Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Come Back Of Great Rafi

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Come Back Of Great Rafi
razia
post Oct 17 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18970

Hi Rafians!

I am starting a new thread by the name of "THE COME BACK OF GREAT RAFI". This would include songs
of Rafi sahib from 1977 to onwards.

I would request you all to contibute to this thread so that we can share the last memorable songs sung
by this great singer, which are very rare to find elsewhere. I wish he could have lived few years more with his magic voice but alas he departed at the time when he was re-emerging with his massive hits in films like Amar akbar Anthony,Hum Kisi se Kum nahin, Suhaag, Sargam,naseeb etc.

May his soul rest in peace and he resides in heaven.

Looking forward for some one to post the first song for this thread.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anwar_Fan
post Oct 17 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 4348

QUOTE(razia @ Oct 17 2007, 05:07 AM) *

May his soul rest in peace and he resides in heaven.

Ameen wub.gif
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 17 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(razia @ Oct 17 2007, 11:37 AM) *

Hi Rafians!

I am starting a new thread by the name of "THE COME BACK OF GREAT RAFI". This would include songs of Rafi sahib from 1977 to onwards.

The title is offensive, please change it.

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 17 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

would you like to explain please.

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 17 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 17 2007, 04:03 PM) *

A "comeback" logically requires a 'departure'; now that 2 me is most offensive.

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Oct 17 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 2633

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 17 2007, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 17 2007, 04:03 PM) *

A "comeback" logically requires a 'departure'; now that 2 me is most offensive.

Well, here's something that we can do with.... before we get too emotional with the title of this topic :

come·back /ˈkʌmˌbæk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-bak] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a return to a former higher rank, popularity, position, prosperity, etc.: The ex-champion kept trying to make a comeback.
2. a clever or effective retort; rejoinder; riposte: That was a great comeback the comedian made to the hecklers.
3. Informal. a basis or cause of complaint: If you insist on buying these pointed shoes, you'll have no comeback when your toes start to hurt.
[Origin: 1815–25; n. use of v. phrase come back]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
come·back (kŭm'bāk') Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A return to formerly enjoyed status or prosperity: The film star made an unexpected comeback.
2. A return to popularity: Wide ties are making a comeback this year.
2. The act of making up a deficit, as in a contest or game.
3. A reply, especially a quick witty one; a retort.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Surely, we all agree with the fact that Rafi Sahab did lose some of his popularity to Kishore Da during the 70s, and it took almost a couple of years for him to regain the position that he enjoyed earlier. Right? I think so. Now, if you all agree with what I have just mentioned then you would also agree that regaining the position can be termed as a "Comeback"(nothing negative or demeaning about it and plus the definitions also state that) and that a "departure" is not necessarily the best way (or word for that matter) to describe a temporary loss of a certain position. Therefore, why this strong reaction towards the the word 'COMEBACK' when it doesn't denote anything negative about Rafi Sahab in this context?

Well, I simply feel that RAZIA ji is merely pointing towards this 'COMEBACK' that Rafi Sahab made after the slight phase when Kishore Da had become the most popular singer. I also believe that the title was selected with good and honest intent, and therefore why the title should be considered as OFFENSIVE is beyond me.
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 17 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LEGENDRAFI @ Oct 17 2007, 05:06 PM) *

Surely, we all agree with the fact that Rafi Sahab did lose some of his popularity to Kishore Da during the 70s , and it took almost a couple of years for him to regain the position that he enjoyed earlier. Right? I think so.

Now, if you all agree with what I have just mentioned then you would also agree that regaining the position can be termed as a "Comeback"(nothing negative or demeaning about it and plus the definitions also state that) and that a "departure" is not necessarily the best way (or word for that matter) to describe a temporary loss of a certain position.
Therefore, why this strong reaction towards the the word 'COMEBACK' when it doesn't denote anything negative about Rafi Sahab in this context?

Well, I simply feel that RAZIA ji is merely pointing towards this 'COMEBACK' that Rafi Sahab made after the slight phase when Kishore Da had become the most popular singer. I also believe that the title was selected with good and honest intent, and therefore why the title should be considered as OFFENSIVE is beyond me.

I am afraid we do not.

That's why!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Oct 17 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 17 2007, 05:23 PM) *

Surely, we all agree with the fact that Rafi Sahab did lose some of his popularity to Kishore Da during the 70s , and it took almost a couple of years for him to regain the position that he enjoyed earlier. Right? I think so.

Now, if you all agree with what I have just mentioned then you would also agree that regaining the position can be termed as a "Comeback"(nothing negative or demeaning about it and plus the definitions also state that) and that a "departure" is not necessarily the best way (or word for that matter) to describe a temporary loss of a certain position.
Therefore, why this strong reaction towards the the word 'COMEBACK' when it doesn't denote anything negative about Rafi Sahab in this context?

I am afraid we do not.

That's why!

I guess, next you would say that 'ARADHANA' never happened! I am sorry, but that would not change anything.

