Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily

, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s

26 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s
sri
post Sep 16 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

next song is 'chura ke dil ban rahe hain bhole' sung by Lata for the film CHHOTE NAWAB 1961 - the initial verse begins with the words 'Woh aaye ghar mein hamare khuda ki kudrat hai'

this version is from the film soundtrack. In between the initial verse and the main song, there was a 1-2 mins dialogue between Mehmood and Johnny Walker which I have eliminated

enjoy! gift.gif

Sri

This, as many will know, was the first movie of RDB as music director. But many may not know that, the asst music directors for this film were Laxmikant and Pyarelal !!

The song has been uploaded in a different thread - the link to download is here :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=42541

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shuklas
post Sep 16 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Sri :

Wondering if songs from Film : Aao Pyar kare....

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
maheshks
post Sep 16 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Shuklas any particular song from the movie Aayo Pyar Karen (Joy Mukherjee and
Saira Banu)

Sriji...I have a wonderful composition of Chitragupt from the movie Oonche Log..
sung by Mahendra Kapoor and Lataji. smile1.gif

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 16 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 16 2005, 07:40 PM)
Sri :
Wondering if songs from Film : Aao Pyar kare....
Shuklas

sirf ek gaana hai mere paas - " ek sunehri shaam thi " - lovely song - i like it a lot
if you don;t have it i will u/l - i was planning to anyway ( maybe i have done it already some time ago blab.gif don't remember )

sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 16 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(maheshks @ Sep 16 2005, 08:24 PM)
Sriji...I have a wonderful composition of Chitragupt from the movie Oonche Log..
sung by Mahendra Kapoor and Lataji. smile1.gif

mahesh .. pl let's have it .. esp if the quality of recording is good CD/DVD
must be 'aaja re mere pyar ke rahi' i guess. i just love chitragupt's music

sri

+Quote Post
shuklas
post Sep 17 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Mahesh Jee & Sri :

Please upload any and every songs of Aao Pyar kare.....have not heard since ages...Looking forward to have these upload.

Thanks for your response.

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Sep 17 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 17 2005, 03:56 AM)
Mahesh Jee & Sri :

Please upload any and every songs of Aao Pyar kare.....have not heard since ages...Looking forward to have these upload.

Thanks for your response.

Shuklas

Shuklas, one solo of Lataji- from Aao Pyar Karein (1964) -Tamannaon ko khilne do--, is posted under the thread - "Lata's Classics"

A duet -from same film-Tum akele to kabhi baagh me -by Md.Rafi & Lata posted in the thread "Rafi Classics"
Mohd.
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 17 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #53

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 17 2005, 03:56 AM)
Mahesh Jee & Sri :
Shuklas

Shuklas,

Here's one I like from Aao pyar karen (1964), sung by Lata
Ek sunehri shaam thi, behki behki zindagi
Raah mein hum tum mile, meri palkon ke tale
Aashiyan tera ban gaya

Music of Usha Khanna and lyrics of Rajinder Krishan

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 19 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #54

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Madan Mohan and Lata Mangeshkar - a well known and fabulous combination !! Here's one such classic from one of Madan Mohan's later years, from the film Dil ki rahen (1973).

"Rasm-e-ulfat ko nibhayen to nibhayen kaise
har taraf aag hai daaman ko bachaen kaise"
lyrics of Naqsh Lyalpuri

The track begins with a small speech by Madan Mohan ( from one of his radio programmes). This is a very typical Madan Mohan composition which has his style stamped all over it. Listen to the lovely sitar interludes and the sitar music at the end - all played by Rais Khan, who used to play regularly for Madan Mohan. A few years later, Madan Mohan, apparently feeling insulted by something that Rais Khan had said, dropped him from his music. In fact he dropped the sitar itself from his compositions.... and for Mausam, his next film at that time, he switched completely to the flute with a background of strings. And, what fantastic music and orchestration he produced with 'Dil dhoondta hai phir wohi fursat ke raat din' !!

Such monumentally great composers we had in those days ...

Anyway, enough of my speech ... now enjoy the song! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 20 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

next song on this thread will be a duet with Mohd. Rafi

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 21 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

STOP PRESS !!
sorry ...changed my mind about the duet I was about to upload... because I came across this TRULY LOVELY and RARE song, which I thought I must immediately share with all of you

Tuhi Shyam mera - from the film Panchayat 1958 (starring Raaj Kumar, Manoj Kumar, Shyama and Nasir Hussain) with music by IQBAL QURESHI ( his first film ) and lyrics by SHAKEEL NOMANI
Words are :
Main gun gaoon tera, tuhi shyam mera
jale jyot jag mein, mere ghar andhera, tuhi shyam mera

Enjoy this melody, sung so beautifully with so much feeling, by Lata ! gift.gif
This will surely be a gem in my collection.

Sri

+Quote Post
ketadxb
post Sep 21 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Member No.: 2157

To, All contributors
great up loads and thanks a million, they are rare ones and took me down memory lane ( jeene wale zoom ke is an example)
I have heard the folowing very few times I do not the wordings or any details any way here it is

"Ye neer kaha se ayee, badara------ by lataji

i rememember a Nirupa roy movie"Muskurao ke jee nahi lagata, aa bhi jaao ke jee nahi lagata"

and I do remember "ghar aaja ghir aayee badara sawarian

Thanka again

Keshav
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 22 2005, 11:07 AM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Lata fans ...don't forget to check out post # 57 - song from the film Panchayat 1958

+Quote Post
maheshks
post Sep 22 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 19 2005, 09:57 PM) *

Madan Mohan and Lata Mangeshkar - a well known and fabulous combination !! Here's one such classic from one of Madan Mohan's later years, from the film Dil ki rahen (1973).

"Rasm-e-ulfat ko nibhayen to nibhayen kaise
har taraf aag hai daaman ko bachaen kaise"
lyrics of Naqsh Lyalpuri

The track begins with a small speech by Madan Mohan ( from one of his radio programmes). This is a very typical Madan Mohan composition which has his style stamped all over it. Listen to the lovely sitar interludes and the sitar music at the end - all played by Rais Khan, who used to play regularly for Madan Mohan. A few years later, Madan Mohan, apparently feeling insulted by something that Rais Khan had said, dropped him from his music. In fact he dropped the sitar itself from his compositions.... and for Mausam, his next film at that time, he switched completely to the flute with a background of strings. And, what fantastic music and orchestration he produced with 'Dil dhoondta hai phir wohi fursat ke raat din' !!

Such monumentally great composers we had in those days ...

Anyway, enough of my speech ... now enjoy the song! gift.gif

Sri

Sri Bhai...Rais Khan had a very long association with O P Nayyar saab, much more than
any other music director. You will find many of the Nayyar saab's song with Sitar taking the
centre stage amongst from all the other instruments that nayyar saab have used beautifully
in his songs. Alas this is Lataji's forum and there is no song of this combination
(Lataji and Nayyar Saab) in the Indian film music.

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 22 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(maheshks @ Sep 22 2005, 03:32 PM) *

Sri Bhai...Rais Khan had a very long association with O P Nayyar saab,
.....and there is no song of this combination (Lataji and Nayyar Saab) in the Indian film music.

mahesh - thanks for the info
..and yes, the fact that Lata and OPN never got together will always remain a loss for HFM. But then, if they had also worked together like all the others did.... who knows, we may have lost all the Asha - OPN gems that we were blessed with in the 60s !!

by the way...how do you find the Lata song in Panchayat - Tuhi shyam mera?

Sri

+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:29 AM