, 04:36 AM) *

It's difficult to believe that there are still such pristine spots left on this planet.
As usual, your selection is excellent Reeth. Many many thanks for this visual treat. smile.gif

Noorie

thumbs-up.gif bow.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Aug 5 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Kashmir .....India

Attached Image

Nubra valley......... Kashmir.... India

Attached Image

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Aug 22 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hawai .....Baldwin Beach..

Attached Image

A variety of Hawaiian wild Orchid...

Attached Image

China.....

Attached Image

Norway fjord

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 6 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Western France....

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 7 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Reeth, the new pixs are beautiful. Thank you.

I love wild flowers. wub.gif
Especially those tiny little lily-of-the-valley all over the meadows right after the first spring rains. Do you think you could add a pix or two of them on this thread? That would be lovely.

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 8 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 7 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Reeth, the new pixs are beautiful. Thank you.

I love wild flowers. wub.gif
Especially those tiny little lily-of-the-valley all over the meadows right after the first spring rains. Do you think you could add a pix or two of them on this thread? That would be lovely.

Noorie

biggrin.gif Here are some pics noorie hope you like them.....

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 8 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

wub.gif Thanks Reeth.

Here's something more about this beautiful flower 'muguet' as they say in France. wub.gif

Attached Image

I love late April in France for many reasons. Right up at the top of the list is the lovely French custom of offering small bouquets of muguet de bois to friends, family and colleagues on the first of May, May Day. In the last days of April, the streets are filled with muguet vendors, both rogue and approved, who offer two or three branches of this fragrant flower for 3 euros. Flowershops show off charming arrangements incorporating lilies-of-the-valley. Everyone wants to give and receive un brin de muguet for good luck and happiness.

Why muguet? Why May 1? This giving tradition is centuries old, purportedly having started during the reign of Charles IX in the 16th century. At the beginning of the merry month of May, wedding bans were traditionally posted and wreaths of muguets were hung in doorways of the brides-to-be. In the late 1800s, the international workers movement declared the first of this month as May Day, in honor of the workers of the world.

In France, workers and their supporters wore lily-of-the-valley boutonnières to combine old with new. Today many unions in France sponsor flower sales as fundraisers for their members, and May 1 is a national holiday, Fête des Ouvriers. But for me, May 1 is May Day, when the streets are filled with the perfume of muguets des bois and smiling faces exchanging flowers and good wishes for the coming season.

(A blog- wub.gif )

IPB Image

+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 8 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Reeth, have you ever been to the South of France? I would love to some day.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 8 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 8 2007, 10:08 AM) *

wub.gif Thanks Reeth.

Here's something more about this beautiful flower 'muguet' as they say in France. wub.gif

Attached Image

I love late April in France for many reasons. Right up at the top of the list is the lovely French custom of offering small bouquets of muguet de bois to friends, family and colleagues on the first of May, May Day. In the last days of April, the streets are filled with muguet vendors, both rogue and approved, who offer two or three branches of this fragrant flower for 3 euros. Flowershops show off charming arrangements incorporating lilies-of-the-valley. Everyone wants to give and receive un brin de muguet for good luck and happiness.

Why muguet? Why May 1? This giving tradition is centuries old, purportedly having started during the reign of Charles IX in the 16th century. At the beginning of the merry month of May, wedding bans were traditionally posted and wreaths of muguets were hung in doorways of the brides-to-be. In the late 1800s, the international workers movement declared the first of this month as May Day, in honor of the workers of the world.

In France, workers and their supporters wore lily-of-the-valley boutonnières to combine old with new. Today many unions in France sponsor flower sales as fundraisers for their members, and May 1 is a national holiday, Fête des Ouvriers. But for me, May 1 is May Day, when the streets are filled with the perfume of muguets des bois and smiling faces exchanging flowers and good wishes for the coming season.

(A blog- wub.gif )

Lovely custom/tradition, thanx for the info noorie... smile.gif

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 8 2007, 05:44 PM) *

Nope, will definitely do so some day.....
Have you? if so plz u/l some pics noorie...
btw noorie how come you not participating in the comedy soap opera now on at c o c
you've been honored and blessed as well .... tongue1.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 8 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 8 2007, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 8 2007, 10:08 AM) *

wub.gif Thanks Reeth.

Attached Image

(A blog- wub.gif )

Lovely custom/tradition, thanx for the info noorie... smile.gif

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 8 2007, 05:44 PM) *

Nope, will definitely do so some day.....
Have you? if so plz u/l some pics noorie...
btw noorie how come you not participating in the comedy soap opera now on at c o c
you've been honored and blessed as well .... tongue1.gif

blab.gif

I hate melodrama. Blame it on my genes; I can’t act. sad.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 9 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Reeth, do these pixs make you want to travel South? tongue1.gif To Southern France maybe?

Attached Image
St. Maxime

Attached Image

Attached Image
Gascony

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
A lavender field in Provence

IPB Image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 PM