Mam, it's just the reality and there's nothing wrong in accepting that, and more over you got to give credit where it's due! I think it was Rafi Sahab's greatness that he made such a grand 'COMEBACK', which saw him win the National Award for KYA HUA TERA WAADA and give some great songs even when Kishore Kumar was giving one great hit after another.

I thought the whole 'COMEBACK' thing added to Rafi Sahab's greatness and made his journey as a singer - LEGENDARY and inspirational.
+Quote Post
noorie
post Oct 17 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LEGENDRAFI @ Oct 17 2007, 05:43 PM) *

I am afraid we do not.

That's why!

I guess, next you would say that 'ARADHANA' never happened! I am sorry, but that would not change anything.

Mam, it's just the reality ! and there's nothing wrong in accepting that, and more over you got to give credit where it's due ! I think it was Rafi Sahab's greatness that he made such a grand 'COMEBACK' , which saw him win the National Award for KYA HUA TERA WAADA and give some great songs even when Kishore Kumar was giving one great hit after another.

I thought the whole 'COMEBACK' thing added to Rafi Sahab's greatness and made his journey as a singer - LEGENDARY and inspirational.

If that's the way you feel, there's nothing more I would like 2 add 2 this conversation.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Oct 17 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 236

Friends.Don't waste your time by arguing. Enjoy the maza provided by two greats.

Song:Mera dildaar ka

Singers:Mohd Rafi,Kishore Kumar

Film:Deedar-E-Yaar(1982)

Music:LP

Lyrics:Sahir

Duration:7.07

Bitrate:128 kbps

dil doondtha hain phir vohi fursat ke raat din
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Oct 17 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 17 2007, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(LEGENDRAFI @ Oct 17 2007, 05:43 PM) *

I am afraid we do not.

That's why!

Mam, it's just the reality and there's nothing wrong in accepting that, and more over you got to give credit where it's due! I think it was Rafi Sahab's greatness that he made such a grand 'COMEBACK' , which saw him win the National Award for KYA HUA TERA WAADA and give some great songs even when Kishore Kumar was giving one great hit after another.

If that's the way you feel, there's nothing more I would like 2 add 2 this conversation.

Thank you very much for that!

+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Oct 17 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Here's one from my side, a beautiful sparkling solo by Rafi Sahab for the Late Vinod Mehra. I also love the way this song has been picturised:

Song - KAISE JEET LETE HAIN LOG DIL KISI KA
Film - SAAJAN BINA SUHAGAN
Year - 1978
Music - USHA KHANNA
Lyrics - INDEEVAR
Duration - 4.01
Format - MP3
Bitrate - 192 Kbps

+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 17 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

That is a fact that Rafi sahab lost his unique and supreme position which he gained in 60s......and this is also a fact that nobody ever, whether before him or after him, achieved that sort of monopoly (used this word in a positive sense) in popularity. Kishore did manage to leave Rafi sahab behind a bit in early seventies but then Rafi came roaring back, because he had to, due to his unsurpassable natural talent. Rafi had to rule, because he was born to rule.....Looking at the stature of Rafi sahab as a star in 60s, we have to believe that no body ever rose to that level, not even Rafi sahab after his comeback.

(All this IMHO)

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 17 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

QUOTE(razia @ Oct 17 2007, 02:07 AM) *

I wish he could have lived few years more with his magic voice but alas he departed at the time when he was re-emerging with his massive hits in films like Amar akbar Anthony,Hum Kisi se Kum nahin, Suhaag, Sargam,naseeb etc.

Great thread ! smile.gif

I just wish SD Burman was around during this time, he could have created more gems with, as he liked to call it, his 'first serve'. Imagine SD-Rafi in the late seventies, that would have been awesome.

I think the word comeback should be associated with his songs having more of a presence on music charts than anything else. Rafi was always there, its just during a brief period his songs didn't make it as much to the charts as they did before. It doesn't mean they weren't hits, they were huge hits, but the representation was different. After 1976, they started making their presence more felt and it was an avalanche of Rafi everywhere.

Rafi had already emerged in a HUGE way. Check out, or ask anyone about the trends for the Binaca Geet Mala that happened in the later years. From 1977-79, Rafi and Kishore ruled supreme, but from 1979-1982 it was a total one man show. Whoever lived through that period knows for sure that Rafi was everywhere, very little of any other singer to be seen. Sure, Kishore and others were giving hits, but not as much as the Rafi hits. Until 1982 after Rafi's death, he still ruled the music charts, so imagine what could have been had he lived longer. He already proved he was the greatest, not that he needed to anyways because it was already known.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Oct 17 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Myawan Bhai and PrinceAli ji, I think both of you have hit the nail on the head with your analysis of this topic. That's exactly what I had tried to point out in my posts above. Rafi Sahab's popularity did come down during some part of the 70s but that is more in relative terms than anything else, since Kishore Kumar's was on such a meteoric high. In no way did it meant that Rafi Sahab's greatness was in question as it was only a matter of popularity and not ability.

The word COMEBACK therefore can be aptly used in a situation like the one that we are talking about.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:26 AM